Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 13,655, Level: 35
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 395
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SCarolinaCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    730
    Points
    13,655
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 23

    Who was responsible..........

    Who was responsible........... for pushing Tom Herman out? Anyone big enuf to admit to it?


    Big Mistake.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 37,690, Level: 59
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Cyclonin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,932
    Points
    37,690
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 198
    Given: 801

    Re: Who was responsible..........

    All I am going to say is I'm sorry. One Way. Forward.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 394,659, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,831
    Points
    394,659
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 410
    Given: 296

    Re: Who was responsible..........

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonin View Post
    All I am going to say is I'm sorry. One Way. Forward.
    Forward -



    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  4. #4
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 56,492, Level: 73
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 558
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    benjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,594
    Points
    56,492
    Level
    73
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 18

    Re: Who was responsible..........

    "fire herman" was a common theme at the time, or are you forgetting?

    although at least he didn't blame the players for not making enough "sportscenter plays".



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 205,322, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jbhtexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Arlington, TX
    Posts
    10,743
    Points
    205,322
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 143
    Given: 89

    Re: Who was responsible..........

    Why was it a big mistake? When Herman was at ISU, the offense was nationally ranked 103, 97, and 90 in scoring. Last year, ISU was ranked 87, and this year ISU is ranked 86.


    "Don't worry Boss...they can't do nothin' 'til they're through sparklin'..."

    Avatar - America's new superhero...Cenex Guy

  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 92,364, Level: 94
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 786
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Bader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    4,397
    Points
    92,364
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 17

    Re: Who was responsible..........

    By pushed out you mean Tom got a call from Urban Meyer and saw an opportunity to advance his career under one of the greatest offensive minds in football? That kind of pushed out?

    And it's not like his offenses were really doing anything anyway



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 39,713, Level: 61
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 637
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,588
    Points
    39,713
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 3

    Re: Who was responsible..........

    Quote Originally Posted by SCarolinaCy View Post
    Who was responsible........... for pushing Tom Herman out? Anyone big enuf to admit to it?


    Big Mistake.
    His first hand picked QB couldn't win the starting job at Illinois State. His teams were averaging about the same PPG as the current squad as well. What are we whining about? Let me know when we get a good offensive coordinator and he leaves, and then we can whine. Herman barely mustered enough points to beat Iowa.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 332,068, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    15,057
    Points
    332,068
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 763
    Given: 1,588

    Re: Who was responsible..........

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    His first hand picked QB couldn't win the starting job at Illinois State. His teams were averaging about the same PPG as the current squad as well. What are we whining about? Let me know when we get a good offensive coordinator and he leaves, and then we can whine. Herman barely mustered enough points to beat Iowa.
    Yes because if he could chose ANYONE to come to ISU he would have chosen Barnett. He took Barnett because at the time he was the best candidate that would come to ISU at the time. He also brought in Sam Richardson his last year, who was good enough to beat out JB, so that should count for something.

    I'm not saying Herman was an awesome OC, but he wasn't terrible either. I have a feeling he was pretty frustrated with some of the talent he had to work with and I guarantee he is VERY happy with where he's at right now.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 39,713, Level: 61
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 637
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,588
    Points
    39,713
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 3

    Re: Who was responsible..........

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    Yes because if he could chose ANYONE to come to ISU he would have chosen Barnett. He took Barnett because at the time he was the best candidate that would come to ISU at the time. He also brought in Sam Richardson his last year, who was good enough to beat out JB, so that should count for something.

    I'm not saying Herman was an awesome OC, but he wasn't terrible either. I have a feeling he was pretty frustrated with some of the talent he had to work with and I guarantee he is VERY happy with where he's at right now.
    If he was the best ISU could get, but couldn't start on a middling FCS team, we might as well drop football. There is no reason ISU shouldn't have a better QB than UNI division schools.

    Call me crazy if I think ISU should have been able to recruit better.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 332,068, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    15,057
    Points
    332,068
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 763
    Given: 1,588

    Re: Who was responsible..........

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    If he was the best ISU could get, but couldn't start on a middling FCS team, we might as well drop football. There is no reason ISU shouldn't have a better QB than UNI division schools.

    Call me crazy if I think ISU should have been able to recruit better.
    Oh my gosh, someone missed on a recruit, drop football immediately!

    JB had talent. Enough to beat multiple ranked opponents. Just not consistent enough to win regularly.



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 394,659, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,831
    Points
    394,659
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 410
    Given: 296

    Re: Who was responsible..........

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    Oh my gosh, someone missed on a recruit, drop football immediately!

    JB had talent. Enough to beat multiple ranked opponents. Just not consistent enough to win regularly.
    He may have been more consistent if the team had been more consistent.


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 124,820, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,654
    Points
    124,820
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 135
    Given: 57

    Re: Who was responsible..........

    Tom Herman has done what as an offensive coordinator? During the Northwestern/OSU game Herbstreit was saying Meyer calls most of the plays.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 332,068, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    15,057
    Points
    332,068
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 763
    Given: 1,588

    Re: Who was responsible..........

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    Tom Herman has done what as an offensive coordinator? During the Northwestern/OSU game Herbstreit was saying Meyer calls most of the plays.
    Doesn't matter. He has a chance at getting a HC gig in the near future regardless, because of his connections to Meyer.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 124,820, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bondurant
    Posts
    7,654
    Points
    124,820
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 135
    Given: 57

    Re: Who was responsible..........

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    Doesn't matter. He has a chance at getting a HC gig in the near future regardless, because of his connections to Meyer.
    That doesnt make him a good coordinator or HC.



  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 142,588, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    theantiAIRBHG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Hiawatha, IA
    Posts
    7,550
    Points
    142,588
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 567
    Given: 576

    Re: Who was responsible..........

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    That doesnt make him a good coordinator or HC.
    when did did he say it did?



    Follow me on Twitter: @theantiAIRBHG

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM