Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Incognito

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 9

Re: Incognito

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Janny View Post
    I feel a little embarrassed about it, but damn that made me laugh. My wife, who has not kept up on the whole saga, wanted to know what was so funny, and I just didn't have it in me to explain it all, (including the CSI part). Now she's annoyed at me. Well played.
    Hey, any time I can help annoy Angie, I'm up for it. Day or night, rain or shine.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Addict
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 17

Quote Originally Posted by cyinne View Post
    No doubt he has some underlying issues with his past and probably should have gotten some help with that along time ago, but along the way he has been enabled because nobody stood up to him and made him get any help.
    Dec. 2009
    Released by Rams two days after being penalized twice for personal fouls and arguing with coach Steve Spagnuolo during game against Titans
    2009 season Voted NFL's "dirtiest player" in poll of NFL players by Sporting News
    Oct. 2004 Dismissed from Oregon football program after transferring to school in September
    Sept. 2004 Suspended indefinitely by Nebraska coach Bill Callahan for repeated violations of team rules
    June 2004 Convicted of misdemeanor assault charge stemming from incident at party in February
    Spring 2003 Suspended by Nebraska coach Frank Solich (reinstated prior to season)

I agree that he needs help with that history but it also looks like he's just the type to "not get it."

Pro
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 57
    Given: 59

Easy now... im not for what he said or done- there is no room for his actions, but you all hoping that he "dies a horrible death," "kills himself", or "has a catistophic injury" are the ones that need to get a grip. Its not like he went into a room full of blind and deaf orphans and **** in their breakfast, pushed them all down a long flight of stairs, and did a Hulk Hogan knee drop on them.

No doubt he has some underlying issues with his past and probably should have gotten some help with that along time ago, but along the way he has been enabled because nobody stood up to him and made him get any help.
    I do think and agree that there are times when it's better to be the "bigger man"...but in this case? Nah.

Look, I'm not going to feel remorse for wishing ill on a guy who has an extensive and well-documented history of being a ginormous, complete and total a$$hole going back to his college days, even if he happens to play for my favorite pro football team. It looks like Incognito has nothing but ill will for a lot of people around him and decided to make life for his teammate a living hell for no good reason.

Turnabout is fair play IMO in this case. I do admit to having a strong sense of justice and right and wrong and that this sense can get a bit medieval at times. I lean left politically, but I have absolutely no moral qualms when it comes to the death penalty, for example.

Richie Incognito deserves everything he gets from this point forward. If he does make it back onto the field I can see him being a big target for opposing players due to his use of the "n-word" that came out today.

"The fact that anybody can say anything does not mean that anything anybody says is worth hearing"

Starter
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by ISUChippewa View Post
    I do think and agree that there are times when it's better to be the "bigger man"...but in this case? Nah.

Look, I'm not going to feel remorse for wishing ill on a guy who has an extensive and well-documented history of being a ginormous, complete and total a$$hole going back to his college days, even if he happens to play for my favorite pro football team. It looks like Incognito has nothing but ill will for a lot of people around him and decided to make life for his teammate a living hell for no good reason.

Turnabout is fair play IMO in this case. I do admit to having a strong sense of justice and right and wrong and that this sense can get a bit medieval at times. I lean left politically, but I have absolutely no moral qualms when it comes to the death penalty, for example.

Richie Incognito deserves everything he gets from this point forward. If he does make it back onto the field I can see him being a big target for opposing players due to his use of the "n-word" that came out today.
    Do you believe that Incognito is just the "outlier" and this practice has never gone on in the locker room before? I do not condone what Incognito has done or said- what he did is 100% wrong, but to single him out as the only person to ever done this before because he has a tainted past is also wrong. There is so much that goes on in the locker room that you or the general public don't know about or ever will know about. Tony Siragusa has come out now and said that this has been blown out of proportion- that these things happen in the locker room and the players involved take care of it themselves. 99% of the "bad" stuff that goes on in the locker room we will never know about because normally players don't rat out other players- sort of an unwritten rule.

