Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 709
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 143,737, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Southeast
    Posts
    7,404
    Points
    143,737
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 459
    Given: 137

    Bubu Appeal Denied by Regents

    Just announced

    @AlexHalsted BREAKING: The Iowa Board of Regents has denied the appeal for former ISU guard Bubu Palo. #Cyclones
    Leath's decision to remove him from the team stands



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 191,550, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Dryburn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,849
    Points
    191,550
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 4

    Re: Bubu Appeal Denied by Regents

    Not really too surprised.


    -Be kind. That is something you will never regret. You will never say to yourself when you are old "I wish I was not good to that person".

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 396,546, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    58,210
    Points
    396,546
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 449
    Given: 313

    Re: Bubu Appeal Denied by Regents

    Maybe play for EIU next year as a graduate student like Kane? They need in-state pg help.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 209,272, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    10,540
    Points
    209,272
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 398
    Given: 261

    Re: Bubu Appeal Denied by Regents

    Not to rip on the guy when he's down, but from a MBB team standpoint, I think he would have had a hard time fitting into the rotation right now anyway. The way they're playing, who amongst Kane, Thomas, Long, Morris, and even SDW do you look at and say, "yea, I'd play him less minutes in favor of Bubu."



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 116,340, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,253
    Points
    116,340
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 305

    Re: Bubu Appeal Denied by Regents

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    Just announced



    Leath's decision to remove him from the team stands

    What? He can't even sit in the bleachers anymore?



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 116,340, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,253
    Points
    116,340
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 305

    Re: Bubu Appeal Denied by Regents

    Seriously, I don't like the way this was handled by Iowa State and I'm surprised that there hasn't been more scrutiny of the process. For instance, I don't think there is any public knowledge of who was on the judicial affairs committee that made the decision against Bubu (or who filed the initial complaint against him).



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 33,311, Level: 56
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 939
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    kilroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    hills to flat lands
    Posts
    2,311
    Points
    33,311
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 21

    Re: Bubu Appeal Denied by Regents

    I think his defense and maturity would have fit in well when kane and or niang are in foul trouble.


    I'm not trying to be difficult, it comes naturally....

  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 276,850, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    VeloClone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    Posts
    13,193
    Points
    276,850
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 636
    Given: 1,266

    Re: Bubu Appeal Denied by Regents

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Maybe play for EIU next year as a graduate student like Kane? They need in-state pg help.
    He already redshirted so this is his last season of eligibility.


    "There are five real good recruits in the state. We got three of them. One couldn’t get into school, and the other went to (the University of) Iowa...which is about the same thing." - Coach Johnny Orr

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 15,819, Level: 38
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    jkclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    1,014
    Points
    15,819
    Level
    38
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 206

    Re: Bubu Appeal Denied by Regents

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    Seriously, I don't like the way this was handled by Iowa State and I'm surprised that there hasn't been more scrutiny of the process. For instance, I don't think there is any public knowledge of who was on the judicial affairs committee that made the decision against Bubu (or who filed the initial complaint against him).
    completely agree. This whole thing seems like a load of crap. I just don't see how he can be kicked off the team when he wasn't even actually charged with anything. Add that the student thing said he could play it seems like they want to hold him out for some reason.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 116,340, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Cycsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,253
    Points
    116,340
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 375
    Given: 305

    Re: Bubu Appeal Denied by Regents

    Quote Originally Posted by jkclone View Post
    completely agree. This whole thing seems like a load of crap. I just don't see how he can be kicked off the team when he wasn't even actually charged with anything. Add that the student thing said he could play it seems like they want to hold him out for some reason.

    It seems that he was kicked off the team for things that are done by a significant portion of the student body. How many of us even knew that there was a student code and the possibility of being kicked off a team by a judicial affairs committee? Makes me suspicious that someone was out to get him. Not saying he was innocent or that he didn't victimize others, but this looks like a process that could be manipulated. It seemed like it happened before anyone even knew if was going on. Don't reporters usually jump all over this sort of thing (e.g. interviewing jurors whenever they can)?



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 35,432, Level: 57
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,160
    Points
    35,432
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

    Re: Bubu Appeal Denied by Regents

    I hope Bubu Palo goes on to be successful at whatever he does. As far as not being a part of the basketball team, that's that. We have a team that is rolling along and this is no longer a matter of substance.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 396,546, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    58,210
    Points
    396,546
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 449
    Given: 313

    Re: Bubu Appeal Denied by Regents

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    Not to rip on the guy when he's down, but from a MBB team standpoint, I think he would have had a hard time fitting into the rotation right now anyway. The way they're playing, who amongst Kane, Thomas, Long, Morris, and even SDW do you look at and say, "yea, I'd play him less minutes in favor of Bubu."
    ....but...but...the new Bubu averaged a triple double in CCL and set records.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 37,119, Level: 59
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 731
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CapnCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,341
    Points
    37,119
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 165
    Given: 118

    Re: Bubu Appeal Denied by Regents

    Quote Originally Posted by Cycsk View Post
    It seems that he was kicked off the team for things that are done by a significant portion of the student body. How many of us even knew that there was a student code and the possibility of being kicked off a team by a judicial affairs committee? Makes me suspicious that someone was out to get him. Not saying he was innocent or that he didn't victimize others, but this looks like a process that could be manipulated. It seemed like it happened before anyone even knew if was going on. Don't reporters usually jump all over this sort of thing (e.g. interviewing jurors whenever they can)?
    I hope most students don't do actions of a sexual nature that escalate to police involvement?

    As for student code, that is a weak argument. For a general student not on a team, they should generally know their rights and responsibilities. In fact, I believe all students take a "training" prior to starting over the summer about sexual misconduct. As for student athletes, they are told in MANY differently ways what the expectations are of them to be in good standing.



  14. #14
    All-Star
    Points: 98,884, Level: 97
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    MartyFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Warren Co., IA
    Posts
    1,474
    Points
    98,884
    Level
    97
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 71
    Given: 10

    Re: Bubu Appeal Denied by Regents

    There is most likely no way he can be part of this team from a practical standpoint, but I hope he continues to pursue this if for no other reason than to clear his name and shed light on this process...



  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 75,985, Level: 85
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 565
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Heath, TX
    Posts
    3,003
    Points
    75,985
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 155

    Re: Bubu Appeal Denied by Regents

    I just hate the way this whole thing was handled. ISU f'd this one up badly.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. Kansas State
  • September 6, 2014
  • 11:00 AM