Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 104

Send Your Cyclone Stuff to ME!!!

For all the band-wagoners that have decided to jump off after a rough start to this season, feel free to send your Cyclone stuff to me. I will gladly take it and wear it proud. I know I don't have to click on the negative threads, but it is getting old. It seems that a halfway positive thread starts and then all the band-wagoners decide to take it to the most negative level possible. Even yesterday my wife got asked "You are still going to wear that shirt after this weekends game?" She said of course, I am a cyclone fan for the whole year not just Saturday.

Now I am done with my negativity/rant. I just ask for you to send your Cyclone stuff to me and I will gladly use it or find someone that wants to use it.

Cyclone Sports: The next best thing since MOTHER'S MILK!

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,975
    Given: 495

Re: Send Your Cyclone Stuff to ME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yler4cy View Post
    For all the band-wagoners that have decided to jump off after a rough start to this season, feel free to send your Cyclone stuff to me. I will gladly take it and wear it proud. I know I don't have to click on the negative threads, but it is getting old. It seems that a halfway positive thread starts and then all the band-wagoners decide to take it to the most negative level possible. Even yesterday my wife got asked "You are still going to wear that shirt after this weekends game?" She said of course, I am a cyclone fan for the whole year not just Saturday.

Now I am done with my negativity/rant. I just ask for you to send your Cyclone stuff to me and I will gladly use it or find someone that wants to use it.

You promised:

Pro
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10
    Given: 26

Where do I ship my I-State Boxers?

2009 FLHR - Vivid Black

I don't sweat the petty things,... I pet the sweaty things

Pro
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 913
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121
    Given: 5

Anyone that wants to get rid of their tickets can send them to me or burn them. I would rather sit at the games with a half empty stadium with people that want to have fun and support the Cyclones than a full stadium with a bunch of people *******' and moaning at the first sign of trouble.

All-Star
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 603
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 104

00Clone - I did say I will "find" someone to wear them as well. My wife probably wouldn't like me wearing those.

redrocker - Will they at least be laundered? I have to many in my stash right now with holes, so if they aren't your Sunday's best feel free to PM me and we can figure out a way to ship them.

Cyclone Sports: The next best thing since MOTHER'S MILK!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 442
    Given: 199

Quote Originally Posted by jtdoyle1 View Post
    Anyone that wants to get rid of their tickets can send them to me or burn them. I would rather sit at the games with a half empty stadium with people that want to have fun and support the Cyclones than a full stadium with a bunch of people *******' and moaning at the first sign of trouble.
    Hardly the 'first sign of trouble' though. Our offense has looked bad for the entire rhoads era.... and instead of doing something about it after year 3 when he was given the great opportunity to go in a new direction, Rhoads picked an underqualified assistant from within that failed program to lead that offense. Year 1 didnt look promising and year 2 looks positively awful so far. This isnt just a reaction to one or two games (though its certainly extremely concerning that we've lost 2 of our 4 easiest games, and that we very well could be staring anywhere from 0-12 to 2-10 in the face), but reaction to a long-term problem that hasnt been addressed.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 605
    Given: 389

Quote Originally Posted by redrocker View Post
    Where do I ship my I-State Boxers?
    Sounds like he wants to be Boxer Salvation U.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Starter
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 698
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37
    Given: 79

Quote Originally Posted by yler4cy View Post
    00Clone - I did say I will "find" someone to wear them as well. My wife probably wouldn't like me wearing those.

redrocker - Will they at least be laundered? I have to many in my stash right now with holes, so if they aren't your Sunday's best feel free to PM me and we can figure out a way to ship them.
    Laundered or not, they are likely could be called a pair of "quitters".

I'm not insinuating our team are a bunch of quitters, but their are enough holes in our team right now to draw comparrisons to an old pair of boxers that are beyond useful life.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Hardly the 'first sign of trouble' though. Our offense has looked bad for the entire rhoads era.... and instead of doing something about it after year 3 when he was given the great opportunity to go in a new direction, Rhoads picked an underqualified assistant from within that failed program to lead that offense. Year 1 didnt look promising and year 2 looks positively awful so far. This isnt just a reaction to one or two games (though its certainly extremely concerning that we've lost 2 of our 4 easiest games, and that we very well could be staring anywhere from 0-12 to 2-10 in the face), but reaction to a long-term problem that hasnt been addressed.

I'm just saying I look at college football as any other form of entertainment. I want to go and have fun and support the team. If you're not having fun or being entertained then don't come. If you want change then don't buy a ticket (speak with your wallet). I'm pretty sure that sitting in the stands and complaining will change nothing, but it will ruin the experience for those around you.

Imagine going to a concert for your favorite band and the person next you sits their and bashes them the whole time," They're too old, they don't sound as good as they used too, they are terrible." Wouldn't that ruin your experience? Why would someone just pay all that money just to come and complain and not have any fun?

Speechless
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 605
    Given: 389

Quote Originally Posted by jtdoyle1 View Post
    I'm just saying I look at college football as any other form of entertainment. I want to go and have fun and support the team. If you're not having fun or being entertained then don't come. If you want change then don't buy a ticket (speak with your wallet). I'm pretty sure that sitting in the stands and complaining will change nothing, but it will ruin the experience for those around you.

Imagine going to a concert for your favorite band and the person next you sits their and bashes them the whole time," They're too old, they don't sound as good as they used too, they are terrible." Wouldn't that ruin your experience? Why would someone just pay all that money just to come and complain and not have any fun?
    The people probably expected a win against UNI being FCS and a better game against a plodding Iowa team. The people probably expected a real offense this year with SR and a dependable running game. The people probably had some expectations of a minor bowl and those hopes have been basically cancelled. The people probably thought the first two home games would be more entertaining and yet there was little to cheer. The people probably believed we were going to win 4-6 games. The good news is we will be all the way to the end of Sep with only two losses.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

Pro
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    The people probably expected a win against UNI being FCS and a better game against a plodding Iowa team. The people probably expected a real offense this year with SR and a dependable running game. The people probably had some expectations of a minor bowl and those hopes have been basically cancelled. The people probably thought the first two home games would be more entertaining and yet there was little to cheer. The people probably believed we were going to win 4-6 games. The good news is we will be all the way to the end of Sep with only two losses.
    I'm not saying people shouldn't be disappointed, but if you're not entertained and you are just going to throw a tantrum and be negative then leave or don't come. Would you sit through a bad movie and waste your time or would you walk out?

For instance I went to Superman: Man of Steel when it came out. I was entertained by it but some old guy in front of me kept making loud comments like, "It's not like the comic book." or "Who is the guy with twisted mind that came up with this." It diminished the experience for everyone else around him.

Addict
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,469
    Given: 82

I show my disappointment in the offensive play calling because its been disappointing. I will still support Iowa State proudly and still wear my gear all of the time, but when we divest so much into the program, we expect it to make strides when we as fans have done what's been asked to help them make strides.

To go with the concert comparison, it's like going to your favorite band's concert with an opening act you've heard is good. The opening act comes out (our defense) and is good. Not great, but nobody told you they'd be great, so you're ok with it. Then the headliner that has been talked up all year (the offense) comes out and it ends up just being the original bassist and a bunch of the non-original band members. Yeah, I think I I have the right to be disappointed in that.