Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 130
  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 8,750, Level: 27
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    577
    Points
    8,750
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 9

    Ben Brun' s remarks before the game

    Not sure if anybody else heard his comment before the game but thought it was worth a mention regarding recruits reading these posts. He talked about Jake Campos and the things he read on the Tiger's board similar to CF and how it does play a part on where some of these guys end up. He wanted everyone to know to TRY to be a little careful on what we all say. Makes sense since I think it was Tribune that had 2nd thoughts on some remark s made about him. Thought I would just pass that on.



  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 91,680, Level: 94
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,470
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    mtowncyclone13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,550
    Points
    91,680
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 280
    Given: 230

    Re: Ben Brun' s remarks before the game

    Yeah. Most of us on here have no idea the dedication and hard work these guys put in each and every day. To any recruit reading this, please know we are just bitter when we lose because we love our team in a way few fan bases do.


    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneRulzzz View Post
    mtown is among the worst to ever play this game.


  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 214,219, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    JUKEBOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,029
    Points
    214,219
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 0

    Re: Ben Brun' s remarks before the game

    Quote Originally Posted by casey1973 View Post
    Not sure if anybody else heard his comment before the game but thought it was worth a mention regarding recruits reading these posts. He talked about Jake Campos and the things he read on the Tiger's board similar to CF and how it does play a part on where some of these guys end up. He wanted everyone to know to TRY to be a little careful on what we all say. Makes sense since I think it was Tribune that had 2nd thoughts on some remark s made about him. Thought I would just pass that on.
    Maybe we should worry more about winning than what is said on a message board.



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 343,517, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    ISUCubswin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    My Playhouse
    Posts
    10,897
    Points
    343,517
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 615
    Given: 325

    Re: Ben Brun' s remarks before the game

    Was just about to make a thread on this. Thank you for pointing it out.

    Building off of what he said - times are a changin, and message boards are a very new recruiting method that could definitely make or break where a kid goes.

    While I think there are positives (how can Rashad Vaughn not laugh at our avatars and understand this school wants him more than any other school?) there are also big time negatives. And the negatives definitely outweigh the positives.


    Quote Originally Posted by KFitzy87 View Post
    Do batman farts smell like rainbows and unicorns?

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Points: 6,056, Level: 23
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    452
    Points
    6,056
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 33

    Re: Ben Brun' s remarks before the game

    Amen. Modern day technology can be a curse. It's easy to say things when you sit behind a keyboard. If you had to look a player or coach in the eye, you would probably change how you would say things, but perhaps still get your point across.



  6. #6
    Starter
    Points: 22,960, Level: 46
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 590
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    cowboycurtis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    886
    Points
    22,960
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 31
    Given: 2

    Re: Ben Brun' s remarks before the game

    After the game he said the 1-10 team he was on would have scored 21 on this KSU team. So what kind of message does that send?



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 117,821, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUAlum2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    15,478
    Points
    117,821
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 55

    Re: Ben Brun' s remarks before the game

    I'm sure our message board and Mizzou's are the only ones with members who express frustration when their programs flounder to the extent that ISU football is right now.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 25,424, Level: 48
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    F5cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    1,053
    Points
    25,424
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 37

    Re: Ben Brun' s remarks before the game

    Everyone here WANTS ISU to be SUCCESSFUL.

    I think most of us are as passionate about ISU as CPR is in his locker room speeches, but some here have a lot of time & money invested in this program and expect to see some results that are better than what we've been seeing recently.

    I would hope that potential recruits of ISU would be able to make a decision that they can help build a successful program with some of the finest facilities around (thanks to previously mentioned invested $$$).



  9. #9
    Rookie
    Points: 6,056, Level: 23
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    452
    Points
    6,056
    Level
    23
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 33

    Re: Ben Brun' s remarks before the game

    Quote Originally Posted by JUKEBOX View Post
    Maybe we should worry more about winning than what is said on a message board.
    We as fans can't control if we win or loose. What comes off of our keypads, we can control.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 404,806, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,080
    Points
    404,806
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 260
    Given: 110

    Re: Ben Brun' s remarks before the game

    This is idiotic. There is no fanbase that is going to be 1-7, and staring 1-11 and 0-9 in the face, and not melting down about it. In fact, i think that would be even worse, as the only thing worse than anger and melting down is apathy. We started to see that at the end of the mcdermott era. At least right now a recruit can see we give 2 ***** about the program.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 214,219, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    JUKEBOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,029
    Points
    214,219
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 47
    Given: 0

    Re: Ben Brun' s remarks before the game

    Quote Originally Posted by CyStalker View Post
    We as fans can't control if we win or loose. What comes off of our keypads, we can control.
    1-7 and losing 41-7 against a bad KSU team is far worse for recruiting than critical fans.



  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 11,446, Level: 32
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Clonedogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    CR, IA
    Posts
    800
    Points
    11,446
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 17

    Re: Ben Brun' s remarks before the game

    We should have some Mods watching for post that may discourage recruits, or just shut down the message boards.....just a thought.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 73,988, Level: 84
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cedar Falls
    Posts
    6,530
    Points
    73,988
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 13

    Re: Ben Brun' s remarks before the game

    Quote Originally Posted by F5cy View Post
    Everyone here WANTS ISU to be SUCCESSFUL.

    I think most of us are as passionate about ISU as CPR is in his locker room speeches, but some here have a lot of time & money invested in this program and expect to see some results that are better than what we've been seeing recently.

    I would hope that potential recruits of ISU would be able to make a decision that they can help build a successful program with some of the finest facilities around (thanks to previously mentioned invested $$$).
    Then express frustration constructively instead of crying like a big baby and callimg for everyone to be fired. Everyone can act like an adult.

    (I'm not calling you out)



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 82,429, Level: 89
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,321
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CycloneWanderer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,143
    Points
    82,429
    Level
    89
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 5

    Re: Ben Brun' s remarks before the game

    Quote Originally Posted by JUKEBOX View Post
    Maybe we should worry more about winning than what is said on a message board.
    Since when has your worrying about us winning actually caused us to win?




    ***King of Diplomacy***

  15. #15
    Pro
    Points: 47,698, Level: 67
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    im4cyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    2,482
    Points
    47,698
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 214
    Given: 212

    Re: Ben Brun' s remarks before the game

    Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    This is idiotic. There is no fanbase that is going to be 1-7, and staring 1-11 and 0-9 in the face, and not melting down about it. In fact, i think that would be even worse, as the only thing worse than anger and melting down is apathy. We started to see that at the end of the mcdermott era. At least right now a recruit can see we give 2 ***** about the program.
    Doesn't make it right.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM