Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 66
    Given: 77

Re: TCU, KS Support

Quote Originally Posted by BBHMagic View Post
    I realize this, but the people showed up and actual attendance reflected ticket sales which it often doesn't for struggling teams.
    Game was definitely pretty full until the 4th.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 159
    Given: 117

Quote Originally Posted by BBHMagic View Post
    Personally I've never left a game early, but I doubt even the players mind if the fans make the effort to show up in a down year and decide they'd rather start tailgating early.

It bothers me like hell though when people leave early when we're winning a basketball game.
    Worry about yourself, numbnuts. Other people gotta do what they gotta do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Walton
    Think Oscar Wilde when he said, "every saint has a past, every sinner has a future." But also think Neil Young: the fork in the road, light a candle. Instead of cursing the darkness, let's light a candle for where we're going. This was fantastic for the world. We are better people for having been here. It was absolutely incredible. I'm inspired. I don't know when I'll ever sleep again.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 9

Quote Originally Posted by ShopTalk View Post
    You sir are correct. Fans like you do suck.
    Another moron shows his face. I don't get people telling people what to do with there money. Or there attendance. My guess is you are whining from a great distance. If you want to ***** move back to Ames and buy tickets. My guess is you don't buy buy season tixs which is understandable living in Houston.

All-Star
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 870
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 87

Quote Originally Posted by klamath632 View Post
    Worry about yourself, numbnuts. Other people gotta do what they gotta do.
    My nuts are steel and immune to numbness.

Cy has balls of steel.

Walk On
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

I think that they will delay the decision as long as possible (until loss of revenue is overwhelming and imminent) for two reasons. First, I've seen it before. Two, because it costs money to fire a coach, especially a head coach. I'm not suggesting that we are at that point yet, but the AD needs to see that the fuse is a short one.

You seem to think that the AD will come to the decision on their own, without regard to pressure from the fans. If you agree that money drives such decisions, how can you not agree that expressing our dissatisfaction, including action by financial means, would make a difference?

Again, if it makes you feel better, then go. I don't blame you. Just don't pretend that you are somehow on morally superior ground. It's my choice to stay away, in part, because I don't like where this is headed. I've seen it too many times and I want it to stop before we hit rock bottom. You might call it being a fair weather fan, but I see it as speaking as clearly and loudly as possible that I do not accept losing.

The bottom line is that we should insist on winning and we should say so in the most effective manner. You are actually hurting our success by giving the appearance that we accept losing. I don't think there is even any room for the perception that losing is OK.

All-Star
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 870
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 87

Quote Originally Posted by AlumfromAmes View Post
    I think that they will delay the decision as long as possible (until loss of revenue is overwhelming and imminent) for two reasons. First, I've seen it before. Two, because it costs money to fire a coach, especially a head coach. I'm not suggesting that we are at that point yet, but the AD needs to see that the fuse is a short one.

You seem to think that the AD will come to the decision on their own, without regard to pressure from the fans. If you agree that money drives such decisions, how can you not agree that expressing our dissatisfaction, including action by financial means, would make a difference?

Again, if it makes you feel better, then go. I don't blame you. Just don't pretend that you are somehow on morally superior ground. It's my choice to stay away, in part, because I don't like where this is headed. I've seen it too many times and I want it to stop before we hit rock bottom. You might call it being a fair weather fan, but I see it as speaking as clearly and loudly as possible that I do not accept losing.

The bottom line is that we should insist on winning and we should say so in the most effective manner. You are actually hurting our success by giving the appearance that we accept losing. I don't think there is even any room for the perception that losing is OK.
    This is such an absurd statement and you have it completely backwards.. The athletic department is not going to sit there and do nothing if a change is needed. Why do you think that is the case? If they just let the program go stagnant they will lose all the donors and that's where the real money comes from.

Cy has balls of steel.