Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 98
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 51,124, Level: 69
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isubeatle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,354
    Points
    51,124
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 105

    Lazard on Channel 13 tonight

    Anyone know if there's supposed to be any surprises?

    John Sears@johnsears3h
    Big thanks to @AllenLazard for sitting down w/me 2 talk about his future. Cyclone fans you'll want to tune in to WHO Ch. 13 at 10.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 176,510, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Stewo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    7,646
    Points
    176,510
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 652
    Given: 165

    Re: Lazard on Channel 13 tonight

    It's supposed to make Cyclone fans feel better. Can't say that I'm really concerned anyway.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 70,949, Level: 82
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    5,593
    Points
    70,949
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 219
    Given: 211

    Re: Lazard on Channel 13 tonight

    Isn't this a sweeps week for ratings as well?



  4. #4
    Speechless
    Points: 295,389, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    17,158
    Points
    295,389
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,309
    Given: 454

    Re: Lazard on Channel 13 tonight

    Murph and Andy talked about it today. Murph said nothing surprised him, still expects him to go to ISU. The one thing I did hear was that Lazard still calls the ND staff about once a week.



  5. #5
    All-Star
    Points: 51,124, Level: 69
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isubeatle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    1,354
    Points
    51,124
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 105

    Re: Lazard on Channel 13 tonight

    gotcha. I figured it was something along these lines.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 125,927, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    mtowncyclone13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9,900
    Points
    125,927
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,998
    Given: 1,470

    Re: Lazard on Channel 13 tonight

    When I gave my wife an engagement ring I still called up my ex from HS just to make sure she didn't get any hotter or richer.


    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    mtown is among the worst to ever play this game.

  7. #7
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 46,166, Level: 66
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 784
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    GoSTATE71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,685
    Points
    46,166
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 9

    Re: Lazard on Channel 13 tonight

    Lazard switches his commitment from Iowa State to Notre Dame because I mean, why not get one more good nut kick going into the off season...

    I also heard he calls Notre Dame weekly, not really sure why if he is 100% all in on Iowa State. I doubt he switches but he is also a 18 year old kid who had to watch a dumpster fire of an offense in Ames this year and he has to do whats best for his future and I really think him coming to Ames isn't it if he wants to be in the NFL.

    Sorry to be a debbie downer, but if I'm a 5 star recruit at WR I wouldn't wanna play for Messingham, let alone play with a QB who can't throw a ball accurately more than 8 yards. Like I said, I doubt he switches but wouldn't be completely shocked either.



  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 26,047, Level: 49
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 503
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    691
    Points
    26,047
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 209
    Given: 296

    Re: Lazard on Channel 13 tonight

    Lazard was at the ISU/Mich game talking to Vaughn, McKay and Custer for quite a while before the game started. I imagine he was recruiting them to go to ND too. Get some confidence.

    I would be just fine never hearing one more comment about our "dumpster fire" of a season or how this team "sucks" or whatever other negative crap I have to read every time I get on this site.

    I get it at the beginning of the year, UNI especially. There was outrage. Now, just f'ing stop. We know it's a bad year. We get it. Do you think if you talk about how rough of a year it has been enough it will all of a sudden be better? Well, news flash. It won't. All we can do is be on board, for better or worse and be excited we have some young talent and exciting recruits.

    Lazard will be at ISU because it's where he wants to be. I find it pathetic that some of you can't find any reason why a good player would want to come here. Go cheer for another team please if that is how you support your school.



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 117,098, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Gunnerclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Beaverdale hood
    Posts
    8,048
    Points
    117,098
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,873
    Given: 1,537

    Re: Lazard on Channel 13 tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    Lazard switches his commitment from Iowa State to Notre Dame because I mean, why not get one more good nut kick going into the off season...

    I also heard he calls Notre Dame weekly, not really sure why if he is 100% all in on Iowa State. I doubt he switches but he is also a 18 year old kid who had to watch a dumpster fire of an offense in Ames this year and he has to do whats best for his future and I really think him coming to Ames isn't it if he wants to be in the NFL.

    Sorry to be a debbie downer, but if I'm a 5 star recruit at WR I wouldn't wanna play for Messingham, let alone play with a QB who can't throw a ball accurately more than 8 yards. Like I said, I doubt he switches but wouldn't be completely shocked either.
    What if you're a 4 star?


    Rhoads out!

  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 132,951, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    8,182
    Points
    132,951
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 257
    Given: 141

    Re: Lazard on Channel 13 tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by oldwiseman View Post
    Lazard was at the ISU/Mich game talking to Vaughn, McKay and Custer for quite a while before the game started. I imagine he was recruiting them to go to ND too. Get some confidence.

    I would be just fine never hearing one more comment about our "dumpster fire" of a season or how this team "sucks" or whatever other negative crap I have to read every time I get on this site.

    I get it at the beginning of the year, UNI especially. There was outrage. Now, just f'ing stop. We know it's a bad year. We get it. Do you think if you talk about how rough of a year it has been enough it will all of a sudden be better? Well, news flash. It won't. All we can do is be on board, for better or worse and be excited we have some young talent and exciting recruits.

    Lazard will be at ISU because it's where he wants to be. I find it pathetic that some of you can't find any reason why a good player would want to come here. Go cheer for another team please if that is how you support your school.
    Ya I have been in full meltdown mode, but its time to move on and realize all but 4 starters will be back next season and thats on both sides of the ball.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 23,077, Level: 46
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 473
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,447
    Points
    23,077
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 90
    Given: 65

    Re: Lazard on Channel 13 tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnerclone View Post
    What if you're a 4 star?
    LMAO! You beat me to it!

    Shoot if you can't laugh anymore it's time to move on, life is too short!



  12. #12
    Walk On
    Points: 6,857, Level: 24
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Urbandale IA
    Posts
    199
    Points
    6,857
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 129

    Re: Lazard on Channel 13 tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    Ya I have been in full meltdown mode, but its time to move on and realize all but 4 starters will be back next season and thats on both sides of the ball.
    Is this the good news or the bad news?



  13. #13
    Legend
    Points: 183,285, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Rhoadhoused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    10,688
    Points
    183,285
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,284
    Given: 680

    Re: Lazard on Channel 13 tonight

    Lazard is keeping in touch with other schools in case Rhoads is not coach at ISU. That's it. And Rhoads isn't going anywhere so no worries.



  14. #14
    Starter
    Points: 12,521, Level: 33
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    704
    Points
    12,521
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13
    Given: 7

    Re: Lazard on Channel 13 tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhoadhoused View Post
    Lazard is keeping in touch with other schools in case Rhoads is not coach at ISU. That's it. And Rhoads isn't going anywhere so no worries.
    So....is this a good thing or a bad thing? :)



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 132,142, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cyclonesince78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,896
    Points
    132,142
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,212
    Given: 3,893

    Re: Lazard on Channel 13 tonight

    "So Allen, if a meteor drops on the city of Ames, will you still be committed there?"


    "I really believe in trashing your enemies and really being loyal to your friends" - Donald Trump.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM