Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 21,078, Level: 44
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Cyinthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    North Iowa
    Posts
    1,499
    Points
    21,078
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 76

    Not knowing the problem is the problem

    It could be one of 1,000 different things. I'm tired of speculating which one it is, whether it be the QB position, the O-Line, the O-Coordinator, Wally forgetting how to coach the defense, lack of QB coach, CPR being ineffective as a coach, WR's dropping passes, injuries, inexperience, am I forgetting anything?

    I'm tired of the negative talk and speculation. It doesn't really make any of us feel better at the end of the day (I hope I"m not just speaking for myself) and it clearly as hell won't solve any of the problems plaguing the program. Let's just see how CPR handles the rest of the season. 2 winnable games coming up, and if they get both then hey, 3-9 isn't a whole lot worse than what we expected. Sure the blowout losses suck, but at this point there is nothing that can be done about them, except for CPR and staff working to prevent them from happening v.s. KU and WVU.

    This ship has hit rock bottom. Even a loss to KU wouldn't sting (now that they've beaten a different Big 12 team) too terribly. Let's just hope for 2 wins and look ahead to next year. I'm tired of ragging on this team. The problems are too many to blame just one, and everyone on this site knows it. The best thing to do, as fans, is to stop addressing it. See how everything plays out the next week and half and throughout the offseason. No more sense in beating a dead horse. Rant over.



  2. #2
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 96,922, Level: 96
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Incyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,345
    Points
    96,922
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 588
    Given: 78

    Re: Not knowing the problem is the problem

    Your avatar is the problem. I cringe every time I see it. Worst. . . . logo. . . . ever.


    “Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals. They are complementary.”

    Martin Luther King Jr.

  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 74,393, Level: 84
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    GrindingAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,025
    Points
    74,393
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 221
    Given: 12

    Re: Not knowing the problem is the problem

    Whatever the problem is I doubt another thread that starts with a long rant is the solution.



  4. #4
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 641,796, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    25,464
    Points
    641,796
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,112
    Given: 389

    Re: Not knowing the problem is the problem

    Not knowing that you don't know the problem is another problem. See, the problem with not knowing that you don't know the problem, is that nobody knows the problem they don't know, you know?


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 71,053, Level: 82
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ZJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Snottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    3,769
    Points
    71,053
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 304
    Given: 139

    Re: Not knowing the problem is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyinthenorth View Post
    It could be one of 1,000 different things. I'm tired of speculating which one it is, whether it be the QB position, the O-Line, the O-Coordinator, Wally forgetting how to coach the defense, lack of QB coach, CPR being ineffective as a coach, WR's dropping passes, injuries, inexperience, am I forgetting anything?

    I'm tired of the negative talk and speculation. It doesn't really make any of us feel better at the end of the day (I hope I"m not just speaking for myself) and it clearly as hell won't solve any of the problems plaguing the program. Let's just see how CPR handles the rest of the season. 2 winnable games coming up, and if they get both then hey, 3-9 isn't a whole lot worse than what we expected. Sure the blowout losses suck, but at this point there is nothing that can be done about them, except for CPR and staff working to prevent them from happening v.s. KU and WVU.

    This ship has hit rock bottom. Even a loss to KU wouldn't sting (now that they've beaten a different Big 12 team) too terribly. Let's just hope for 2 wins and look ahead to next year. I'm tired of ragging on this team. The problems are too many to blame just one, and everyone on this site knows it. The best thing to do, as fans, is to stop addressing it. See how everything plays out the next week and half and throughout the offseason. No more sense in beating a dead horse. Rant over.



  6. #6
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 641,796, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    25,464
    Points
    641,796
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,112
    Given: 389

    Re: Not knowing the problem is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by ZJohnson View Post

    The problem with you is that you don't seem to know if you have a problem with not knowing problems. Here's a simple mantra that I follow.

    Problems - Know them.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Points: 19,793, Level: 42
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    462
    Points
    19,793
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 80
    Given: 246

    Re: Not knowing the problem is the problem

    It's not my job to know what the problem is nor would I have the ability change the situation even if I knew the answers. I am also more than willing to give Rhoads a pass this season. He's a wonderful part of Iowa State. An unmatched cheerleader. However that said, I will be the first to call for a change if we go 1-11 or 3-9 next year too. I am not ready to start accepting 6-6 as the best we can do.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 92,504, Level: 94
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 646
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Gnomeborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,448
    Points
    92,504
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 447
    Given: 93

    Re: Not knowing the problem is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyinthenorth View Post
    It could be one of 1,000 different things. I'm tired of speculating which one it is, whether it be the QB position, the O-Line, the O-Coordinator, Wally forgetting how to coach the defense, lack of QB coach, CPR being ineffective as a coach, WR's dropping passes, injuries, inexperience, am I forgetting anything?

