Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 1

Twitter. Seriously?

I tend to follow potential recruits on twitter. Not to tweet at them, but to maybe see them tweet about their favorites and about how visits went etc. For example, lookin at twitter before I pass out this early morning, I see Terrell clinksales has been retweeting some cyclone account who is very persistent in arguing with other schools fan about his recruitment. I can only assume he is retweeting it because he thinks it's comical. Like do people really think they are going to influence him one way or another via arguing with some ksu fan on twitter?

This account is not the only account that I notice consistently tweeting at potential recruits. Like everyday. I cannot be the only one here that thinks this is extremely creepy, can I?

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 71

Re: Twitter. Seriously?

I think its stupid too. A fan is not going to be successful convincing a recruit to go to one school over the other especially via twitter. It can only do harm when people do stupid stuff like this. Plus I'm pretty sure it is technically an NCAA violation because the fan is considered a "booster" of the school.

Last edited by CysRage; 10-29-2013 at 03:44 AM.
    ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

Pro
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,021
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 1

Ok you tell AJ Klien he is a creeper. I will just watch ;)

Pro
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 624
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 138
    Given: 276

Quote Originally Posted by IAStubborn View Post
    I'll bring the popcorn...

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 7

I never really got the point of twitter. Not trying to bash it... I just dont get it. Just seems like facebook only just the updates. Kind of seems like a stalkers haven for people who want to just follow peoples every move. Plus things seem to get blown out of proportion quite a bit whenever a recruit posts something... either positive or negative. Some things posted by recruits can be informative and promising. Unfortunately a good majority of things are blown out of proportion... gotta just take some of it at face value.

Addict
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 71

Quote Originally Posted by ISU_Clone_28 View Post
    I never really got the point of twitter. Not trying to bash it... I just dont get it. Just seems like facebook only just the updates. Kind of seems like a stalkers haven for people who want to just follow peoples every move. Plus things seem to get blown out of proportion quite a bit whenever a recruit posts something... either positive or negative. Some things posted by recruits can be informative and promising. Unfortunately a good majority of things are blown out of proportion... gotta just take some of it at face value.
    I love twitter because I can get updates only from people I care about and news sources I care about. But it also gives anyone with an account the ability to communicate with anybody..even celebrities. Also the whole Vodka Sam thing is one reason why users of Twitter as well as all Social Media need to show responsibility because one stupid thing you post can go viral and change your life. Vodka Sam will be Vodka Sam forever since she posted all of her crap on twitter. Without twitter, she would have only been in the newspaper and the media wouldn't have blown it up nearly as much.

ďI told you, I donít care if youíre black or white. I donít care if youíre rich or poor. I donít care where you come from, whether itís Texas, Florida, California, or right here in the state of Iowa, I donít care about any of thatÖ But what I did care about is moving forward from that day on, that we were one team." -Paul Rhoads

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 805
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 111
    Given: 95

Quote Originally Posted by ISU_Clone_28 View Post
    If you want real time info without having to constantly refresh ESPN.com or be glued to CNN than get a Twitter account and follow the right people. If you want to know how your second cousins daughters 6 month birthday party went you can get on Facebook. I really don't understand how a sports fan doesn't utilize Twitter, that's where I get all my info, especially on ISU.

Addict
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,295
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 17

there are some cyclone fans that ive seen, fairly young from what it seems, that always tweet recruits. they need to realize these recruits are not their best friends and more often than not just make our fan base look weird. please stop sending them pictures of themselves with different filters on it/photoshopped.

#BEATIOWA

Addict
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 48

I would get twitter to follow recruits. However, you guys already follow everything and then post it. So I just watch for your twitter update posts. It's easier that way.

Nobody but HB knows for sure. You pretty much know nothing....like Knownothing would like to say.
    Word

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 7

I dont tweet at recruits or tweet period for that matter but following people and tweeting at them is kind of the point of twitter. If they didnt want to be tweeted they would make their accounts private or not have twitter at all. I can understand if its some high school or younger girl and they are trying to hook up with them but this is about football.

Starter
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 960
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 14

Quote Originally Posted by CyTwins View Post
    If you want real time info without having to constantly refresh ESPN.com or be glued to CNN than get a Twitter account and follow the right people. If you want to know how your second cousins daughters 6 month birthday party went you can get on Facebook. I really don't understand how a sports fan doesn't utilize Twitter, that's where I get all my info, especially on ISU.
    I had to stop following the Cardinals. During every game, I would get tweets every 30 seconds, and it gets annoying. I've hear the other MLB teams are the same. I use ESPN SportsCenter app for scores of all my favorite teams now.

Addict
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 111

Quote Originally Posted by IAStubborn View Post
    I think even the most hardcore Twitter defender would have to admit that a former star player tweeting at a recruit is not the same thing as Joe Schmoe in section G who spends to much time obsessing over recruiting.

All-Star
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 807
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by urb1 View Post
    I had to stop following the Cardinals. During every game, I would get tweets every 30 seconds, and it gets annoying. I've hear the other MLB teams are the same. I use ESPN SportsCenter app for scores of all my favorite teams now.
    Well, they are birds. They chirp a lot more than other creatures.

Legend
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 106
    Given: 321

I understand the value of twitter but I have never bothered to start an account. As far as recruits go... sure it is a bit strange that adults would spend so much time stalking teenage football players online. That being said... people need to remember that some of these kids are attention whores. I am sure there are plenty of recruits who absolutely love the attention as it feeds their ego.

All-Star
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 815
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 4

I don't have any issue with people tweeting at recruits offering a congrats on a game or just to tell them how interested ISU Is in them, but it's gone to far with Clinkscales. The recruiting twitter for ISU come off as extremely desperate. Plus arguing with other schools fans while mentioning Clinkscales look stupid.