Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 8

Re: Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by mt85 View Post
    What is with this fanbase? We still have five games left. Can you at least let them play the games before you conclude what the record will be?
    Agreed. I think we win one more. In fairness to the post, we will be underdogs in 4 of the 5, double-digit underdogs in 2 of them.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 5

I think this is, in many ways, what has led to the frustration this year. There have been years in the past where the talent gap has been incredibly apparent. In the past, we've looked like we didn't belong on the same field as other teams. I think with this year's team, you see flashes of ability. You see guys like Wimberly, Brundage, George, etc. who can really play. However, for whatever reason, nothing has come together this year and the guys aren't being put in a position to succeed.

Pro
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,068
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Clonefan32 View Post
    I think this is, in many ways, what has led to the frustration this year. There have been years in the past where the talent gap has been incredibly apparent. In the past, we've looked like we didn't belong on the same field as other teams. I think with this year's team, you see flashes of ability. You see guys like Wimberly, Brundage, George, etc. who can really play. However, for whatever reason, nothing has come together this year and the guys aren't being put in a position to succeed.
    Coaching?

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 5

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYGREG View Post
    Coaching?
    That's what I was hinting at. I think it's vital for CPR to do something about the offensive side of the ball. I don't think it makes a ton of sense to minimize his accomplishments based on a year where the main issues are easy to define (young, inexperienced defense that's on the field too much, bad playcalling, bad QB play). The man has been successful and his given Iowa State more exposure than any previous coach. People now try to say "oh, we just bought season tickets because they shoved the 'hope' argument down on throats." I think we've seen attendance at an all time high because games are exciting again and you get the sense you can win any Saturday. To minimize how far the program has come in the past 4 years is ridiculous.

The issue becomes what he is willing to do to fix the problems that have came up this year. If he does nothing and conintues to struggle, he will lose alot of built up goodwill.

All-Star
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    Comparing one terrible era to the currently time period does not alleviate what is occurring.

Terrible coaching and underachieving with 1 winning season. It is what it is. CPR is lucky he is coaching at ISU. Heads would be rolling anywhere else. I hope he does succeed next year.
    This^^^! If we are going to give credit where credit is due.....then Walden gets credit for beating OU in Norman. They were not the Bob Stoops version of OU.......but on the flipside, NU in 09' was hardly the Tom Osborne version Walden had to face. Which he beat with Marv Seiler at QB. As for bowls, like people have mentioned the qualifications were much more difficult then, so it's not comparable.