Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 5

Rhoads is a man with no pressure

His press conference today is straight ticking me off.

"Paul, what do you want Iowa State fans to take away from this season?"

"Iowa State fans are intelligent, they know we are young and we are injured, I hope the fans have enjoyed the competitiveness and compassion of our football team and have seen improvement that will catapult us into 2014."

Seriously CPR? You just got 40k+ fans buying season tickets and as "intelligent" as we are about football, we dont want to use excuses for being a laughing stock. I see no improvement and if thats the attitude you want me to have then dont expect me to buy tickets next year.

Watch the press conference today maybe I'm overreacting and just frustrated but he walks in so casually and says the same thing each week. "So excited about this prep this week and cant wait to see the results Saturday." SHUT UP you have gotten spanked each week as coaches and your plans have failed miserably. If you are so excited and passionate then show it with your work not your dumb coach speak.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 302
    Given: 271

Re: Rhoads is a man with no pressure

Yeah, I was a bit taken aback by just tossing out excuses and saying that if were smart fans we'd take it in stride.

Starter
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 975
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 134
    Given: 88

Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    His press conference today is straight ticking me off.

"Paul, what do you want Iowa State fans to take away from this season?"

"Iowa State fans are intelligent, they know we are young and we are injured, I hope the fans have enjoyed the competitiveness and compassion of our football team and have seen improvement that will catapult us into 2014."

Seriously CPR? You just got 40k+ fans buying season tickets and as "intelligent" as we are about football, we dont want to use excuses for being a laughing stock. I see no improvement and if thats the attitude you want me to have then dont expect me to buy tickets next year.

Watch the press conference today maybe I'm overreacting and just frustrated but he walks in so casually and says the same thing each week. "So excited about this prep this week and cant wait to see the results Saturday." SHUT UP you have gotten spanked each week as coaches and your plans have failed miserably. If you are so excited and passionate then show it with your work not your dumb coach speak.

Legend
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 325

Apparently you didn't listen to his postgame press conference. Or, are you just looking for excuses to criticize?

Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,708
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    Apparently you didn't listen to his postgame press conference. Or, are you just looking for excuses to criticize?
    Are you related to any of the coaches? I have never seen anyone with such blind fervent faith in a coaching staff.

Addict
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 616
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 37

Not sure what he can say today besides "we are more disappointed then the fans are with the results"

He isn't going to say what he is actually feeling.

All-Star
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 268
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 44

Anyone still think this team isn't as bad as '03 or '08? On paper they're quickly becoming identical. Different RB's taking the carries every game, musical QB's, our leading RB and WR's will have under 500 yards and we won't have a QB pass for 2,000. I do not attribute all of THAT to injuries, because in most cases, you could take the top 3 leaders in each statistical category and not come up with a cumulative 1,000 yard receiver or rusher, much less a 2,500 yard QB.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,326
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 5

He was basically saying as fans who have invested thousands of dollars and tons of time into this program that we should just take this losing in stride and know that it may pay off in 2014 and that there isn't anything they can do about this year besides try and be competitive. He basically has admitted defeat and wants us fans to take it in stride. stupid stupid stupid.

He also said we don't have a #1 QB at this school and it'll be wide open between our 5 QBs in January. This program is sinking fast. Cannot see any reason why anyone would want to come here other than they dont have other BCS offers and a supportive fan base. If I'm a QB/WR/etc. I look at ISU and see it as a place that my career will die before it even starts. Put Richardson at a school with capable coaches and I bet he is having a better year. No way those guys aren't that talented, I'm beginning to think its mainly on coaching and prep.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,132
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 300
    Given: 616

He was basically saying as fans who have invested thousands of dollars and tons of time into this program that we should just take this losing in stride and know that it may pay off in 2014 and that there isn't anything they can do about this year besides try and be competitive. He basically has admitted defeat and wants us fans to take it in stride. stupid stupid stupid.

He also said we don't have a #1 QB at this school and it'll be wide open between our 5 QBs in January. This program is sinking fast. Cannot see any reason why anyone would want to come here other than they dont have other BCS offers and a supportive fan base. If I'm a QB/WR/etc. I look at ISU and see it as a place that my career will die before it even starts. Put Richardson at a school with capable coaches and I bet he is having a better year. No way those guys aren't that talented, I'm beginning to think its mainly on coaching and prep.
    Good thing you aren't good enough to be recruited. And good thing our current commits aren't as dumb as you.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 378
    Given: 935

Quote Originally Posted by twojman View Post
    Are you related to any of the coaches? I have never seen anyone with such blind fervent faith in a coaching staff.
    I love how anyone who doesn't want to stone Mess to death and run Paul out of town on a rail must be related to them. Ridiculous.

Walk On
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 24

There isn't one thing that Coach could say right now that would make a lot of people happy. What did you want him to do crawl on stage and start to cry. If he did that most people on here would say he is soft and the team is a reflection of that.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 378
    Given: 935

How naive do you have to be to believe there is "no pressure" on Coach Rhoads?

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 390
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 45

I think you might need a break from Cyclone Fanatic for awhile. For the sake of your health and ours as well.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 508
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 445
    Given: 104

Just stop.

Apparently the first 4 years had nothing to do with coaching either? It was all luck and "Chizik's players", right?

Does it ever get old ******** all the time?

Legend
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 763
    Given: 43

Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    I love how anyone who doesn't want to stone Mess to death and run Paul out of town on a rail must be related to them. Ridiculous.
    have you read aclone's posts?