Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 2

Great college football story from this weekend

I hate on Nebraska pretty often but this story was great. Nebraska has been doing a lot of very classy things this past year (the TD run by the kid with terminal cancer) and now this. Its making it hard to truly hate Nebraska like I used too.

Link: Nebraska goes extra mile in honoring Nick Pasquale

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 33

Re: Great college football story from this weekend

well done huskers.

I've had no problems in Lincoln on game days, i've gotten in much from a store owner in Estes Park, CO. (husker fan)

John Walters is my hero

Starter
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 525
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    I hate on Nebraska pretty often but this story was great. Nebraska has been doing a lot of very classy things this past year (the TD run by the kid with terminal cancer) and now this. Its making it hard to truly hate Nebraska like I used too.

Link: Nebraska goes extra mile in honoring Nick Pasquale
    I really don't mean to nit-pick but the kid does not have terminal cancer. He has a brain tumor and has been taking chemo- i believe he has recently finished with treatments and are now waiting to see how to proceed after scans are done.

I was at the game and it was pretty neat to see all of the stuff that Nebraska did. The baby blue and gold balloons that were sent off after the moment of silence for Nick was the perfect touch.

Pro
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 9

They are not classy fans. They have moments, these are two examples, but all they did was help their cause in masking the fact that they are not classy. ABC isn't going to talk about all the classless acts that took place in the parking lot prior to the game (I wasnt there for this particular game, but precedent shows that I didnt need to be). TV makes them sound like saints, anyone who has stepped foot in Lincoln knows the truth.

Husker Hater

Starter
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 525
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

Quote Originally Posted by dinger View Post
    They are not classy fans. They have moments, these are two examples, but all they did was help their cause in masking the fact that they are not classy. ABC isn't going to talk about all the classless acts that took place in the parking lot prior to the game (I wasnt there for this particular game, but precedent shows that I didnt need to be). TV makes them sound like saints, anyone who has stepped foot in Lincoln knows the truth.
    I have lived in Lincoln for 6 years and have been to about 30 games and I have not had one problem with any Husker..... I dont know how many games you have been to in Lincoln but if you come in with a closed mind about the fans being ******** then I guess to you they always will be.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 282
    Given: 170

Haven't stepped foot in Lincoln but have talked to many Nebraska fans. I think what that program has been doing has been unbelievably great. But their fan base is just plain unclassy and stupid.

Went to work one day and had to work with a new guy they were wanting to become a head manager. He starts out the conversation asking if I knew anywhere to buy weed. I said no. He asked how the basketball program was here. I told him since our new coach took over, we've been really good. He told me that it's the same with Nebraska - since Doc left, he told me, their program has been getting the best attention it's ever gotten, and that their arena was the loudest in the nation, including NBA arenas, and every game since the new coach took over has been sold out.

The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

Pro
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2

Quote Originally Posted by cyinne View Post
    I have lived in Lincoln for 6 years and have been to about 30 games and I have not had one problem with any Husker..... I dont know how many games you have been to in Lincoln but if you come in with a closed mind about the fans being ******** then I guess to you they always will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCubswin View Post
    Haven't stepped foot in Lincoln but have talked to many Nebraska fans. I think what that program has been doing has been unbelievably great. But their fan base is just plain unclassy and stupid.

Went to work one day and had to work with a new guy they were wanting to become a head manager. He starts out the conversation asking if I knew anywhere to buy weed. I said no. He asked how the basketball program was here. I told him since our new coach took over, we've been really good. He told me that it's the same with Nebraska - since Doc left, he told me, their program has been getting the best attention it's ever gotten, and that their arena was the loudest in the nation, including NBA arenas, and every game since the new coach took over has been sold out.
    I had a Husker fan give me a good explanation of this a couple years ago at the Big 12 wrestling championships. They basically said that the Husker fans in Lincoln are generally pretty good, but the ones we see at their away games (i.e., when they came to Ames) were the Tavern Huskers that can't afford to attend in Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by im4cyclones View Post
    [Anything] is easy if you are content to suck at it.