Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Publisher
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,159
    Given: 310

Prospect
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Re: PODCAST: Talking Texas Tech, the Big 12 & more

Nice, listened to the whole thing.

Brent Blum apparently thinks we'll only have 40k in the stands for the Iowa State game. I can't even remember the last time our attendance was that low. We set a stadium record a few weeks ago with 60k against Texas State. You think we won't have a big crowd for ISU? You're nuts, buddy!

I understand picking your team to win, and your reasons are sound, but I really don't understand the need to take every backhanded shot you can at our team at our fans. Our media guys certainly never do that to Iowa State, or even come close.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, and I hope I don't get banned, I just don't understand it.

Last edited by RaiderMacht; 10-07-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Legend
    Overall activity: 98.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,486
    Given: 1,187

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMacht View Post

Brent Blum apparently thinks we'll only have 40k in the stands for the Iowa State game. I can't even remember the last time our attendance was that low. We set a stadium record a few weeks ago with 60k against Texas State. You think we won't have a big crowd for ISU? You're nuts, buddy! I especially enjoyed the classy "those people have no lives" comment.

I understand picking your team to win, and your reasons are sound, but I really don't understand the need to take every backhanded shot you can at our team at our fans. Our media guys certainly never do that to Iowa State, or even come close.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, and I hope I don't get banned, I just don't understand it.
    Probably because last time we played in Lubbock it was a ghost town at halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Football is just a stupid game. Who cares who has the better football team. It's just a game.

Prospect
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by CyArob View Post
    Probably because last time we played in Lubbock it was a ghost town at halftime.
    Fair enough, but he's not talking about halftime attendance now, is he?

Addict
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 244

sweet - another podcast. I'll listen to this right away at work tomorrow.

Prospect
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Don't get me wrong, I only had a small gripe about the whole podcast. I was going to listen to just the Tech part but I ended up listening to the whole thing and I enjoyed it.

Addict
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 133
    Given: 244

Brent Blum apparently thinks we'll only have 40k in the stands for the Iowa State game. I can't even remember the last time our attendance was that low. We set a stadium record a few weeks ago with 60k against Texas State. You think we won't have a big crowd for ISU? You're nuts, buddy! I especially enjoyed the classy "those people have no lives" comment.

haven't listened yet, but maybe Brent is just trying to get back for the TTech paper writers (or whoever they were) picking ISU 9th or 10th in the league this year. I'll try to find it, or maybe someone else will post it for me...

Brett Blume
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 206
    Given: 165

First off, appreciate you listening.

I (Brent) said they would get 50k or more. Iowa State isn't a huge draw and it is an early start. But yes, I do think you have a dedicated and passionate fan base. Much better than Baylor's.

Twitter.com/brentblum

Prospect
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by brentblum View Post
    First off, appreciate you listening.

I (Brent) said they would get 50k or more. Iowa State isn't a huge draw and it is an early start. But yes, I do think you have a dedicated and passionate fan base. Much better than Baylor's.
    I might have misheard you, my fault. You're going to be surprised, I think ISU will be a sellout. Texas State is a terrible draw and it sold out. Don't take my griping the wrong way, I liked the podcast. It's much better than having to listen to The Horn every day like I do (ugh).

Brett Blume
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 206
    Given: 165

I might have misheard you, my fault. You're going to be surprised, I think ISU will be a sellout. Texas State is a terrible draw and it sold out. Don't take my griping the wrong way, I liked the podcast. It's much better than having to listen to The Horn every day like I do (ugh).
    No worries! I'm looking forward to the trip to Lubbock, love Jones stadium. And some of the best restaurants in the Big 12.

Twitter.com/brentblum

Walk On
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 296
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3

Brent Blum apparently thinks we'll only have 40k in the stands for the Iowa State game. I can't even remember the last time our attendance was that low. We set a stadium record a few weeks ago with 60k against Texas State. You think we won't have a big crowd for ISU? You're nuts, buddy!

With a 11:00a.m. game against Iowa State I'm not sure it will be a sellout. There will be more than 50K, but I don't think we're breaking any attendance records like we did against TCU.

I think my favorite parts of the podcast were the central Iowa people saying that Lubbock people have no life and that Texas is better than Texas Tech.

I'm not sure why people in Central Iowa(Ames 60,000ish) are taking shots about the people in Lubbock(250,000ish) having no life. Granted, I never get the whole "our college town is better than your college town" arguments that inevitably come up every year vs. every opponent.

Lubbock is no Austin, but it's a metropolis compared to Ames.

I don't really have a problem with them picking ISU to win. It should be a good game, and there are a lot of variables that are in Iowa State's favor. I expect ISU to come in and be more focused early. Rhoads will have them fired up and they usually execute their game plan well against Tech.

Tech's defense is a lot better than their fans realize though. I think it hinges a lot on the QB. If Davis Webb gets the start and just starts throwing up prayers, Tech is going to have to overcome a lot of turnovers. No one has a clue what happens if Michael Brewer gets the start. Should be fun. Have a lot of respect for Rhoads, and hope the Cyclone fans that make the trip have a good time in Lubbock.

Publisher
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up

First of all, I think it was me who threw out the 45-50 K number. I simply asked Brent because I've never been to Lubbock and he has. Thanks for your clarification.

If it came off as us "taking every backhanded shot" possible at Tech, we certainly didn't mean for it to be that way. In our podcast, we are just a couple of guys chatting. This podcast is aimed to entertain Iowa State fans (this is CycloneFANATIC.COM) so from the opposition's standpoint, I can see why you might be rubbed the wrong way and for that, I sincerely apologize.

Ever since I got back from Dallas (media day), I thought that Tech would be a sleeper in the league this year. Kingsbury and the boys have done nothing to make anybody think any differently. He's a hell of a coach - a guy who I think has a lot of similarities to Fred Hoiberg and the Iowa State hoops program. That's a great compliment by the way.

And of course you won't get banned for this. We all have a right to disagree with one another. Best of luck on Saturday.

Publisher
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by ttuadvisor View Post
    Tech's defense is a lot better than their fans realize though.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Addict
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 744
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 349
    Given: 555

I didn't know TTU was a real team until now. Thought they were 1AA.

Addict
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 99
    Given: 111

This years TT fans are way better then last years.