Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 44

*^% damn Peiople

Some of you need a serious dose of reality or a life. Since our struggles, I've read about firing Rhoads, firing the entire staff, everything from questioning Pollard to firing Pollard, calling out players, etc...the list goes on and on. I swear some of the fan base on here has not a clue about our situation. You are acting worse than Huskerfan or Longhornfan. At least these fan bases didn't ***** and moan at the first sign of adversity under Pelini or Brown following their success.

For the first time in Rhoads tenure we are not going to win at least 5 games and you are ready to break this program down, allow for a coaching change at the top and are ready to lose recruits and current players. All of these would set the program back 3-4 years, most likely. Some of you have no idea how to be a fan or handle adversity, which tells me your kneejerk reaction to fire or replace the AD, HC or entire coaching staff is probably the worst thing that can happen.

Chill the **** out and get a dam grip.

Last edited by LindenCy; 11-03-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Addict
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,050
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,235
    Given: 2,256

Re: *^% damn Peiople

Well said. Sometimes it seems like the age of the average poster on here is about 12.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocialOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,187
    Given: 3,403

Quote Originally Posted by hoopitup View Post
    Some of you need a serious dose of reality or a life. Since our struggles, I've read about firing Rhoads, firing the entire staff, everything from questioning Pollard to firing Pollard, calling out players, etc...the list goes on and on. I swear some of the fan base on here has not a clue about our situation. You are acting worse than Huskerfan or Longhornfan. At least these fan bases didn't bicth and moan at the first sign of adversity under Pelini or Brown following their success.

For the first time in Rhoads tenure we are not going to win at least 5 games and you are ready to break this program down, allow for a coaching change at the top and are ready to lose recruits and current players. All of these would set the program back 3-4 years, most likely. Some of you have no idea how to be a fan or handle adversity, which tells me your kneejerk reaction to fire or replace the AD, HC or entire coaching staff is probably the worst thing that can happen.

Ummmmmm? They dont freak out at the first sign of adversity? Those fanbases freak out after one loss.

Other than that, I basically agree with you. Everyone needs to take one of these.

Naz Long, the Cowboy Killer

Starter
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 35
    Given: 86

Can't speak for everyone, only myself.

I completely support CPR and ADJP, with the glaring exception of Mess as OC. I fully support all players, and no one should call them out.

Addict
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 6

not sure who is calling out players...I have not seen it.

...but our coordinators are terrible and need to go. This was evident during the Uni game before the injury excuse made it's appearance.

...and changes will be made.

Carrying the banner for ISU.

Rookie
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I don't think a ton of people are asking for rhoads to be fired, but the issues with this team are FAR bigger than youth, inexperience and injuries... there's serious issues with the staff, we are NOT a well coached team right now... and that's something I think people aren't used to seeing with a rhoads coached team... we have talent on the field, its just not being utilized... and as the leader of the program people expect rhoads to handle the situation, and it doesn't appear that he's doing that... I think most fans realize that there's a chance he's just letting the year take its course before he makes any changes and even though I'd much rather see him take action now but I understand him waiting to analyze the staff as a whole after the season... but if nothing happens before next season A LOT of people are gonna be questioning the direction he's going with this program...

Rookie
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 766
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 8

I can agree with all that for this year. Next year I won't though.
    And I don't blame fans for being upset. They have every right to be when we are seeing what they are seeing. Team has lots of issues that all go on the CEO's head. Lots of bad decisions have been made by him and now the company is tanking as a result.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CychoCyclone View Post
    I don't think a ton of people are asking for rhoads to be fired, but the issues with this team are FAR bigger than youth, inexperience and injuries... there's serious issues with the staff, we are NOT a well coached team right now... and that's something I think people aren't used to seeing with a rhoads coached team... we have talent on the field, its just not being utilized... and as the leader of the program people expect rhoads to handle the situation, and it doesn't appear that he's doing that... I think most fans realize that there's a chance he's just letting the year take its course before he makes any changes and even though I'd much rather see him take action now but I understand him waiting to analyze the staff as a whole after the season... but if nothing happens before next season A LOT of people are gonna be questioning the direction he's going with this program...
    I actually think that lack of talent is our biggest issue. And that may develop with more experience as well as a shake up in coordinators this offseason. We also need to upgrade the qb position.