Legend
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 358

Its not like he went into a room full of blind and deaf orphans and **** in their breakfast, pushed them all down a long flight of stairs, and did a Hulk Hogan knee drop on them.
    Excuse me, knee drop!!??

While on live TV, Ford used a vulgar term to describe a private part of the female anatomy, adding that he was “happily married” and “got more than enough to eat at home.”

Pro
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 14

Do you believe that Incognito is just the "outlier" and this practice has never gone on in the locker room before? I do not condone what Incognito has done or said- what he did is 100% wrong, but to single him out as the only person to ever done this before because he has a tainted past is also wrong. There is so much that goes on in the locker room that you or the general public don't know about or ever will know about. Tony Siragusa has come out now and said that this has been blown out of proportion- that these things happen in the locker room and the players involved take care of it themselves. 99% of the "bad" stuff that goes on in the locker room we will never know about because normally players don't rat out other players- sort of an unwritten rule.
    The Goose may the only one that I have heard saying this is being blown out of proportion. Others I have heard agreed that ribbing, etc. goes on in a locker room and we all know it does. However just about every former player and coach I have heard talk about this has said what they have seen is completely out of line and so much more than just normal locker room ribbing, pranks, etc. Ditka was visibly ****** talking about this, that's all I need to know about the situation.

I will also go and say that it is also an unwritten rule to not treat the person who lines up next to you on every play.

No matter how you spin this there is no defending what Incognito did or how the Dolphins handled what was happening. The fact that other players have reached out to people like Schefty and said they didn't feel safe at the Dolphins complex should alone tell you this is so much more than just "normal locker room stuff".

Plus does what Siragus say even matter anymore. The guy is doing men's diaper commercials now.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 9

Did you see the voicemail transcript? If that's "not a big deal" then I want everyone to apologize to RIley Cooper. This isn't ordinary and Siragusa is an idiot.

I'm on Twitter too: Tre4ISU

Or so I have read.

Starter
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by The_Architect View Post
    Excuse me, knee drop!!??
    OK- what would you call it then? Leg drop?

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

OK- what would you call it then? Leg drop?
    You're not serious are you.

Pro
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,256
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

NFL personnel question 'coward' Jonathan Martin for not challenging Richie Incognito - NFL - Jim Trotter - SI.com

"I think Jonathan Martin is a weak person," said one personnel man, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "If Incognito did offend him racially, that's something you have to handle as a man! Mike Pouncey was a rookie at one point while Incognito was there and you never heard any complaints from him. There's no other way to put it, other than him being sofTTT!"

"Said another: 'Guys are going to be guys, if you know what I mean. I'm sure there are some instances of 'taking things too far,' but that happens everywhere. You handle it in house -- fight, handle it on the field, joke about it, etc -- and keep it moving."

If this is true, times will be changing in all locker rooms across the country (NFL, College, H.S., etc...).

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,526
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 132

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    NFL personnel question 'coward' Jonathan Martin for not challenging Richie Incognito - NFL - Jim Trotter - SI.com

"I think Jonathan Martin is a weak person," said one personnel man, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "If Incognito did offend him racially, that's something you have to handle as a man! Mike Pouncey was a rookie at one point while Incognito was there and you never heard any complaints from him. There's no other way to put it, other than him being sofTTT!"

"Said another: 'Guys are going to be guys, if you know what I mean. I'm sure there are some instances of 'taking things too far,' but that happens everywhere. You handle it in house -- fight, handle it on the field, joke about it, etc -- and keep it moving."

If this is true, times will be changing in all locker rooms across the country (NFL, College, H.S., etc...).
    Extremely sad that someone made that statement...and about the part of being a "soft"...notice this person spoke anonymously! Be a "man" and attach your name to your thoughts!

