Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 0

Re: Bubu Appeal Denied by Regents

Quote Originally Posted by ruxCYtable View Post
    So because he's on the basketball team he can't do what every other college kid does (and probably you did) and try to get laid?
    If you knew who he was hanging out with that night or the victim it wasn't "just another night as a college student"

It could've been avoided. As a basketball player you should be more aware of who you hang out with...yes you could argue that it could've happened anyway. But the probability of something like that happening exponentially rose when he decided to hang out with an old buddy (scum of Ames).

Choose your friends wisely. All I'm saying.

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,013
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 288

Quote Originally Posted by mattyice View Post
    Spot....on.

im fully aware those defending bubu are doing so solely for the potential usage of his basketball talent. Forgive me if I doubt your sincere concern for his well being off the court, if he was just a student.

clearly SOMETHING bad happened that night otherwise he wouldn't be in this mess.

i don't like the message it sends...but more than anything I'd rather develop freshman for the programs future rather than keep bubu for 2 months.

Arguing he should stay for depth? Smh....integrity is a heckuva thing.
    Keep reading.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 97
    Given: 66

This thread is still open with the same arguments being made?
    People on both sides of the argument. Let it go.... Let it drift into a space of nothing, forever absent of heart and mind. Just code in an obsolete reality with........ Okay, been listening to too much Joe Rogan podcasts....

Anyway, give it up. No one on either side will budge so just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by AltHawk View Post
    Why would it? One bad game doesn't change a thing. Iowa will still be a darkhorse B1G championship contender, and Iowa State will be lucky to make the NIT.

If you ask the basketball analysts outside the state of Iowa I think you would be surprised to hear their responses. Iowa was pegged as a preseason top 5 team by one ESPN analyst and is ranked in the vast, vast majority of preseason top 25 polls

All-Star
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44
    Given: 130

Even if Fred decides not to play Bubu, it's still great for him to be back on the team with his friends. Practicing and sitting on the bench with the team, and being a part of the program is a heck of a lot better way to go out.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 115

Quote Originally Posted by mikem View Post
    jwr, or whatever he calls himself now, on hawkeye report. All of the darwinian rejects from hn.

Other than that? Really nobody
    exactly

All-Star
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 703
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 33

Quote Originally Posted by Dryburn View Post
    And another silly post.

Yes, some are looking at the basketball aspect of this. Personally, I'm not. None of us know if he will be a good addition to the team, have no effect, or be a negative factor. I'm sure CFH is weighing all of that too in making whatever decision he makes.

You laughingly talk about integrity, but at the same time, you would be perfectly okay with punishing a student-athlete even though no criminal charges of any sort were ever proven against him, and when his matter gets to an actual legal court, rather than just the opinion of one man and his rubber-stamp board, the court rules in his favor. Yet, you would still like him punished. Yeah...that's integrity. That's just sad.

Your reading comprehension is "silly".

I couldn't possibly care less about bubu palo. That in no way means I think he should be jailed or not given a fair trial. It does however mean...good player or not....IMO he shouldn't be allowed on the team. You don't tussle for two years with all of this without there being SOME merit to the allegations. If you chose to think its all a lie and precious bubu couldn't have done anything....that's your choice, your naievity.

Im of the opinion something bad happened, he got off because she wsnt credible (altering the shirt didn't help her) but that's not the same as her lying. Not prosecuting is not the same as innocent.

in the end....I don't care about bubu, I don't care about his problems off the court.....IMO we are better served image wise and on the court without him for the remaining two months.

Pro
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,093
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4

If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit.

