Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

First visit to Ames since 2001 thoughts

Just dropping a note to all of you letting you know that I for one enjoyed the game day atmosphere in AMES. LOTS has changed since my last visit and for the better. The game day experience was excellent and although I didn't get to tailgate much it looks like a great setup. I did, however walk right through the thick of the Party and tailgate and was treated with complete respect (not that I really deserve any more respect than the next guy but hey folks were just having fun in a great environment).

One thing I like about the stadium is that there is really no bad seating there. One thing I don't like is the fact that the south endzone isn't enclosed. Get that done and the volume would go up quite a bit.

Your student section is impressive and for the most part seemed pretty loud.

I know it wasn't the results you all wanted but I think you all know that being down to 3rd string linemen on offense isn't a good think. Richardson also looked gimpy to me.

Overall I was impressed with the whole game day experience in Ames and how ISU fans were very energetic but not jerks. Here are my two complaints 1) I can't stand the sound system but it mostly because I am a fan of visiting team. It is high quality but seemed to drown out the crowd noise. 2) The drunk Iowa Coed who was making an ***** out of herself by being...well stupid. Win or lose I think you guys have it right with the game day experience. Well done. I just hope our two teams can manage to win more games...looks like we both got work to do.

Ozhawk

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 558
    Given: 388

Re: First visit to Ames since 2001 thoughts

Glad you had a good time and I apologize for us not having a team to challenge you better. I have zero excuses for this loss. We just suck at this time and Iowa came prepared and eager.

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 551
    Given: 349

Re: First visit to Ames since 2001 thoughts

The SR gimpy comment. Will he have an ankle problem or bruised heel most of the football season? The qb must run or the offense sucks even more. See last two games. Does this not mean that we need to upgrade GR as fast as possible. A guy on one wheel is still better than our backup? Really? Really? At the least, you should be prepared to use the backup at some point or this season will get even longer.

Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.