Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 341
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,824, Level: 69
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,326
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    GoSTATE71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,680
    Points
    49,824
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 6

    Rhoads is a man with no pressure

    His press conference today is straight ticking me off.

    "Paul, what do you want Iowa State fans to take away from this season?"

    "Iowa State fans are intelligent, they know we are young and we are injured, I hope the fans have enjoyed the competitiveness and compassion of our football team and have seen improvement that will catapult us into 2014."

    Seriously CPR? You just got 40k+ fans buying season tickets and as "intelligent" as we are about football, we dont want to use excuses for being a laughing stock. I see no improvement and if thats the attitude you want me to have then dont expect me to buy tickets next year.

    Watch the press conference today maybe I'm overreacting and just frustrated but he walks in so casually and says the same thing each week. "So excited about this prep this week and cant wait to see the results Saturday." SHUT UP you have gotten spanked each week as coaches and your plans have failed miserably. If you are so excited and passionate then show it with your work not your dumb coach speak.



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 135,573, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    10,284
    Points
    135,573
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 278

    Re: Rhoads is a man with no pressure

    Yeah, I was a bit taken aback by just tossing out excuses and saying that if were smart fans we'd take it in stride.



  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 38,084, Level: 60
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 966
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    923
    Points
    38,084
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 88

    Re: Rhoads is a man with no pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    His press conference today is straight ticking me off.

    "Paul, what do you want Iowa State fans to take away from this season?"

    "Iowa State fans are intelligent, they know we are young and we are injured, I hope the fans have enjoyed the competitiveness and compassion of our football team and have seen improvement that will catapult us into 2014."

    Seriously CPR? You just got 40k+ fans buying season tickets and as "intelligent" as we are about football, we dont want to use excuses for being a laughing stock. I see no improvement and if thats the attitude you want me to have then dont expect me to buy tickets next year.

    Watch the press conference today maybe I'm overreacting and just frustrated but he walks in so casually and says the same thing each week. "So excited about this prep this week and cant wait to see the results Saturday." SHUT UP you have gotten spanked each week as coaches and your plans have failed miserably. If you are so excited and passionate then show it with your work not your dumb coach speak.



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 178,739, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,648
    Points
    178,739
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 358

    Re: Rhoads is a man with no pressure

    Apparently you didn't listen to his postgame press conference. Or, are you just looking for excuses to criticize?




    Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)


  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 78,442, Level: 87
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,708
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    twojman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Clive
    Posts
    4,407
    Points
    78,442
    Level
    87
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 18

    Re: Rhoads is a man with no pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    Apparently you didn't listen to his postgame press conference. Or, are you just looking for excuses to criticize?
    Are you related to any of the coaches? I have never seen anyone with such blind fervent faith in a coaching staff.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 65,864, Level: 79
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 586
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    erikbj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    hiawatha, ia
    Posts
    5,126
    Points
    65,864
    Level
    79
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 38

    Re: Rhoads is a man with no pressure

    Not sure what he can say today besides "we are more disappointed then the fans are with the results"

    He isn't going to say what he is actually feeling.



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 13,249, Level: 34
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Cyinthenorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    North Iowa
    Posts
    1,272
    Points
    13,249
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 44

    Re: Rhoads is a man with no pressure

    Anyone still think this team isn't as bad as '03 or '08? On paper they're quickly becoming identical. Different RB's taking the carries every game, musical QB's, our leading RB and WR's will have under 500 yards and we won't have a QB pass for 2,000. I do not attribute all of THAT to injuries, because in most cases, you could take the top 3 leaders in each statistical category and not come up with a cumulative 1,000 yard receiver or rusher, much less a 2,500 yard QB.



  8. #8
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 49,824, Level: 69
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,326
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    GoSTATE71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,680
    Points
    49,824
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 6

    Re: Rhoads is a man with no pressure

    He was basically saying as fans who have invested thousands of dollars and tons of time into this program that we should just take this losing in stride and know that it may pay off in 2014 and that there isn't anything they can do about this year besides try and be competitive. He basically has admitted defeat and wants us fans to take it in stride. stupid stupid stupid.

    He also said we don't have a #1 QB at this school and it'll be wide open between our 5 QBs in January. This program is sinking fast. Cannot see any reason why anyone would want to come here other than they dont have other BCS offers and a supportive fan base. If I'm a QB/WR/etc. I look at ISU and see it as a place that my career will die before it even starts. Put Richardson at a school with capable coaches and I bet he is having a better year. No way those guys aren't that talented, I'm beginning to think its mainly on coaching and prep.