Legend
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 177
    Given: 65

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    My beef with Bubu is simple. He has managed to drag this thing out long enough that he has potentially tarnished the reputation of Iowa State, created a distraction for the university administration, the athletic department administration, the basketball program, and for what? The DA dropped the case because of tampered evidence... NOT BECAUSE BUBU WAS CLEARED OF ANY GUILT!! That is what is constantly lost in this entire fiasco. The charges were dropped because the DA obviously felt that due to the actions of the alleged victim there was no way the case could be prosecuted successfully. In no way, shape, or form is that a decision that vindicates Bubu and clears him of any wrongdoing. He could be guilty as sin but the DA simply can't take the case to trial because the alleged victim ruined her credibility. We will never know what really happened.
    In this Country, it is not necessary to ever clear someone of guilt, because you are always innocent until a court of law proves otherwise.

None the less, arguing that is ridiculous as Bubu has played in 17 college games since this "alleged" incident took place.

While I agree this whole thing doesn't necessary look good for Iowa State, that's not on Bubu, IMO. Bubu is exercising what he has the right to do, and from the looks of it, President Leath made a bad decision and deserves most, if not all, the blame on this one.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 138
    Given: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonestate78 View Post
    My beef with Bubu is simple. He has managed to drag this thing out long enough that he has potentially tarnished the reputation of Iowa State, created a distraction for the university administration, the athletic department administration, the basketball program, and for what?
    Its not him that has dragged this out. Leath dragged this out for months, had he not maybe Bubu makes the transfer instead (if the ruling had been issued before the deadline) and this issue is gone. Then the BoR issues what the court sees as a rubber stamp ruling, but takes months to do so.

The DA dropped the case because of tampered evidence... NOT BECAUSE BUBU WAS CLEARED OF ANY GUILT!! That is what is constantly lost in this entire fiasco. The charges were dropped because the DA obviously felt that due to the actions of the alleged victim there was no way the case could be prosecuted successfully. In no way, shape, or form is that a decision that vindicates Bubu and clears him of any wrongdoing. He could be guilty as sin but the DA simply can't take the case to trial because the alleged victim ruined her credibility. We will never know what really happened.
    So are players guilty until proven innocent now? Its a he-said she-said case and her credibility is shot because she tampered with evidence.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

I couldn't possibly care less about bubu palo. That in no way means I think he should be jailed or not given a fair trial. It does however mean...good player or not....IMO he shouldn't be allowed on the team. You don't tussle for two years with all of this without there being SOME merit to the allegations. If you chose to think its all a lie and precious bubu couldn't have done anything....that's your choice, your naievity.

Im of the opinion something bad happened, he got off because she wsnt credible (altering the shirt didn't help her) but that's not the same as her lying. Not prosecuting is not the same as innocent.

in the end....I don't care about bubu, I don't care about his problems off the court.....IMO we are better served image wise and on the court without him for the remaining two months.
    I don't know what happened in Bubu's situation, but its possible he was falsely accused of sexual assault. If you were falsely accused of sexual assault and fired from you job, how would you feel?

Pro
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 891
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 124
    Given: 32

Obviously we are dealing with different sorts of crimes, but I'd say these examples show that the bolded portion of what you said is false.

The Innocence Project - The Innocent and the Death Penalty

Last edited by Luth4Cy; 01-16-2014 at 01:00 PM.

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,013
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 158
    Given: 288

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's why they determined she wasn't credible...because she falsified evidence (lied).

All-Star
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 3

Link to judge's decision. Extremely well-written and, based on my years of experience as an attorney, right on the nose. The people who actually were in the position to listen to the witnesses, question them, and observe their demeanor all concluded the case was without merit.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...lone%20Insider

Last edited by Psiclone; 01-16-2014 at 01:04 PM.
    "Of course the people don't want war ... the people can always be brought to do the bidding of the leaders. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger."
    -- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 89

Again, this is no longer about whether Bubu sexually assaulted a woman in May 2012. In the eyes of the law, he did not. That's done and settled, so can we please move on?

At issue in this lawsuit is whether the university and the Board of Regents acted properly in taking disciplinary action against Bubu.

Addict
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 253

So whenever there is even a possibility that a person is guilty of a crime, they should be punished? Heck, why not just get rid of our entire legal system since you have it all figured out, mattyice?