    I'm tired of the negative talk and speculation. It doesn't really make any of us feel better at the end of the day (I hope I"m not just speaking for myself) and it clearly as hell won't solve any of the problems plaguing the program. Let's just see how CPR handles the rest of the season. 2 winnable games coming up, and if they get both then hey, 3-9 isn't a whole lot worse than what we expected. Sure the blowout losses suck, but at this point there is nothing that can be done about them, except for CPR and staff working to prevent them from happening v.s. KU and WVU.

    This ship has hit rock bottom. Even a loss to KU wouldn't sting (now that they've beaten a different Big 12 team) too terribly. Let's just hope for 2 wins and look ahead to next year. I'm tired of ragging on this team. The problems are too many to blame just one, and everyone on this site knows it. The best thing to do, as fans, is to stop addressing it. See how everything plays out the next week and half and throughout the offseason. No more sense in beating a dead horse. Rant over.
    Then why start another thread to do just that?



    "It was like going on vacation to go play Iowa." - Coach Johnny Orr

  9. #9
    All-Star
    Points: 21,078, Level: 44
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Cyinthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    North Iowa
    Posts
    1,499
    Points
    21,078
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 76

    Re: Not knowing the problem is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomeborg View Post
    Then why start another thread to do just that?
    To get you Nancy's to shut up and forget this awful season. No reason to continue speculating. Like I said, there are 1,000 things wrong with the program, but nobody can answer the question which gets fixed first? More than likely it is not a quick simple fix such as fattening up the offensive line, or firing Messingham, or recruiting better like many seem to think. Why continue worrying about it? My plan is to go into next year with ZERO expectations and just sit back and watch things unfold as they will. Much like 2004 following a disastrous 2003, when we nearly won the Big 12 North.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 673,858, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    27,574
    Points
    673,858
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,100
    Given: 563

    Re: Not knowing the problem is the problem

    I'm pretty sure this thread is to blame for our poor season.




    Eyes closed, head first, can't lose.

  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 61,740, Level: 77
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,510
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    5,172
    Points
    61,740
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 943
    Given: 511

    Re: Not knowing the problem is the problem

    I would actually argue I know the problem but I don't know if Rhoads knows the problem and that's the problem.



  12. #12
    Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Points: 641,796, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Mr Janny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    25,464
    Points
    641,796
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,112
    Given: 389

    Re: Not knowing the problem is the problem

    Paging Shawn Carter. Paging Shawn Corey Carter. Your services are needed.


    "What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

    "Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

    "Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

  13. #13
    square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Points: 537,954, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Angie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    18,948
    Points
    537,954
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,657
    Given: 7,042

    Re: Not knowing the problem is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    Paging Shawn Carter. Paging Shawn Corey Carter. Your services are needed.
    We've got 99 problems, but not knowing them ain't one.


    M 7/09

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter4Cy View Post
    I got 99 problems but angie isn't one.

  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 37,541, Level: 59
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 309
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    jbindm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    3,966
    Points
    37,541
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 845
    Given: 496

    Re: Not knowing the problem is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyinthenorth View Post
    To get you Nancy's to shut up and forget this awful season. No reason to continue speculating. Like I said, there are 1,000 things wrong with the program, but nobody can answer the question which gets fixed first? More than likely it is not a quick simple fix such as fattening up the offensive line, or firing Messingham, or recruiting better like many seem to think. Why continue worrying about it? My plan is to go into next year with ZERO expectations and just sit back and watch things unfold as they will. Much like 2004 following a disastrous 2003, when we nearly won the Big 12 North.
    So...
    Step 1. Suck egregiously in 2013.
    Step 2. ???
    Step 3. Big 12 champs in 2014.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 673,858, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    3TrueFans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    27,574
    Points
    673,858
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,100
    Given: 563

    Re: Not knowing the problem is the problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    Paging Shawn Carter. Paging Shawn Corey Carter. Your services are needed.
    I'm placing the odds of you actually knowing Jay-Z's middle name at 5%.




    Eyes closed, head first, can't lose.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM