Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 2

Oklahoma got screwed.

Anyone else watch the end of this game? Oklahoma was up 33-20 with 3:12 to go. Oregon scored soon after to make it 33-27. The Ducks had to do an onside kick to have any chance. They recovered it--illegally. An Oregon player touched the ball at about 9 yards, then it hit an Oklahoma player and Oregon eventually recovered it. The play was reviewed upstairs and they upheld the call. It was completely obvious about what had happened. It appeared that they didn't know the rules about the kicking team not being able to touch the ball before it goes 10 yards.

So now the Ducks have the ball with a little over a minute left at mid-field. During their drive, Oregon attempts a pass that was tipped slightly at the line and falls incomplete, but pass interference was called on the OU defender. Pass interference can't be called when the ball is tipped. Bob Stoops had to harp on a Ref to get that play reviewed. It was reviewed and the call was upheld, the ball was not tipped. Oregon struck for a TD on the next play to go up 34-33 with 45 seconds left.

Oregon squibs the kick, but an OU kick returner still ends up with it after a bounce and returns it all the way to the Oregon 30. OU runs a play and then attempts a 44 yard field goal, which is blocked and ends the game.

Oklahoma got screwed in the end of this game by the referees. The onside kick call was painfully obvious. The announcer immediately said "What a horrible call!" as soon as the call was upheld. They also showed how it was pretty clear that the ball was tipped on the pass interference call. Wow. They were Pac-10 ref's too.

Oklahoma should still be undefeated.

Prospect
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 424
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: Oklahoma got screwed.

I also saw the end of this game. Both reviews were clearly called wrong. On the PA call, the ball went from a spiral to a duck... it was tipped.
    I thought reviews are supposed to get the correct call. I guess it helps when you have pac 10 officials on your side.

Last edited by ISU Clone; 09-16-2006 at 06:56 PM.
    GO CLONES!!!!

Prospect
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 478
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 2

Yeah, I have a sick feeling in my stomach for the Sooners. Those refs up in the booth should definitely get reprimanded because both of those calls should have been overturned and it was obvious. On the kick I can't believe that they said an Oklahoma player touched it first. The Oregon player jumped right in front of the guy.

Unfortunately on ESPN they aren't even showing the onside kick. They are just making it seem like Oregon recovered it without any controversy.

Oklahoma did have a chance to win it at the end. Deciding to run Peterson with no timeouts was not very smart. Tough day for the big 12.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 339
    Given: 240

Just caught the end but heard mention of poor calls. Tough break...

Speechless
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 629
    Given: 394

Royally gipped by PAC TEN refs. They owe Stoops an apology.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Recruit Achievements:
    Thumbs Up

Oklahoma needs to get over themselves. They had a chance to win and they didn't. How many ISU games have we been robbed of because of terrible calls.

Hilton-Bring on the Magic

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Ok....picture this scenario....

OU runs the table. Hopefully not...'cuz that means they beat ISU. Plus, they'd have to beat Texas. But for the sake of this discussion...lets say they do win out.

They've got just the one loss. It's what holds them out of the National Championship game.

Now is it not that big of an issue? I think not.

OU has a right to be very upset. I agree they aught to just let it go...as it is a distraction...but this could really shake things up at the top later this year.

Rookie
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

During the rain delay, John or Eric said that due to a shortage of PAC-10 refs, the crew worked yesterday and would be suspended a different week. They got assigned to Mike Stoops' Arizona Wildcat's game with USC. USC won 20-3.

"If it was easy, someone else would have done it already." ISU Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard

Pro
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

I loved Bobby Knight's comments on this issue earlier in the week, when he talked about how he felt no sympathy at all for OU since his Texas Tech basketball team was on the other end of missed calls in a basketball game with OU a few years ago. Classic Knight!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 629
    Given: 394

You go Bobby.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 883
    Given: 631

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Ok....picture this scenario....

OU runs the table. Hopefully not...'cuz that means they beat ISU. Plus, they'd have to beat Texas. But for the sake of this discussion...lets say they do win out.

