Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23
  1. #16
    All-Star
    Points: 37,013, Level: 59
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 837
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Sigmapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,245
    Points
    37,013
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 283
    Given: 40

    Re: Stokes and Greenfield Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    Sorry, but I do think it is a waste to see such talent sit.

    I'm not banging my chest about they should have come to ISU, and should know that I was one who defended their decisions, but to me, as a WBB fan of the whole sport, not just ISU, I am frustrated that there are some schools that fill their rosters with top flight kids who might never play, but would start somewhere else, and elevate the sport as a whole. WBB needs to have its scholly amount lowered.
    Completely agree with this sentiment. Why they can't get by with the 12 of the men evades me. If anything, modern D-1 basketball (both M and W) use rotations maybe 7-8 deep, and you're always going to need a few extra spots for "developmental" players for practice or depth in case of injuries. So 10-12 is obviously plenty in my eyes for either gender.

    I suppose the "net 3" from basketball in Title IX terms helps "balance" from football, though.



  2. #17
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 68,528, Level: 81
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first GroupVeteran50000 Experience Points
    mred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    4,999
    Points
    68,528
    Level
    81
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 0

    Re: Stokes and Greenfield Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmapolis View Post
    I suppose the "net 3" from basketball in Title IX terms helps "balance" from football, though.
    That is the entire reason WBB has 3 more scholarships than MBB.



  3. #18
    Addict
    Points: 157,092, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Palmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Johnston, IA
    Posts
    7,923
    Points
    157,092
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 6

    Re: Stokes and Greenfield Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    Sorry, but I do think it is a waste to see such talent sit.

    I'm not banging my chest about they should have come to ISU, and should know that I was one who defended their decisions, but to me, as a WBB fan of the whole sport, not just ISU, I am frustrated that there are some schools that fill their rosters with top flight kids who might never play, but would start somewhere else, and elevate the sport as a whole. WBB needs to have its scholly amount lowered.
    Agree...


    Carrying the banner for ISU.


  4. #19
    Walk On
    Points: 5,822, Level: 22
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 228
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sioux Falls
    Posts
    187
    Points
    5,822
    Level
    22
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 5

    Re: Stokes and Greenfield Tonight

    When TG was a sophomore in HS, I heard from a reputable source that she was 90% going to ISU. Then it dropped to 50/50 a year later. I am sure the reason for the decline of interest was that she was hearing what it is like in the lockerroom, and a late night phone call sealed the decision.



  5. #20
    Starter
    Points: 11,983, Level: 33
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 667
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    710
    Points
    11,983
    Level
    33
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 24

    Re: Stokes and Greenfield Tonight

    Late night phone call?



  6. #21
    Pro
    Points: 60,501, Level: 76
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,149
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acoustimac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lamoni, IA
    Posts
    2,424
    Points
    60,501
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 167

    Re: Stokes and Greenfield Tonight

    Let's not even get into the guessing game of what happened a few years ago. It was hashed to death on this board and there were few if any here that had any real/accurate insight to what was happening.



  7. #22
    All-Star
    Points: 20,996, Level: 44
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 654
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Posts
    1,922
    Points
    20,996
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 22

    Re: Stokes and Greenfield Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by EHdakota View Post
    When TG was a sophomore in HS, I heard from a reputable source that she was 90% going to ISU. Then it dropped to 50/50 a year later. I am sure the reason for the decline of interest was that she was hearing what it is like in the lockerroom, and a late night phone call sealed the decision.
    Maybe late night phone call from Tara, since Stanford is two hours behind Iowa.



  8. #23
    All-Star
    Points: 20,996, Level: 44
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 654
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Posts
    1,922
    Points
    20,996
    Level
    44
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 22

    Re: Stokes and Greenfield Tonight

    As I've pointed out before, Kelsey Bolte, Alison Lacy, Chelsea Poppens, and now Hallie seemed to do pretty well staying in-state.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • Iowa State @ Texas Tech
  • January 24, 2015
  • 03:00 PM