Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 2

Re: Whatever company runs the concessions at Hilton is inept and terrible at their jo

Those of you saying not to use the concession stands are missing the point. The concession stands are there, and they are providing a service, and that service should be provided in the best manner possible, regardless if you choose to use it or not.

I have had very few positive experiences with the concession stands. I like to buy a fountain soda each game, so I visit them almost every game. Whether it has been Center Plate or the current Levy Restaurants, the service and product leaves a lot to be desired.

Today, I got in line at the first timeout and there were 2 people in front of me. The young lady serving the line was terrible. The first customer ordered a couple of sandwiches. The girl just stood there waiting for the sandwiches to be handed up to her, rather than taking the customer's money and waiting on other people while the sandwiches were being prepared. She could have cleaned the counter in the meantime as well, as it was filthy and covered in sticky pop. It took about 4 minutes for the sandwiches to get to her. Then, she still had to take the money, and had issues counting as others have mentioned. All told, I ended up missing several minutes of game action due to the slow service. These stands desperately need management personnel up front, helping and directing the staff.

They could be selling a lot more concessions (and therefore the athletic dept. could be making a lot more money) if they had staff that could properly run these things. Other people in my group did not buy concessions before the game because the lines were so long and were not moving.

It would be better for all of us if the stands were run by ISU Dining Services.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 565
    Given: 530

Re: Whatever company runs the concessions at Hilton is inept and terrible at their jo

Quote Originally Posted by CYphyllis View Post
    The true question here is, what type of person gets worked up to the point that they feel the need to vent out their frustration about a damn concession stand? Not only get angry about it, but hold on to it for long enough that they were able to return to their home and type out their rage to the internet? Who does this?

I'm confused and curious at the same time here.
    You don't care enough. Your apathy is the root of the problem.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Addict
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 33

The true question here is, what type of person gets worked up to the point that they feel the need to vent out their frustration about a damn concession stand? Not only get angry about it, but hold on to it for long enough that they were able to return to their home and type out their rage to the internet? Who does this?

Cyphillis...you've been here since 2010...you should be well beyond surprise at the things people can get butthurt about.

Addict
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 33

Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post

You're right. Next game, I'm burning my popcorn bucket.

Pro
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 5

I can honestly say I had never purchased anything from the concessions at a basketball or football game. It's too pricey, and I hate missing 10 or 15 minutes of the game.

Then I got married.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    You're right. Next game, I'm burning my popcorn bucket.

I'm down with this!

Say goodbye, bucket!! Say goodbye.

Pro
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,217
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64
    Given: 0

Clearly. If anything deserves my outrage it's the fact that some poor people attending an enjoyable basketball game on a nice Sunday afternoon had to wait an entire two extra minutes before they could shovel their third hot dog down their gullet. The humanity of it all.

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 724
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 39

I'm down with this!

Say goodbye, bucket!! Say goodbye.
    Just for clarification, the popcorn bucket would have to be (mostly) full to have any sort of rebellion in it, right?

"I'm the one who knocks."

Legend
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 9

People who just want to ***** to hear themselves ***** about something. Its beyond stupid but whatever. This should be the first of about 234 threads about this until basketball season is done. Hopefully the new Softball complex has there **** figured out or this kind of whinny butthurt will carry on till July.

Its kind of like complaining when your food/service sucks at Mcdonalds.

Pro
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,217
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 64

Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    Cyphillis...you've been here since 2010...you should be well beyond surprise at the things people can get butthurt about.

Oh I'm well aware. Someones Cone Clone will be served at not the exactly perfect temperature here sometime soon and then **** will truly hit the fan.

Legend
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 253
    Given: 499

Quote Originally Posted by CyCrazy View Post
    People who just want to ***** to hear themselves ***** about something. Its beyond stupid but whatever. This should be the first of about 234 threads about this until basketball season is done. Hopefully the new Softball complex has there **** figured out or this kind of whinny butthurt will carry on till July.
    I'm sick of softball questions, and softball posts.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 22

I think it comes from the fact that it is SO easy to successfully organize and execute a simple concession stand, yet they still cannot do it, even after years of practice.

I have never bought anything at the concession stands at Hilton or JTS in over 10 years of going to games, but I have witnessed the frustrations others speak of on here. I mean, how tough is it to accurately forecast the volumes of basic food/drink inventory that will be needed? Especially at the prices they're charging! The markup on fountain pop is absolutely ridiculous, there is no excuse for ever running out of syrup...ever! The markup on hot dogs and brats is also insane, although not to the degree of fountain pop. They should always be overstocking those items. Even if you have to throw away 20% of the inventory you started with, you're still going to be raking it in and then you won't risk sending paying customers away mad. You have people willing to overpay for food items that are cheap to carry, and you run out?! Straight up insanity. I'd gladly take on managing those stands if I got a 50% or so cut of the increase in profits that I'd be able to bring just through common sense improvements.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Ciclone View Post
    Just for clarification, the popcorn bucket would have to be (mostly) full to have any sort of rebellion in it, right?

No, that defeats the purpose. Burn the bucket, and scream that you're burning it the same way the employees burned the popcorn. Then call it a Freedom Fire, and we're off and running.

Pro
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 724
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 39

No, that defeats the purpose. Burn the bucket, and scream that you're burning it the same way the employees burned the popcorn. Then call it a Freedom Fire, and we're off and running.
    You see, folks. This is why he's the authority.

"I'm the one who knocks."

Prospect
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

The problem of it is guys, some of the employees they hire are from temp agencies. So the reason why most of the people that are serving you are doing this for the first time. Not saying counting money back is difficult, but some of them have never had a job before or can hold a job. Yes it does need to be straighten out. Although every time it get a corndog I never have any problems waiting in line to long whether it would be at JTS or at Hilton....problem solved everyone eat a corndog!!!