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 70,335, Level: 82
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 1,115
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    isufbcurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    4,296
    Points
    70,335
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 300
    Given: 622

    Re: Rhoads is a man with no pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    He was basically saying as fans who have invested thousands of dollars and tons of time into this program that we should just take this losing in stride and know that it may pay off in 2014 and that there isn't anything they can do about this year besides try and be competitive. He basically has admitted defeat and wants us fans to take it in stride. stupid stupid stupid.

    He also said we don't have a #1 QB at this school and it'll be wide open between our 5 QBs in January. This program is sinking fast. Cannot see any reason why anyone would want to come here other than they dont have other BCS offers and a supportive fan base. If I'm a QB/WR/etc. I look at ISU and see it as a place that my career will die before it even starts. Put Richardson at a school with capable coaches and I bet he is having a better year. No way those guys aren't that talented, I'm beginning to think its mainly on coaching and prep.
    Good thing you aren't good enough to be recruited. And good thing our current commits aren't as dumb as you.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 312,388, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bawbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    18,130
    Points
    312,388
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 378
    Given: 945

    Re: Rhoads is a man with no pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by twojman View Post
    Are you related to any of the coaches? I have never seen anyone with such blind fervent faith in a coaching staff.
    I love how anyone who doesn't want to stone Mess to death and run Paul out of town on a rail must be related to them. Ridiculous.



  11. #11
    Walk On
    Points: 2,814, Level: 15
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    213
    Points
    2,814
    Level
    15
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 24

    Re: Rhoads is a man with no pressure

    There isn't one thing that Coach could say right now that would make a lot of people happy. What did you want him to do crawl on stage and start to cry. If he did that most people on here would say he is soft and the team is a reflection of that.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 312,388, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bawbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    18,130
    Points
    312,388
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 378
    Given: 945

    Re: Rhoads is a man with no pressure

    How naive do you have to be to believe there is "no pressure" on Coach Rhoads?



  13. #13
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 3,860, Level: 18
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2611 Helser, Louden
    Posts
    326
    Points
    3,860
    Level
    18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 45

    Re: Rhoads is a man with no pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    He was basically saying as fans who have invested thousands of dollars and tons of time into this program that we should just take this losing in stride and know that it may pay off in 2014 and that there isn't anything they can do about this year besides try and be competitive. He basically has admitted defeat and wants us fans to take it in stride. stupid stupid stupid.

    He also said we don't have a #1 QB at this school and it'll be wide open between our 5 QBs in January. This program is sinking fast. Cannot see any reason why anyone would want to come here other than they dont have other BCS offers and a supportive fan base. If I'm a QB/WR/etc. I look at ISU and see it as a place that my career will die before it even starts. Put Richardson at a school with capable coaches and I bet he is having a better year. No way those guys aren't that talented, I'm beginning to think its mainly on coaching and prep.
    I think you might need a break from Cyclone Fanatic for awhile. For the sake of your health and ours as well.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 93,177, Level: 95
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,873
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,073
    Points
    93,177
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 465
    Given: 107

    Re: Rhoads is a man with no pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    He was basically saying as fans who have invested thousands of dollars and tons of time into this program that we should just take this losing in stride and know that it may pay off in 2014 and that there isn't anything they can do about this year besides try and be competitive. He basically has admitted defeat and wants us fans to take it in stride. stupid stupid stupid.

    He also said we don't have a #1 QB at this school and it'll be wide open between our 5 QBs in January. This program is sinking fast. Cannot see any reason why anyone would want to come here other than they dont have other BCS offers and a supportive fan base. If I'm a QB/WR/etc. I look at ISU and see it as a place that my career will die before it even starts. Put Richardson at a school with capable coaches and I bet he is having a better year. No way those guys aren't that talented, I'm beginning to think its mainly on coaching and prep.
    Just stop.

    Apparently the first 4 years had nothing to do with coaching either? It was all luck and "Chizik's players", right?

    Does it ever get old ******** all the time?



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 211,473, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13,852
    Points
    211,473
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 773
    Given: 43

    Re: Rhoads is a man with no pressure

    Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    I love how anyone who doesn't want to stone Mess to death and run Paul out of town on a rail must be related to them. Ridiculous.
    have you read aclone's posts?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM