Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Running Backs

I do not know about all of you fans out there but I for one am weary of how we are using our running backs by committee. How can these backs get into a flow of things if they are only getting 4-5 carries a game?

I realize that the offensive line is banged up BUT if you do not have a number one guy at running back how are they suppose to be able to pop off a long gain on only 4-5 carries?

James White has proven that he can be the back. Paul needs to step up to the plate and tell the OC to decide on 1 BACK! And from what I have seen from Wimberly, he is as advertised. All summer long we have heard how explosive he has been and he showed again Saturday night, why is he not being incorporated more into the game plan? The kid has speed and explosiveness.

This is a shout-out to the OC, get your head out of your butt and game plan better. Also if Sam was hurt and limited at the quarterback position then put in Grant. If the qb position is such an important part of the offense and you have a player hurt at that position then you are limiting the plays that you can run.

Prospect
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 226
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: Running Backs

I don't mean to complain, I am just as curious.its driving me nuts no one over 5 carries a game .....ssshhhheeessshh

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,354
    Given: 127

Quote Originally Posted by Cyfan63 View Post
    I do not know about all of you fans out there but I for one am weary of how we are using our running backs by committee. How can these backs get into a flow of things if they are only getting 4-5 carries a game?

I realize that the offensive line is banged up BUT if you do not have a number one guy at running back how are they suppose to be able to pop off a long gain on only 4-5 carries?

James White has proven that he can be the back. Paul needs to step up to the plate and tell the OC to decide on 1 BACK! And from what I have seen from Wimberly, he is as advertised. All summer long we have heard how explosive he has been and he showed again Saturday night, why is he not being incorporated more into the game plan? The kid has speed and explosiveness.

This is a shout-out to the OC, get your head out of your butt and game plan better. Also if Sam was hurt and limited at the quarterback position then put in Grant. If the qb position is such an important part of the offense and you have a player hurt at that position then you are limiting the plays that you can run.
    It's a system that's doomed to fail, we have 3 starting running backs and a fourth and fifth that get a few carries here and there. I know it's all a moot point if the line can't open holes but I don't like the idea of splitting carries across 3 or 4 guys, nobody gets any sort of rhythm before they're yanked.

Legend
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 170
    Given: 150

I agree, I am worried our running game is being a bit restricted due to the coaches wanting to give each player some touches. To me, it seems like you should use 2 backs for a half. If they are getting it done, stick with them, if not, cycle 1 or both out for another. To me, I am not concerned who gets the carries out of the four as long as they have a chance to get in the rhythm. I want to see what Nealy has, other than that I like what I have seen from White and Wimberly. Shontrelle had a couple good runs, but I worry with this line that he isn't aggressive enough when running through the holes.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 334
    Given: 265

Quote Originally Posted by Sighclone44 View Post
    I don't mean to complain, I am just as curious.its driving me nuts no one over 5 carries a game .....ssshhhheeessshh
    Blame the three and outs and getting behind by not scoring.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 334
    Given: 265

Quote Originally Posted by State43 View Post
    I agree, I am worried our running game is being a bit restricted due to the coaches wanting to give each player some touches. To me, it seems like you should use 2 backs for a half. If they are getting it done, stick with them, if not, cycle 1 or both out for another. To me, I am not concerned who gets the carries out of the four as long as they have a chance to get in the rhythm. I want to see what Nealy has, other than that I like what I have seen from White and Wimberly. Shontrelle had a couple good runs, but I worry with this line that he isn't aggressive enough when running through the holes.
    With our current blocking capability, White remains our best option especially since he is a great pass catcher. Wimberly may be fast but he needs some blocking on the outside to help him. No running back has really broken one yet. Our longest runs have been by SR which should tell you a lot.

CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 378
    Given: 950

Having 3 "starting" RBs isn't a problem if you have 30-40 carries to divvy up.

The problem is that our offensive execution has been so poor that the RBs are dividing up 15 carries between them.

We aren't going to win any games only handing the ball of 15 times, no matter how many backs we play.

Prospect
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up

The problem with the RBs is that none of them are the type to carry the ball 25 times a game if needed

Can any of them break tackles if needed?