Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 73
  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 4,947, Level: 20
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    68
    Points
    4,947
    Level
    20
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Recruit some posts already!

    Why won't Hoiberg recruit any actual post players? Next years class has visits from a SG and SF and commit from a PG. All 3 would be great! But we already have 4 SG and 2 SF returning. But only 1 Center and 2 PF returning. And only one of the posts has proven himself as a Big 12 caliber player. Normally I don't question Hoiberg but I'm afraid his obsession with perimeter players is going to hurt us down low. Gaurds are very important I get it, but so are big guys to protect the paint, rebound, and score down low.

    Is Hoiberg counting on getting a quality Juco or Transfer? Of is he highly recruiting a high school post player that we haven't heard as much about? And don't we only have 3 scholarships anyways?



  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 187,791, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranSocial
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    11,584
    Points
    187,791
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 539
    Given: 370

    Re: Recruit some posts already!

    Fail, did you miss the part where we had 2 posts visiting this last weekend?



  3. #3
    Pro
    Points: 43,171, Level: 64
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,079
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    mike4cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    2,598
    Points
    43,171
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 36
    Given: 0

    Re: Recruit some posts already!

    Is anyone really in a position to question what CFH is doing at this point? Trolling?


    --Luck of the Cyrish--






  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 26,449, Level: 49
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    southern iowa
    Posts
    2,731
    Points
    26,449
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 85
    Given: 233

    Re: Recruit some posts already!

    And the fact that the current offense revolves around the perimeter and involves players who can shoot and dribble, not to mention causes all kinds of match up difficulties. I'm guessing our future posts will be hybrid type guys, big enough to rebound and defend inside yet able to handle the ball and pass.


    Go Cyclones!!

  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 9,882, Level: 29
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Guetterdone1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    733
    Points
    9,882
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 114
    Given: 37

    Re: Recruit some posts already!

    does anyone realize that we haven't had a high school verbal commit in almost a year



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 35,150, Level: 57
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    abe2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    State Center, IA
    Posts
    1,320
    Points
    35,150
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 48

    Re: Recruit some posts already!

    Have you seen some of Missouri's teams in the past few years? Seemed to do ok without many post players. Plus we have Niang, what else do you need?



  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 29,713, Level: 52
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Fairfax, VA
    Posts
    1,671
    Points
    29,713
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 349
    Given: 50

    Re: Recruit some posts already!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydog04 View Post
    Why won't Hoiberg recruit any actual post players? Next years class has visits from a SG and SF and commit from a PG. All 3 would be great! But we already have 4 SG and 2 SF returning. But only 1 Center and 2 PF returning. And only one of the posts has proven himself as a Big 12 caliber player. Normally I don't question Hoiberg but I'm afraid his obsession with perimeter players is going to hurt us down low. Gaurds are very important I get it, but so are big guys to protect the paint, rebound, and score down low.

    Is Hoiberg counting on getting a quality Juco or Transfer? Of is he highly recruiting a high school post player that we haven't heard as much about? And don't we only have 3 scholarships anyways?
    I think we have two scholarships left. Next year we add a big, beefy guy in Abdel Nader. Hogue will play next year, too. In the 2015 class, we're chasing Diallo, Ellenson, and Illikainen. If we land one or two of them, we're more than set. We didn't get Johnson or Travis, so that's why we have nothing right now. It's not just as easy as jumping into the mix for the next big 4 or 5 after your two top targets string you along for a while with you thinking you may have a good shot at them.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 100,004, Level: 98
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,046
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    acgclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,323
    Points
    100,004
    Level
    98
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 626
    Given: 136

    Re: Recruit some posts already!

    Quote Originally Posted by abe2010 View Post
    Have you seen some of Missouri's teams in the past few years? Seemed to do ok without many post players. Plus we have Niang, what else do you need?
    They played with 4 guards really only one year (their last year in the B12 when they swept us), but last year they actually lacked guards.



  9. #9
    Starter
    Points: 9,876, Level: 29
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    750
    Points
    9,876
    Level
    29
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 43

    Re: Recruit some posts already!

    Name one true post player that hurt ISU last year.
    The best center in the league, Jeff Withey, was forced by ISU to leave the paint and guard the perimeter.

    If you honestly expect Hoiberg to start recruiting back to the basket, 7' post players, you obviously haven't been watching Hoi-ball very closely.



  10. #10
    All-Star
    Points: 17,795, Level: 40
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    WastedTalent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,591
    Points
    17,795
    Level
    40
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 320
    Given: 0

    Re: Recruit some posts already!

    Quote Originally Posted by Guetterdone1 View Post
    does anyone realize that we haven't had a high school verbal commit in almost a year
    Well it is basketball, so you're not gunna have a bunch of verbals through out the year.

    And i'm pretty sure were sitting on a couple big names. Fred's not gunna offer an avg kid just to get a verbal.



  11. #11
    All-Star
    Points: 35,150, Level: 57
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 300
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    abe2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    State Center, IA
    Posts
    1,320
    Points
    35,150
    Level
    57
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 48

    Re: Recruit some posts already!

    Quote Originally Posted by DSMCy View Post
    Name one true post player that hurt ISU last year.
    The best center in the league, Jeff Withey, was forced by ISU to leave the paint and guard the perimeter.

    If you honestly expect Hoiberg to start recruiting back to the basket, 7' post players, you obviously haven't been watching Hoi-ball very closely.



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 284,326, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    16,880
    Points
    284,326
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 365
    Given: 55

    Re: Recruit some posts already!

    Emailing Fred right now.



  13. #13
    Starter
    Points: 22,447, Level: 45
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Tri4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    612
    Points
    22,447
    Level
    45
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 213

    Re: Recruit some posts already!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cydog04 View Post
    Why won't Hoiberg recruit any actual post players? Next years class has visits from a SG and SF and commit from a PG. All 3 would be great! But we already have 4 SG and 2 SF returning. But only 1 Center and 2 PF returning. And only one of the posts has proven himself as a Big 12 caliber player. Normally I don't question Hoiberg but I'm afraid his obsession with perimeter players is going to hurt us down low. Gaurds are very important I get it, but so are big guys to protect the paint, rebound, and score down low.

    Is Hoiberg counting on getting a quality Juco or Transfer? Of is he highly recruiting a high school post player that we haven't heard as much about? And don't we only have 3 scholarships anyways?
    I'm guessing this is one post we all wish would decommit.


    "I'm not vain...I'm awesome" - Me

  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 39,914, Level: 61
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 436
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WDM
    Posts
    4,193
    Points
    39,914
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 47

    Re: Recruit some posts already!

    Quote Originally Posted by jay moe View Post
    And the fact that the current offense revolves around the perimeter and involves players who can shoot and dribble, not to mention causes all kinds of match up difficulties. I'm guessing our future posts will be hybrid type guys, big enough to rebound and defend inside yet able to handle the ball and pass.
    this, some fans just don't get it...smh



  15. #15
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 9,261, Level: 28
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Norwalk
    Posts
    263
    Points
    9,261
    Level
    28
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 14

    Re: Recruit some posts already!

    And per Travis Hines. They visited Henry Ellenson Yesterday so I'd say thats considered recruiting a big if I'm not mistaken?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • Iowa State vs. TCU
  • January 31, 2015
  • 01:00 PM