Hooper drives the boat, Chief
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 326
    Given: 21

Quote Originally Posted by cyfanatic View Post
    Extremely sad that someone made that statement...and about the part of being a "soft"...notice this person spoke anonymously! Be a "man" and attach your name to your thoughts!
    glad you pointed that out. The guy who calls out Martin for going public will only speak anonymously? What a joke.

And you're right, if nothing else, the exposure this issue's getting will help in changing the mentality in locker rooms across the nation. Cowherd (whom I generally despise) made a good point, yesterday, about those who would defend hazing and locker room antics like this. Show me any empirical evidence that it does any good? or that it does anything that can't be accomplished just as easily through other means. Now Cowherd took it too far, imho. His point was that any kind of levity or practical joking had no place in a workplace, and that he'd fire anyone that engaged in it. That's overboard, imho. But his general point is valid.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."
    -Simon Belmont

"Please bury me with all my stuff, because you know it's mine..."
    -Master Shake

"Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood."
    -Lorem Ipsum

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 80

The racial aspect of this is obviously inexcusable but other than that, reading the rest out of context makes it impossible to know his tone etc...the weird thing about this is this is the first guy to step up and say something, in fact most of the other guys defended Incognito. The guys who are around Incognito on a daily basis say he's a good guy and they've never seen this, I just don't believe that every other Dolphins player is too scared of him to have stood up to him. If there was no racial slur used in this transcript, the entire tone of the texts is different and there is no where near the outrage there is over this. The rest of the stuff (while strange) IMO is nothing Incognito should get in trouble, but maybe needs to see a counselor about :).

The really weird thing is, gauging the other players reaction, Martin seems to be the bad guy here. The NFL views itself as brotherhood thats always handled things in house, taking them to the public, will ostracize him with teammates. While the guy who called him the worst thing you can call an African American, is defended.

Basically, I don't think this is nearly the deal (the Hazing aspect) its being made out to be but its got all the fixin's for good TV, throw a racial aspect in with a modern social problem, and the media won't let this die without some exaggerated, knee jerk reactions from the NFL.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by heitclone View Post
    The racial aspect of this is obviously inexcusable but other than that, reading the rest out of context makes it impossible to know his tone etc...the weird thing about this is this is the first guy to step up and say something, in fact most of the other guys defended Incognito. The guys who are around Incognito on a daily basis say he's a good guy and they've never seen this, I just don't believe that every other Dolphins player is too scared of him to have stood up to him. If there was no racial slur used in this transcript, the entire tone of the texts is different and there is no where near the outrage there is over this. The rest of the stuff (while strange) IMO is nothing Incognito should get in trouble, but maybe needs to see a counselor about :).

The really weird thing is, gauging the other players reaction, Martin seems to be the bad guy here. The NFL views itself as brotherhood thats always handled things in house, taking them to the public, will ostracize him with teammates. While the guy who called him the worst thing you can call an African American, is defended.

Basically, I don't think this is nearly the deal (the Hazing aspect) its being made out to be but its got all the fixin's for good TV, throw a racial aspect in with a modern social problem, and the media won't let this die without some exaggerated, knee jerk reactions from the NFL.

This is one article where most are standing by Incognito. Schefty is sticking with his story that other players have contacted him about how bad the Dolphins locker room was and are glad this broke.

I honestly think the way Martin handled it was his last resort. Incognito's past should tell you that confronting him about it won't end well. And when it was apparent that no one in the locker room or the staff was willing to put a stop to this he left. He has every right to protect his career and he felt leaving the team was the best way. For all we know Martin wanted to handle this quietly but with the media the way it is we have a national story now.

Addict
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15
    Given: 3

RI called Martin a n*gger and said he was going to kill him on a voicemail, not in the locker room.

Also, I'd challenge Tony Siragusa to call anyone a n*gger while in the locker room. I don't care what Tony Siragusa says that **** is not happening.

Incognito is being singled out because what he did goes beyond ****ing with the rookies.

RIP Janice
    b. April 2012 d. April 2012
    9 posts
    May perpetual light shine upon him.