Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 40,615, Level: 62
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,035
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CyTwins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,545
    Points
    40,615
    Level
    62
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 354
    Given: 288

    Iowa State's Hoiberg believes Kane is able


  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 239,722, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    klamath632's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,818
    Points
    239,722
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 389
    Given: 275

    Re: Iowa State's Hoiberg believes Kane is able

    STARTING DEFENSE!
    A PLACE AT THE TABLE!


    Quote Originally Posted by John F. Kennedy
    not because they are easy, but because they are hard ... because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win....

  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 315,122, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bawbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    18,272
    Points
    315,122
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 473
    Given: 1,126

    Re: Iowa State's Hoiberg believes Kane is able

    Can this be the last Cain/Abel reference of the season? Please?



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 37,068, Level: 59
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    wonkadog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    3,369
    Points
    37,068
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 96

    Re: Iowa State's Hoiberg believes Kane is able

    Great article, how can you not be excited about the season after reading that??


    "It's appropriate for leaders sometimes to move boldly against the flow of public opinion," she said. "That's called leadership." --- Sarah Swisher (D), Superdelegate, Iowa City

  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 85,732, Level: 91
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,718
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Incyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,810
    Points
    85,732
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 174
    Given: 48

    Re: Iowa State's Hoiberg believes Kane is able

    I'll read it just for the Biblical pun.


    “Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals. They are complementary.”

    Martin Luther King Jr.

  6. #6
    Walk On
    Points: 6,682, Level: 24
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 368
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    50021
    Posts
    176
    Points
    6,682
    Level
    24
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: Iowa State's Hoiberg believes Kane is able

    I <3 Fred



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 315,122, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bawbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    18,272
    Points
    315,122
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 473
    Given: 1,126

    Re: Iowa State's Hoiberg believes Kane is able

    Hoiberg said JUCO transfer Dustin Hogue has been a factor with his ability to rebound at 6-6 and will give the Cyclones the ability "to go small" because he can slide down to power forward.
    I find this funny. The 6'6" Hogue replacing the (barely) 6'6" Ejim is "going small".



  8. #8
    Legend
    Points: 386,404, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    bos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    23,684
    Points
    386,404
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 482
    Given: 323

    Re: Iowa State's Hoiberg believes Kane is able

    Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    Can this be the last Cain/Abel reference of the season? Please?

    It wont be. Just wait until the announcers run with it during games.



  9. #9
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 71,827, Level: 83
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,323
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    4,988
    Points
    71,827
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 48
    Given: 80

    Re: Iowa State's Hoiberg believes Kane is able

    Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    Can this be the last Cain/Abel reference of the season? Please?
    It was the first i've seen and thought it was catchy- have there been more?. but i get your point, it will get old fast



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 24,747, Level: 48
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 803
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    kentkel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Grinnell
    Posts
    1,106
    Points
    24,747
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 212

    Re: Iowa State's Hoiberg believes Kane is able

    So what the title of the article tells us is that he has no killer instinct. That can't be good.


    Utah Utes, Illinois Illini. The University of Pennsylvania thought about following this pattern by calling themselves the Pennsylvania Pencils. However, they were afraid their students would start chanting "We're No. 2"

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 37,068, Level: 59
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 782
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    wonkadog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    3,369
    Points
    37,068
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 74
    Given: 96

    Re: Iowa State's Hoiberg believes Kane is able

    Quote Originally Posted by Go2Guy View Post
    It was the first i've seen and thought it was catchy- have there been more?. but i get your point, it will get old fast
    It's just bawbie's hatred for anything biblical, don't worry about it.


    "It's appropriate for leaders sometimes to move boldly against the flow of public opinion," she said. "That's called leadership." --- Sarah Swisher (D), Superdelegate, Iowa City

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 239,722, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    klamath632's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,818
    Points
    239,722
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 389
    Given: 275

    Re: Iowa State's Hoiberg believes Kane is able

    Quote Originally Posted by wonkadog View Post
    It's just bawbie's hatred for anything biblical, don't worry about it.
    ...


    Quote Originally Posted by John F. Kennedy
    not because they are easy, but because they are hard ... because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win....

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 315,122, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bawbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    18,272
    Points
    315,122
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 473
    Given: 1,126

    Re: Iowa State's Hoiberg believes Kane is able

    Quote Originally Posted by wonkadog View Post
    It's just bawbie's hatred for anything biblical, don't worry about it.
    Whaaaa??!!??!!??!!



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 72,784, Level: 83
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    6,684
    Points
    72,784
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 191
    Given: 210

    Re: Iowa State's Hoiberg believes Kane is able

    Quote Originally Posted by bawbie View Post
    I find this funny. The 6'6" Hogue replacing the (barely) 6'6" Ejim is "going small".
    I read "slide down" as Hogue starting and moving to the 4/5 when Ejim is out and bringing in a smaller guard. Good to see our top 100's seem to be ready to contribute early, just put MT on their worst offensive player.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 315,122, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    bawbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    18,272
    Points
    315,122
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 473
    Given: 1,126

    Re: Iowa State's Hoiberg believes Kane is able

    Quote Originally Posted by NATEizKING View Post
    I read "slide down" as Hogue starting and moving to the 4/5 when Ejim is out and bringing in a smaller guard. Good to see our top 100's seem to be ready to contribute early, just put MT on their worst offensive player.
    That's a good point, I didn't think of that.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. Kansas State
  • September 6, 2014
  • 11:00 AM