Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 743,816, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    15,373
    Points
    743,816
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 57

  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 34,810, Level: 57
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 640
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Bewilderme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,420
    Points
    34,810
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29
    Given: 18

    Re: Ejim embraces ISU's tough non-conference slate

    “We are looking at it a little bit differently because these are great teams and we want to win. In order to win, you have to focus and make sure you are doing things the right way.”


    'Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius-and a lot of courage-to move in the opposite direction.'
    -Einstein

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 274,427, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,333
    Points
    274,427
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 7

    Re: Ejim embraces ISU's tough non-conference slate

    Hopefully these non-conference schedules become the norm and not the softies we've seen the past 2 years.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 92,235, Level: 94
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 915
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cyclones500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,461
    Points
    92,235
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 77
    Given: 199

    Re: Ejim embraces ISU's tough non-conference slate

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Hopefully these non-conference schedules become the norm and not the softies we've seen the past 2 years.
    If the team continues to get into the tournament with regularity, high-level conference finishes and wins against prominent programs that create a buzz, opportunities will follow for steady challenge in non-conference.

    We're not going to see Duke or UCLA at Hilton in the short-term, for example, but (1) it may draw better early-season tournament invitations and (2) it's more likely to draw interest from legit programs to see ISU as worthy opponent for home-and-home or neutral dates. Schedule strength can feed off itself and evolve.



  5. #5
    Legend
    Points: 280,134, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registeredOverdriveCreated Album pictures
    IHavNoCyCash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,695
    Points
    280,134
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 62
    Given: 126

    Re: Ejim embraces ISU's tough non-conference slate

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclones500 View Post
    If the team continues to get into the tournament with regularity, high-level conference finishes and wins against prominent programs that create a buzz, opportunities will follow for steady challenge in non-conference. We're not going to see Duke or UCLA at Hilton in the short-term, for example, but (1) it may draw better early-season tournament invitations and (2) it's more likely to draw interest from legit programs to see ISU as worthy opponent for home-and-home or neutral dates. Schedule strength can feed off itself and evolve.
    The better ISU is, the more opportunities come. An idea that was brought up on the podcast by Katz that I would love to see is that there would be exhibition games like the NBA. So instead of closed practices, ISU would play Illinois, Nebraska, Creighton, etc. in actual games but in the preseason. ISU could then get young players better experience and the fans could see how good the team is.What do others think? I think that would be awesome to see.


    Fred's Fanatics- Member
    Fans of Fred Hoiberg and the 2013-2014 Iowa State Cyclones. Copy and Paste to Join.

    Denver Broncos fan: 13-3 Super Bowl Losers :(
    Arsenal Fan: 4th place
    Iowa St: 28-8 Big 12 Tourney Champs!!!! Sweet 16

  6. #6
    Publisher
    Points: 743,816, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    15,373
    Points
    743,816
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 164
    Given: 57

    Re: Ejim embraces ISU's tough non-conference slate

    Bumping this for the AM crowd



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 67,871, Level: 80
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    6,299
    Points
    67,871
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 61

    Re: Ejim embraces ISU's tough non-conference slate

    Quote Originally Posted by IHavNoCyCash View Post
    The better ISU is, the more opportunities come. An idea that was brought up on the podcast by Katz that I would love to see is that there would be exhibition games like the NBA. So instead of closed practices, ISU would play Illinois, Nebraska, Creighton, etc. in actual games but in the preseason. ISU could then get young players better experience and the fans could see how good the team is.What do others think? I think that would be awesome to see.
    I'd eat it all up.



  8. #8
    Starter
    Points: 8,434, Level: 27
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    746
    Points
    8,434
    Level
    27
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 27
    Given: 75

    Re: Ejim embraces ISU's tough non-conference slate

    Quote Originally Posted by Bewilderme View Post
    “We are looking at it a little bit differently because these are great teams and we want to win. In order to win, you have to focus and make sure you are doing things the right way.”
    LOL! Love Ejim trolling the Crows.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM