Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 93,933, Level: 95
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 1,117
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    mtowncyclone13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,797
    Points
    93,933
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 353
    Given: 257

    ISU Hawaii Christmas

    Is anyone thinking about going to the tourney over Christmas. We are (no kids!) but don't want to be the only non-parents there.


    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    mtown is among the worst to ever play this game.


  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 100,881, Level: 98
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    cmjh10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    6,890
    Points
    100,881
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,166
    Given: 1,768

    Re: ISU Hawaii Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by mtowncyclone13 View Post
    Is anyone thinking about going to the tourney over Christmas. We are (no kids!) but don't want to be the only non-parents there.
    If you pay for me, I will tag along...


    Naz Long, the Cowboy Killer

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 860,415, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,364
    Points
    860,415
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,485
    Given: 1,266

    Re: ISU Hawaii Christmas

    Just priced out the flight. I don't make enough blood to sell for this to work, and I need my limbs and valuable organs.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 163,728, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,584
    Points
    163,728
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 270
    Given: 412

    Re: ISU Hawaii Christmas

    Been to Hawaii once. Loved it, but will never go back again because of the price, from now on, all-inclusives to Cancun for me.


    Ill put any dollar that if I get this ball again, Long said, Its going in.
    - Naz Long to Markel Brown before hitting the game tying shot.

  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 31,978, Level: 55
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,072
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    EYEoftheSTORM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    2,345
    Points
    31,978
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 9

    Re: ISU Hawaii Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Just priced out the flight. I don't make enough blood to sell for this to work, and I need my limbs and valuable organs.
    I hear semen donation can bring some big bucks...




    I WAS THERE!!!!!!

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 93,933, Level: 95
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 1,117
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    mtowncyclone13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,797
    Points
    93,933
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 353
    Given: 257

    Re: ISU Hawaii Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by peteypie View Post
    Been to Hawaii once. Loved it, but will never go back again because of the price, from now on, all-inclusives to Cancun for me.
    i like hawaii because it's safe, in the USA, and beautiful. but pricey.


    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    mtown is among the worst to ever play this game.


  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 646,650, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,800
    Points
    646,650
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,455
    Given: 136

    Re: ISU Hawaii Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by EYEoftheSTORM View Post
    I hear semen donation can bring some big bucks...
    More than one law has been passed to specifically stop CycloneErik from ever donating.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 92,943, Level: 94
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Frak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dow City, IA
    Posts
    5,616
    Points
    92,943
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 35

    Re: ISU Hawaii Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by peteypie View Post
    Been to Hawaii once. Loved it, but will never go back again because of the price, from now on, all-inclusives to Cancun for me.
    Does anyone even go to Cancun any more??



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 93,933, Level: 95
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 1,117
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    mtowncyclone13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,797
    Points
    93,933
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 353
    Given: 257

    Re: ISU Hawaii Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    Does anyone even go to Cancun any more??


    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    mtown is among the worst to ever play this game.


  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 163,728, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,584
    Points
    163,728
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 270
    Given: 412

    Re: ISU Hawaii Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by mtowncyclone13 View Post
    i like hawaii because it's safe, in the USA, and beautiful. but pricey.
    Not to get this thread off subject, but Cancun is also safe, and beautiful, less pricey, but not in the USA. So pretty equal and much easier on the pocket. The unsafe thing is blown way out of proportion if you stay in the touristy areas. They would not want to harm their cash cow.


    Ill put any dollar that if I get this ball again, Long said, Its going in.
    - Naz Long to Markel Brown before hitting the game tying shot.

  11. #11
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 61,010, Level: 76
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 640
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    BallSoHard4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    4,891
    Points
    61,010
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Given: 121

    Re: ISU Hawaii Christmas

    I've heard Rob Ford visits Cancun


    Keepers of the Faith -- htiaF eht fo srepeeK

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 322,438, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    8,324
    Points
    322,438
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,372
    Given: 338

    Re: ISU Hawaii Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by 3TrueFans View Post
    More than one law has been passed to specifically stop CycloneErik from ever donating.
    Everyone please note the 9 minutes that have passed without Revkah making her protestations of this post^^^^^



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 93,933, Level: 95
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 1,117
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    mtowncyclone13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,797
    Points
    93,933
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 353
    Given: 257

    Re: ISU Hawaii Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by peteypie View Post
    Not to get this thread off subject, but Cancun is also safe, and beautiful, less pricey, but not in the USA. So pretty equal and much easier on the pocket. The unsafe thing is blown way out of proportion if you stay in the touristy areas. They would not want to harm their cash cow.
    i know. but i prefer a legal system that i trust should i be detained for any reason. i've been to mexico without problems but my sister has jewelery stolen from her hotel room in cancun, a friend was detained for drunk driving while he was sober in puerta vallarta, and there was a double homicide at the hotel my aunt was staying at (forget the city).

    those are clearly anecdotal but the little things tend to add up. To compare, I've been to Hawaii 4 times and never had a single issue. Again, I understand 99% of tourists have a good time but if you can afford it why risk it?

    edit - flights too expensive. nevermind


    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    mtown is among the worst to ever play this game.


  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 860,415, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,364
    Points
    860,415
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,485
    Given: 1,266

    Re: ISU Hawaii Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Everyone please note the 9 minutes that have passed without Revkah making her protestations of this post^^^^^
    She's sleeping here on the couch. No help on the way for me.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 163,728, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    peteypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,584
    Points
    163,728
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 270
    Given: 412

    Re: ISU Hawaii Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by mtowncyclone13 View Post
    i know. but i prefer a legal system that i trust should i be detained for any reason. i've been to mexico without problems but my sister has jewelery stolen from her hotel room in cancun, a friend was detained for drunk driving while he was sober in puerta vallarta, and there was a double homicide at the hotel my aunt was staying at (forget the city).

    those are clearly anecdotal but the little things tend to add up. To compare, I've been to Hawaii 4 times and never had a single issue. Again, I understand 99% of tourists have a good time but if you can afford it why risk it?

    edit - flights too expensive. nevermind
    Understood if you have personal experiences or close ones with bad personal experiences, I can see why you would think this. To me, I LOVED Hawaii, and suggest that everyone go once. But at the same time I love the all inclusive aspect of Cancun and have never had any issues there. I will continue to go back there, because once you have seen all the sights at Hawaii, there is not much difference between the two(a warm beach is a warm beach to me) except for price.


    Ill put any dollar that if I get this ball again, Long said, Its going in.
    - Naz Long to Markel Brown before hitting the game tying shot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM