View Poll Results: Best players so far

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaron Wimberly

    29 33.33%
  • Quenton Bundrage

    61 70.11%
  • Shontrelle Johnson

    2 2.30%
  • James White

    10 11.49%
  • Justin Coleman

    12 13.79%
  • Sam Richardson (QB)

    13 14.94%
  • Cory Morrissey

    10 11.49%
  • David Irving

    27 31.03%
  • Rodney Coe

    2 2.30%
  • Luke Knott

    38 43.68%
  • Jared Brackens

    15 17.24%
  • Jeremiah George

    6 6.90%
  • Sam Richardson (CB)

    2 2.30%
  • Deon Broomfield

    13 14.94%
  • Jacques Wa(r)shington

    21 24.14%
  • Kirby Van Der Kamp

    45 51.72%
  • Edwin Arceo

    6 6.90%
  • Cole Netten

    10 11.49%
  • Jarvis West

    5 5.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: POLL

  1. #1
    Prospect
    Points: 1,131, Level: 8
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    37
    Points
    1,131
    Level
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    POLL

    Poll: best players so far

    I'm not limiting the number of players you can select. Just pick the ones who've stood out to you and explain. I'm interested to see what you guys think about some of these guys so far.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 74,653, Level: 84
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Heath, TX
    Posts
    2,938
    Points
    74,653
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 139

    Re: POLL

    A poll with no poll?


    Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

  3. #3
    Prospect
    Points: 1,131, Level: 8
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    37
    Points
    1,131
    Level
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: POLL

    Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    A poll with no poll?
    It's there now, my bad.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 172,802, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,429
    Points
    172,802
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 0

    Re: POLL

    Wimberly, Bundrage, Irving, Knott. Oh, and I'd also throw Brackens in there too.

    Sam Richardson could make the list, but not with this OC I'm afraid. He has the potential though IMO.

    Oops.. and I nearly forgot Van Der Kamp... my bad. He's the MVP of course.


    Last edited by clonedude; 09-15-2013 at 06:26 PM.

  5. #5
    Prospect
    Points: 1,131, Level: 8
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    37
    Points
    1,131
    Level
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: POLL

    As of right now, our god damn punter has the 2nd most votes. That's how you know you're rooting for a badddd team.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 37,955, Level: 60
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,095
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CycloneNorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    2,111
    Points
    37,955
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33
    Given: 7

    Re: POLL

    Who voted for Arceo and Netten?


    Keepers of the Faith -- Member

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 74,653, Level: 84
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Heath, TX
    Posts
    2,938
    Points
    74,653
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92
    Given: 139

    Re: POLL

    I really think the poll will show that we all believe we have talent. And based on the choices here it looks like we don't have any lineman to choose from which may start to point toward our irritation along with the O-play calling. This said, I do think our third string center got better as the night went on.


    Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

  8. #8
    Prospect
    Points: 1,131, Level: 8
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    37
    Points
    1,131
    Level
    8
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 2

    Re: POLL

    Quote Originally Posted by TXCyclones View Post
    I really think the poll will show that we all believe we have talent. And based on the choices here it looks like we don't have any lineman to choose from which may start to point toward our irritation along with the O-play calling. This said, I do think our third string center got better as the night went on.

    Then again, is it really a good thing that our 3rd string center got game experience?



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 114,046, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Boxerdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Beaverdale, IA
    Posts
    2,893
    Points
    114,046
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 52

    Re: POLL

    Kirby should be the only one with votes.



  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 7,163, Level: 25
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 387
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    wherever i go, there i am
    Posts
    638
    Points
    7,163
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 6

    Re: POLL

    Brackens looked good, especially considering he is new to the position. He will only get better over the years as he clearly has good instincts. Knott + 10-15 pounds = damn good for the next several years. Morrisey is going to be good, too. Has a great motor. The verdict is still out on Wimberly IMO. Obviously has great speed but needs more opportunities...the kind that will play to his strengths, not up the middle crap. Bundrage can evolve into a game changer. I know most everyone is sold on qb SR, but I'm among the minority and not sold on him yet. Granted, he does not give the ball away, but he plays very conservatively in the process. Hope I'm wrong.