Addict
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 695
    Given: 578

Some of you need a serious dose of reality or a life. Since our struggles, I've read about firing Rhoads, firing the entire staff, everything from questioning Pollard to firing Pollard, calling out players, etc...the list goes on and on. I swear some of the fan base on here has not a clue about our situation. You are acting worse than Huskerfan or Longhornfan. At least these fan bases didn't ***** and moan at the first sign of adversity under Pelini or Brown following their success.

Amen! It's embarrassing enough when our team is not doing too well but when our fans ***** and moan and call out every single person affiliated with our football program, it's embarrassing. Each individual person is hid behind a user name so they don't mind doing stupid stuff like this but what they don't think about is the perception others will have of Cyclone fans of they keep whining all the time! I guarantee you the best outcome will happen due to this dumpster fire of a season.
    1. Rhoads will still be head coach
    2. Mess will be relieved of his duties as OC
    3. Rhoads won't make the same mistake again and will hire an up and coming OC outside of the program
    4. Lazard and Mister will still be Cyclones next year

I truly believe all of the above will happen. It sucks that we aren't good this year but we have the best man possible for ISU at the helm of our football program. I honestly think by this time next year we will be in bowl discussions again and nobody will even talk about this year.

Last edited by CysRage; 11-03-2013 at 09:24 AM.
    "The greatest risk in life is not taking one"

All-Star
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 137
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 131
    Given: 190

There were signs of "adversity" prior to the Liberty Bowl. The Liberty Bowl should be all you need to know about how this team is coached, prepared, and stratagized to compete. Your angst is misplaced and you are part of the problem OP. If you love Iowa State and want the best for players and fans, you would have expected excellence in the program when it was self evident that the output on the field was not commensurate with salaries paid.....and this entire year is just the Liberty Bowl over, and over, and over again. Losing a whole year, to quote Third Eye Blind. Did you see the UNI game?!?!?!? That coaching staff had 8 freaking months to prepare for that. Ug. Take your moral sanctimonious posts and go admire your fellow wonder fans on the off-topic board.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyninety View Post
    There were signs of "adversity" prior to the Liberty Bowl. The Liberty Bowl should be all you need to know about how this team is coached, prepared, and stratagized to compete. Your angst is misplaced and you are part of the problem OP. If you love Iowa State and want the best for players and fans, you would have expected excellence in the program when it was self evident that the output on the field was not commensurate with salaries paid.....and this entire year is just the Liberty Bowl over, and over, and over again. Losing a whole year, to quote Third Eye Blind. Did you see the UNI game?!?!?!? That coaching staff had 8 freaking months to prepare for that. Ug. Take your moral sanctimonious posts and go admire your fellow wonder fans on the off-topic board.
    Exhibit A

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 863
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 1,351

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonesince78 View Post
    Exhibit A
    Yep.

Jamie's Fine for Helping Children:
    https://www.unitypoint.org/desmoines...-donation.aspx

Addict
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 115

Our coaches are grown men earning very nice salaries, paid by US. They are doing something they love and most of us would kill to do. If they aren't recruiting and developing players capable of winning more than 3 games per year then they deserve some criticism and in some cases deserve to be fired.

All-Star
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,001
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 163

The expert (dirty) has spoken, he knows all the answers so we should make him our head coach right now, why wait till the end of the season!

Starter
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 78

I watched TT and OSU last night, and we are so far from their talent level it is scary. And they are not the conference elite. CPR and staff have failed in recruiting Big 12 talent and need to be replaced ASAP. After a bad next year is likely "as soon as possible". The rest of you will figure this out in due time!