Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 31,614, Level: 54
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 336
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    isuforlife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,617
    Points
    31,614
    Level
    54
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 16
    Given: 62

    how many schools keep a coach

    with the record Rhoads has?



  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 846,213, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    53,747
    Points
    846,213
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 565
    Given: 529

    Re: how many schools keep a coach

    How many schools have our overall record?

    For our tradition, his record isn't bad.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  3. #3
    Walk On
    Points: 1,739, Level: 11
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Western Nebraska
    Posts
    183
    Points
    1,739
    Level
    11
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: how many schools keep a coach

    We aren't OU or Texas. Honestly, if next year is like this, maybe we look at other options. But don't forget, even with this year, he has gone bowling in 3/5 years... that would be a vast improvement over the majority of our history. Next year, youth won't be an excuse, so if we go 2-10 next year, sure we might leave him.

    Just don't forget who we are. We have a long way to go before we can expect another good coach to roll into town. Even K-State, with the vast success of Snyder, had trouble replacing him with another coach that was high quality, until he came back. We might want more, but ISU is a tough, tough place to coach, and it's not a dream destination for a lot of coaches... and it won't help the program to get in another hotshot coordinator (like Chizik) who comes in for 2/3 years and finds a better job, and continue that... we need some measure of stability.

    Right now, Rhoads is the better than anyone we could expect to hire, and he's earned at least one more year... it would be a shame to lose an otherwise good, committed coach over one down year and have nothing better to replace him with (and lets be honest, until this year, news that Rhoads left for another job would but this whole site on suicide watch).




    "There's always some guy that knows what the hell's going on. I get a kick out of how much of an authority these guys are, who have never been to my practices. That amazes me, how they can tell me what's wrong with my team. And I must really be dumb, because I'm there every day and goddamn I have a hard time figuring it out sometimes."-Johnny Orr

  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 40,553, Level: 62
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,097
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    pourcyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,049
    Points
    40,553
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 73

    Re: how many schools keep a coach

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneinpdx View Post
    We aren't OU or Texas. Honestly, if next year is like this, maybe we look at other options. But don't forget, even with this year, he has gone bowling in 3/5 years... that would be a vast improvement over the majority of our history. Next year, youth won't be an excuse, so if we go 2-10 next year, sure we might leave him.

    Just don't forget who we are. We have a long way to go before we can expect another good coach to roll into town. Even K-State, with the vast success of Snyder, had trouble replacing him with another coach that was high quality, until he came back. We might want more, but ISU is a tough, tough place to coach, and it's not a dream destination for a lot of coaches... and it won't help the program to get in another hotshot coordinator (like Chizik) who comes in for 2/3 years and finds a better job, and continue that... we need some measure of stability.

    Right now, Rhoads is the better than anyone we could expect to hire, and he's earned at least one more year... it would be a shame to lose an otherwise good, committed coach over one down year and have nothing better to replace him with (and lets be honest, until this year, news that Rhoads left for another job would but this whole site on suicide watch).
    You tell 'em, Coach!



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 381,184, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    55,603
    Points
    381,184
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 153
    Given: 124

    Re: how many schools keep a coach

    Will we see a home win this year?


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 170,857, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,243
    Points
    170,857
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 0

    Re: how many schools keep a coach

    Quote Originally Posted by isuforlife View Post
    with the record Rhoads has?
    All of them do when they are in our financial situation and still owe their coach as much as we do to Rhoads.

    How many times does it need to be said that ISU cannot afford to fire Rhoads. It isn't going to happen. It can't happen. Financially, it c-a-n-n-o-t happen.

    The best we can hope for is to get rid of a bunch of assistants. But I'm doubtful if we'll even see that? Rhoads is pretty darn stubborn and comfy with his friends underneath him I'm afraid.



  7. #7
    Walk On
    Points: 1,739, Level: 11
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Western Nebraska
    Posts
    183
    Points
    1,739
    Level
    11
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: how many schools keep a coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Will we see a home win this year?
    We get Kansas and TCU at home, we should beat KU and TCU is not a team we should be afraid of at home, even in our current state.