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 322,471, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveVeteran
    CyArob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    11,620
    Points
    322,471
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,036
    Given: 514

    Re: POLL

    Quote Originally Posted by FanatiClone View Post
    Brackens looked good, especially considering he is new to the position. He will only get better over the years as he clearly has good instincts. Knott + 10-15 pounds = damn good for the next several years. Morrisey is going to be good, too. Has a great motor. The verdict is still out on Wimberly IMO. Obviously has great speed but needs more opportunities...the kind that will play to his strengths, not up the middle crap. Bundrage can evolve into a game changer. I know most everyone is sold on qb SR, but I'm among the minority and not sold on him yet. Granted, he does not give the ball away, but he plays very conservatively in the process. Hope I'm wrong.
    I agree with most of your points. It's hard to tell how good our QB and RBs are when they're playing behind a banged up offensive line that was average at best to begin with.



    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Football is just a stupid game. Who cares who has the better football team. It's just a game.

  12. #12
    Starter
    Points: 7,163, Level: 25
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 387
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    wherever i go, there i am
    Posts
    638
    Points
    7,163
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 6

    Re: POLL

    Quote Originally Posted by CyArob View Post
    I agree with most of your points. It's hard to tell how good our QB and RBs are when they're playing behind a banged up offensive line that was average at best to begin with.
    Yeah, that's why the verdict is still out on AW. And I just haven't seen that swag, confidence, that a QB has that knows he has a chance in any game. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame a damn thing on SR for the lack of offensive productivity...or at least not much, but I just haven't seen "IT" from him. Maybe I'm missing something.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 172,802, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,429
    Points
    172,802
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 120
    Given: 0

    Re: POLL

    Quote Originally Posted by FanatiClone View Post
    Yeah, that's why the verdict is still out on AW. And I just haven't seen that swag, confidence, that a QB has that knows he has a chance in any game. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame a damn thing on SR for the lack of offensive productivity...or at least not much, but I just haven't seen "IT" from him. Maybe I'm missing something.
    IMO, Sam was a better QB when he was trying to win the QB job. When he came into the KU game that night, he just went out there and played backyard football and flung it all over the place. He was the 3rd string QB at the time and probably figured the only way to win the job was to go out there and show what you can do.

    Now he's got the job wrapped up basically and all of the sudden he's playing ultra conservatively like he's trying to protect his job by not making any mistakes. He doesn't seem to go out there and try to win the game, but rather he tries to not lose it and not screw up.

    Late in the game, with nothing to lose, he started throwing it around more and found success. We need to play all 60 minutes of a game like we're behind by 30 points IMO.



  14. #14
    Starter
    Points: 7,163, Level: 25
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 387
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    wherever i go, there i am
    Posts
    638
    Points
    7,163
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 6

    Re: POLL

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    IMO, Sam was a better QB when he was trying to win the QB job. When he came into the KU game that night, he just went out there and played backyard football and flung it all over the place. He was the 3rd string QB at the time and probably figured the only way to win the job was to go out there and show what you can do.

    Now he's got the job wrapped up basically and all of the sudden he's playing ultra conservatively like he's trying to protect his job by not making any mistakes. He doesn't seem to go out there and try to win the game, but rather he tries to not lose it and not screw up.

    Late in the game, with nothing to lose, he started throwing it around more and found success. We need to play all 60 minutes of a game like we're behind by 30 points IMO.
    I can agree with that.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 60,036, Level: 75
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    BallSoHard4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    4,704
    Points
    60,036
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 103

    Re: POLL

    Wimberely has played well, just not been utilized as much as he should (Mess)
    Bundrage and Coleman have both been outstanding receivers this far
    Knott will grow into a star if he keeps it up.
    Brackens has been a pleasant surprise.
    washington has been pretty good.
    Van Der Kamp has been awesome.
    Irving played real well last night.

    Coe, Brun, Bibbs, George, White, and Johnson have been virtually non existent. Pretty sad considering there are a couple captains in there.


    Keepers of the Faith -- htiaF eht fo srepeeK

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM