Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 121 to 131 of 131
  1. #121
    All-Star
    Points: 61,845, Level: 77
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,405
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    SenorCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    C.J.
    Posts
    1,519
    Points
    61,845
    Level
    77
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 102

    Re: Should Bubu appeal President Leath decision to the BOR?

    Quote Originally Posted by CHAKAZULU View Post
    This opinion published in the Ames Tribune thinks he should.

    Letter: Leath must reverse decision on Palo | Ames Tribune
    No.



  2. #122
    Rookie
    Points: 11,788, Level: 32
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    359
    Points
    11,788
    Level
    32
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 62

    Re: Should Bubu appeal President Leath decision to the BOR?

    I'm surprised by some people's willingness to believe someone who is known to have lied to police and created false evidence. I'm not saying what Bubu did was ok, but I guess I'm not sure how wrong it was. Sexual assault cases are extremely difficult to prove and when the alleged victim lies to police, she does harm to actual victims elsewhere.

    So tell me again how you know Bubu should be kicked off the team?



  3. #123
    Legend
    Points: 225,587, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    10,727
    Points
    225,587
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 809
    Given: 2,118

    Re: Should Bubu appeal President Leath decision to the BOR?

    Quote Originally Posted by LostinIowaCity View Post
    I'm surprised by some people's willingness to believe someone who is known to have lied to police and created false evidence. I'm not saying what Bubu did was ok, but I guess I'm not sure how wrong it was. Sexual assault cases are extremely difficult to prove and when the alleged victim lies to police, she does harm to actual victims elsewhere.

    So tell me again how you know Bubu should be kicked off the team?
    Well he should have avoided putting himself in a situation like this. But hopefully he learned from it, and will continue to receive his education. Nothing can be done now that Leath has made the last decision. I'll respect his decision because I'm sure he knows more then any of us on here combined.



  4. #124
    Prospect
    Points: 3,593, Level: 17
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 257
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    46
    Points
    3,593
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Re: Should Bubu appeal President Leath decision to the BOR?

    Quote Originally Posted by CyDude16 View Post
    Well he should have avoided putting himself in a situation like this. But hopefully he learned from it, and will continue to receive his education. Nothing can be done now that Leath has made the last decision. I'll respect his decision because I'm sure he knows more then any of us on here combined.
    You are wrong when you state that "Nothing can be done now that Leath has made the last decision" because any student or employee have the right to appeal to the Board of Regents a decision made against you by the university. If Bubu decides to appeal those 9 board members will review President Leath decision and take a vote (like at the supreme court) to confirm or overturn it.



  5. #125
    Speechless
    Points: 248,280, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Rabbuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    18,257
    Points
    248,280
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,675
    Given: 143

    Re: Should Bubu appeal President Leath decision to the BOR?

    I'm real surprised more of you haven't gotten in trouble with a shockingly bad misconception of what consensual sex is.



  6. #126
    Addict
    Points: 64,543, Level: 78
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyCloned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Robins, Iowa
    Posts
    5,455
    Points
    64,543
    Level
    78
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 427
    Given: 196

    Re: Should Bubu appeal President Leath decision to the BOR?

    I am going to say no. Feel bad that Bubu's career ended way, but clearly there must have been some evidence that made the president overturn the ruling. I suspect that there was enough evidence to dismiss him from the team, but not enough evidence for the legal system to have a reasonable chance to convict him, or the prosecutor in the case thought it was unwinnable because of the victim's falsified evidence.



  7. #127
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,656, Level: 86
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,694
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    3,621
    Points
    76,656
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 506
    Given: 0

    Re: Should Bubu appeal President Leath decision to the BOR?

    Quote Originally Posted by LostinIowaCity View Post
    I'm surprised by some people's willingness to believe someone who is known to have lied to police and created false evidence. I'm not saying what Bubu did was ok, but I guess I'm not sure how wrong it was. Sexual assault cases are extremely difficult to prove and when the alleged victim lies to police, she does harm to actual victims elsewhere.

    So tell me again how you know Bubu should be kicked off the team?
    I figure the judgement of the president of the university is sufficient for me.



  8. #128
    Legend
    Points: 225,587, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    CyDude16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Heads in the sky
    Posts
    10,727
    Points
    225,587
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 809
    Given: 2,118

    Re: Should Bubu appeal President Leath decision to the BOR?

    Quote Originally Posted by CHAKAZULU View Post
    You are wrong when you state that "Nothing can be done now that Leath has made the last decision" because any student or employee have the right to appeal to the Board of Regents a decision made against you by the university. If Bubu decides to appeal those 9 board members will review President Leath decision and take a vote (like at the supreme court) to confirm or overturn it.
    Like someone mentioned, its past the 20 day threshold to appeal Leath's decision.



  9. #129
    Speechless
    Points: 288,698, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    17,090
    Points
    288,698
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 522
    Given: 72

    Re: Should Bubu appeal President Leath decision to the BOR?

    Bubu Palo tells The Tribune he is appealing ISU president Steven Leath's decision to remove him from the men's basketball team. Story coming

    Should be interesting to see how this plays out.



  10. #130
    Addict
    Points: 144,551, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    7,566
    Points
    144,551
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,241
    Given: 1,106

    Re: Should Bubu appeal President Leath decision to the BOR?

    I don't think the decision will be reversed. FWIW someone I know close to the basketball team said that they were surprised when Bubu was allowed to play on the basketball team again last year.


    "The greatest risk in life is not taking one"

  11. #131
    Pro
    Points: 46,046, Level: 66
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 904
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,057
    Points
    46,046
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 136

    Re: Should Bubu appeal President Leath decision to the BOR?

    Quote Originally Posted by CysRage View Post
    I don't think the decision will be reversed. FWIW someone I know close to the basketball team said that they were surprised when Bubu was allowed to play on the basketball team again last year.
    Care to elaborate on why? Just because he was falsely accused of raping someone doesn't mean he shouldn't be on the basketball team.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM