Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranRecommendation Second Class

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 10

Re: Did anyone listen to Coach's Corner this morning?

ISU the only 1-6 team not calling for its coaches head this morning according to Tim Fisher

Addict
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 2

Quote Originally Posted by UNIGuy4Cy View Post
    ISU the only 1-6 team not calling for its coaches head this morning according to Tim Fisher

I bet they are loving every minute...since almost all of the morning show does the Hawk radio call-in show.

We are the laughing stock in the state.

Carrying the banner for ISU.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 121

Observations of the game.

The playcalling was improved.
    The oline looked much better.
    A lot of our db backfield had a hard time tackling. They fell down a lot on our nice turf too.
    The wind meant our two qbs and their qb threw duck balls into the wind.
    The penalties are starting to look ridiculous.
    We should have three times as many interceptions by now.
    The coaching staff is looking frazzled. How many buses do you have to throw players under.
    Last year we had AJ and Jake lead the team, this year we are looking for the leaders.
    Our running backs could not punch their way out of a paperbag at this point.
    Receivers need to be better catchers and help out our qbs.
    What did you see?

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Pro
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 642
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 40

There does not seem to be an Offensive Coach capable or enabled to fix the Offense. Oklahoma State was better prepared and better Coached. Randy Peterson has an article on the lack of adjustments and Shontrelle Johnson had a quote on how they could not match OSU's adjustments.

The Offensive Line looked better so credit Kleinakis with them looking like they belonged on the field. The WR's were dropping well thrown balls on critical downs. The Running backs had an OK day.

The Defense tackled poorly and the refs made sure to get the secondary to play tentative on that phantom PI call on Tribune.

There is a belief that ISU's players cannot compete at this level, and I think in part the penalties on the D are reflective of that attitude in the refs. If their guy cannot make the play we must have interfered or held.

I don't believe that the talent gap is that big. At Texas Tech Sam Richardson and Quenton Bundrage are having huge years right now. It's great to have weapons, but if you do not know how to utilize them you are in a world of hurt.

I have to believe that Paul has no confidence in his other Coaches to keep Messingham at OC. Mess doesn't have much to say but to use the excuse of injuries and poor play to explain why his Offense is one of the worst in the Country.

IMO Paul needs to ante up and find a BCS level Coordinator in the off season. Doesn't have to be Mangino, but you need someone that can compete at this level.

"I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice."

-Humpty

Addict
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 194

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Rhoads is not presenting to a board of investors. He is doing a TV interview. You don't go into nearly the level of detail and specifics when you do a short TV interview versus a formal presentation to a board of directors. I can guarantee you Rhoads and the entire staff (including Mess!) goes into more specifics during their team meetings.

I was just getting ready to make this point. You can't compare what someone says in a quick media interview to what he says to a board/coaches/AD in private.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,194
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 4

Wow...this about says it all I think. This does not scream of an offense that has a lot of confidence in what they are doing. From DM register article, quote by SJ

“Not to point any fingers or anything, (but) I think we could have done a better job recognizing what they were doing to prevent us from moving the ball,” Johnson said. “It wasn’t a problem moving the ball in the second quarter.”

All-Star
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by twistedredbird View Post
    I guess I didn't have high expectations this season with us loosing so many starters from last year. I thought we would probably win a few more than we have though.

I will also say that we have been very unlucky this year with certain calls and situations as well.

Rhoads has done so much for this program, he is allowed to make a few mistakes. The biggest one was promoting Messingham, and that needs to be rectified the day after our last game this season.
    I'm wondering if Coach K was brought in to be a possible replacement for Mess. Give him a year to work with the Oline, see how Mess does, and if it doesn't work put in Coach K who is the mastermind behind the pistol.

With that being said I'm not sure I'm not sure we have the right personnel to run the Pistol.

And what do you expect CPR to say. He can only pump so much sunshine and I'm sure he's a heck of a lot more beat up then the rest of us. Programs like ours which was left in terrible shape takes a lot of time and patience to build up.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Palmer View Post
    I bet they are loving every minute...since almost all of the morning show does the Hawk radio call-in show.

We are the laughing stock in the state.
    Who cares? I care very little about what other people think of the school and team I cheer for.

When we win 7 games the Hawk fans talk down to us. When we win 1 game the Hawk fans talk down to us. Who give a flying **** if they are laughing at us right now?

Rookie
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 2

SJ better clam up and get back to watching sports center highlights. That's how you improve offensive production!

Quote Originally Posted by cyatheart View Post
    Wow...this about says it all I think. This does not scream of an offense that has a lot of confidence in what they are doing. From DM register article, quote by SJ

“Not to point any fingers or anything, (but) I think we could have done a better job recognizing what they were doing to prevent us from moving the ball,” Johnson said. “It wasn’t a problem moving the ball in the second quarter.”

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Yes. Strength and conditioning play a factor. I'm not sold on Yancy either. We are getting physically manhandled on both sides of the line of scrimmage. When you get over powered play after play, you get injured more often.

With that being said, QB is probably the most valuable position on the team. Those that were fortunate to have witnessed Seneca Wallace know that.

So, it is critical to keep your QB as healthy as can be throughout a season. Running him half the time isn't going to accomplish that. SR was by far our leading rusher in game one against UNI, and he took a total beating doing it. By the end of that game, he was damaged goods for the rest of the season with a bad ankle among other injuries.

But yet, our offensive system demanded of Sam that he continue to take a pounding game after game after game ever since UNI. It's just stupid IMO.

Look at Jake Rudock over in IC. He's barely been touched all year. He's healthy as a horse. His confidence grows each and every game, while ours goes in the tank because they are running half of our running plays and nearly getting their head taken off. Look at Baylor and TT. Highly prolific offenses, but their QB's aren't asked to run like ours is. Give the ball to guys that know how to run the ball and can take the hits.

I'm sorry, this zone read option crap is BS IMO. Some teams seem to be able to pull it off because they basically have RB's playing QB. Ohio State comes to mind with Braxton Miller. Sam Richardson and Grant Rohach are no Braxton Miller. If we want to run the zone read option, then just put Lanning and Hodge in there. Heck, we don't throw down the field anyway, so why not?
    Man I hate 51 yard run plays with our QB!!

Pro
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 38

I agree with CPR. I can't think of one aspect of the team where I say, "Yeah, they're doing their job right."

I guess Kirby is, that is the only position I don't have issue with.