Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 49

Re: Morgantown, WV

Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    Unless you live in a coastal or mountain state this could potentially be said about any state. But having lived in several of each I'd take Iowa any day! It might truly be that "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone", but I miss Iowa. And when you look at our conference mates Iowa is much better than OK, KS, WV, and especially this god-forsaken failed-nation, treeless hayfield called Texas!
    Excellent post.

As far as depth goes though, the combination of White, Woodbury, Olaseni, Basabe, and Uthoff is much better than Niang, Ejim, Edozie, Gibson. Not because of the top 2, but because of the next 2 or 3. -DeanVogs

Walk On
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Sadly, it looks like those of you who made the trip are going to get less than Morgantown's best effort when it comes to tailgating. I guess the combination of last season, this season, the students out of town, etc have put a damper on support for the team.

Several of you posted earlier that you don't know how it is that you all are able to keep filling the stadium and keep your support for the team so high given the poor seasons. I wish I knew how you do it too. I and several others posted in a thread on our boards about an ISU fan who was psyched up about making the RV trip. Several debbie downers asked what he was so excited about given the teams records. Several of us pointed out that that was what true fans do...they support the team in the good times and the bad. Seems as though we have a lot we could learn from you all about being a fan. Kudos to you all.

Pro
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by MntneerLegion View Post
    Sadly, it looks like those of you who made the trip are going to get less than Morgantown's best effort when it comes to tailgating. I guess the combination of last season, this season, the students out of town, etc have put a damper on support for the team.

Several of you posted earlier that you don't know how it is that you all are able to keep filling the stadium and keep your support for the team so high given the poor seasons. I wish I knew how you do it too. I and several others posted in a thread on our boards about an ISU fan who was psyched up about making the RV trip. Several debbie downers asked what he was so excited about given the teams records. Several of us pointed out that that was what true fans do...they support the team in the good times and the bad. Seems as though we have a lot we could learn from you all about being a fan. Kudos to you all.
    Talking about how great our fans are is literally the best way to become loved on CF. Congratulations.

Keepers of the Faith -- Member

Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Pro
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 92

It's a great way to see the country and meet people from around the country. Everyone I have met so far in Morgantown has been great.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 47

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneNorth View Post
    There is nothing I would rather do on a Saturday then spend 6 hours grilling and getting drunk before going into a stadium surrounded by 55,000 Cyclones and cheering on ISU. Winning is nice, but it is far from the only thing.
    This is true. Our tailgating atmosphere is what drives our large attendance. Even more amazing is this season's tailgating sucked. I think we had one good tailgating day thanks to the weather and schedule:

Hottest kickoff in ISU history for UNI
    Great tailgating day for iowa
    Thursday game for Texas
    11am kickoffs for OSU and TCU
    Coldest game ever for Kansas.

We made the best of what we had, tailgating all day for both the extreme temperatures and tailgating at 5am for the 11am games, but i'm looking forward to next year's better schedule.

Legend
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 282

Unless you live in a coastal or mountain state this could potentially be said about any state. But having lived in several of each I'd take Iowa any day! It might truly be that "you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone", but I miss Iowa. And when you look at our conference mates Iowa is much better than OK, KS, WV, and especially this god-forsaken failed-nation, treeless hayfield called Texas!
    Yeah, and there's no pro team as well, but regardless, I agree that Iowa is a great place.

Addict
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 32

'80's hair band Cinderella approves of this post^^^^

Walk On
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneNorth View Post
    Talking about how great our fans are is literally the best way to become loved on CF. Congratulations.
    Not sucking up. Fact is our fans have gotten a little spoiled over the last 10 years. Perhaps it's new fair weather fans because of the success...but many do not remember our tough times. You all are in tough times and still bring the support....as I said kudos.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 599
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 4

Years of practice of my friend

Addict
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169
    Given: 32

Wait...is there a bustrip being planned to go to Vegas and see Rashad play?!?!?!?!

Rookie
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 5

People have been great. Reminds me of a home game. Great people.

Pro
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 92

Quote Originally Posted by dtlantz View Post
    People have been great. Reminds me of a home game. Great people.
    Yes, after the game I walked over to The Varsity and was the only ISU fan there. I was invited to a table of WVU fans in less than 1 minute.

They say country music speaks to the heart. Unfortunately, it has to go through your ears to get there.