They've got just the one loss. It's what holds them out of the National Championship game.

Now is it not that big of an issue? I think not.

OU has a right to be very upset. I agree they aught to just let it go...as it is a distraction...but this could really shake things up at the top later this year.
    If I remember correctly, OU's done some screwing over the last couple of years. The one Bobby (don't call me your daddy) Knight has been whining about the last couple of weeks, and the one where OU lost to KSU in the championship game a couple of years ago and still had the honor of being smoked in the NCAA champ game by "The (P)U."

I think I need to squeeze a tear real quick (sniff). Wow feel better. Must have been the spicy chili I had for dinner.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    If I remember correctly, OU's done some screwing over the last couple of years. The one Bobby (don't call me your daddy) Knight has been whining about the last couple of weeks, and the one where OU lost to KSU in the championship game a couple of years ago and still had the honor of being smoked in the NCAA champ game by "The (P)U."

I think I need to squeeze a tear real quick (sniff). Wow feel better. Must have been the spicy chili I had for dinner.
    Tell me again how any of that is OU's fault?

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Tell me again how any of that is OU's fault?
    I didn't say it was their fault. I'm saying that they've had breaks in the past, they shouldn't always expect all the breaks to go their way, and they need to get over it. Would anyone else in the nation feel for us if we got screwed that badly? Probably not. They'd tell us to get over it. Well, why shouldn't Oklahoma drop it? Because they're Oklahoma? It's over and done with.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggivjc View Post
    I didn't say it was their fault. I'm saying that they've had breaks in the past, they shouldn't always expect all the breaks to go their way, and they need to get over it. Would anyone else in the nation feel for us if we got screwed that badly? Probably not. They'd tell us to get over it. Well, why shouldn't Oklahoma drop it? Because they're Oklahoma? It's over and done with.
    So just because OU has received breaks in the past...they should let this big one go?

You mention ISU...tell me...how many Cyclone fans still to this day bring up the bowl game vs. Alabama (the kick) and the FSU game from 2002 (Seneca's try for a TD).

Quite a few...

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

So just because OU has received breaks in the past...they should let this big one go?

You mention ISU...tell me...how many Cyclone fans still to this day bring up the bowl game vs. Alabama (the kick) and the FSU game from 2002 (Seneca's try for a TD).

Quite a few...
    Yeah from time to time, it still comes to mind. But who outside Ames gives two craps about how we got screwed both times? No one. They mentioned it that evening on SportsCenter and then the rest of the nation said, "wow, they got screwed," and then forgot about it. us isu fans knew no one else would care about it, so we dropped it. is it too much to ask for stoops and the oklahoma to show a little bit of testicular fortitude and act like the men they supposedly are and quit whining like pre-pubescent teenagers?

besides, you forgot the biggest screwjob of them all - the 2000 NCAA Tournament, where first we, being the hottest team in America, got put in the same bracket as Michigan St., then were victimized and lost the lead and later the Midwest regional final game and most likely the NATIONAL TITLE against Michigan St due to some very biased officiating. How do we know it was biased officiating? Mr. Dick Vitale owns two very high horses. The main one being Duke, the other one being Michigan St. He came off his Michigan St. high horse and verbally said the officials screwed us over. How long did it take for us and the media to forget about that? Well, it wasn't mentioned when Michigan St. was celebrating their national championship. Within a week everyone on campus stopped talking about. And if I hadn't actually seen Michigan State's trophy on display in Orlando with my very eyes that summer, who knows how much I would have actually thought about our mythical national championship between then and now.

I admit it. Oklahoma got screwed. My heart bleeds. Sniff. Now they should get over it. They're interfering with "Fire Mac" chant.

Chuck Lidell: I paint my toenails with pink and black polish. Problem is, I get more paint on my toes and on the carpet than on my nails. Any advice?
    Maria Sharapova: Don't you beat up other guys for a living? I don't know how to answer this.