    "There's always some guy that knows what the hell's going on. I get a kick out of how much of an authority these guys are, who have never been to my practices. That amazes me, how they can tell me what's wrong with my team. And I must really be dumb, because I'm there every day and goddamn I have a hard time figuring it out sometimes."-Johnny Orr

  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 9,141, Level: 28
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    660
    Points
    9,141
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: how many schools keep a coach

    For our next coach, I hope we take a young guy. Someone who knows a lot about the game, but just hasn't been given an opportunity. I would take a young unknown guy right now over what we currently have. Let him hire some young up and coming assistants, too.

    CPR feels stale to me, already.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 426,301, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,654
    Points
    426,301
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 1

    Re: how many schools keep a coach

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    All of them do when they are in our financial situation and still owe their coach as much as we do to Rhoads.

    How many times does it need to be said that ISU cannot afford to fire Rhoads. It isn't going to happen. It can't happen. Financially, it c-a-n-n-o-t happen.

    The best we can hope for is to get rid of a bunch of assistants. But I'm doubtful if we'll even see that? Rhoads is pretty darn stubborn and comfy with his friends underneath him I'm afraid.
    I ******* hate when clonedude is right.



  10. #10
    Walk On
    Points: 1,739, Level: 11
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Western Nebraska
    Posts
    183
    Points
    1,739
    Level
    11
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: how many schools keep a coach

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    For our next coach, I hope we take a young guy. Someone who knows a lot about the game, but just hasn't been given an opportunity. I would take a young unknown guy right now over what we currently have. Let him hire some young up and coming assistants, too.

    CPR feels stale to me, already.
    You mean like Chizik? That one really worked well for us. We should do that again. How exactly do you plan to keep the young unproven guy here if he starts to succeed? He'll get snapped up by a 'big' program no time.




    "There's always some guy that knows what the hell's going on. I get a kick out of how much of an authority these guys are, who have never been to my practices. That amazes me, how they can tell me what's wrong with my team. And I must really be dumb, because I'm there every day and goddamn I have a hard time figuring it out sometimes."-Johnny Orr

  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 426,301, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,654
    Points
    426,301
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 1

    Re: how many schools keep a coach

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneinpdx View Post
    You mean like Chizik? That one really worked well for us. We should do that again. How exactly do you plan to keep the young unproven guy here if he starts to succeed? He'll get snapped up by a 'big' program no time.
    I would LOVE to lose a coach because they were too successful here.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 846,213, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    53,747
    Points
    846,213
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 565
    Given: 529

    Re: how many schools keep a coach

    Quote Originally Posted by IcSyU View Post
    I would LOVE to lose a coach because they were too successful here.
    Me, too. I'm willing to deal with that problem.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 9,141, Level: 28
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 209
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    660
    Points
    9,141
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 0

    Re: how many schools keep a coach

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    All of them do when they are in our financial situation and still owe their coach as much as we do to Rhoads.

    How many times does it need to be said that ISU cannot afford to fire Rhoads. It isn't going to happen. It can't happen. Financially, it c-a-n-n-o-t happen.

    The best we can hope for is to get rid of a bunch of assistants. But I'm doubtful if we'll even see that? Rhoads is pretty darn stubborn and comfy with his friends underneath him I'm afraid.

    This is 100% Pollard's fault and he should be held accountable for it.

    CPR wasn't going anywhere and hadn't done anything to warrant an extension as long and as rich as he received. He should've learned something from the college S and E of here.

    We're paying $2 million per win, so far this year.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 426,301, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    23,654
    Points
    426,301
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 41
    Given: 1

    Re: how many schools keep a coach

    Quote Originally Posted by CycloneErik View Post
    Me, too. I'm willing to deal with that problem.
    "I see it looks like you have ridiculous offensive stats on NCAA Football 2003. Congratulations CycloneErik, we'd love to trot you out on Saturdays to represent Iowa State University as the Head Football Coach."



  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 177,739, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Aclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, Ia.
    Posts
    12,468
    Points
    177,739
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 112

    Re: how many schools keep a coach

    Dear heavens. I should have known better than to log in on a Meltdown Saturday...




    Paul Rhoads' players never quit.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM