Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 0

First time in three years where I didn't feel ISU had much better talent on the field

Each of the last three years, I left this game with the feeling that ISU had better athletes across the field than Iowa. Yeah, those games were close, but I thought ISU controlled things up and down the field but made the mistakes to keep Iowa in the game.

Last night, Iowa looked physically better. That sucked. Iowa's Oline manhandled us until the 4th when we knew they weren't going to throw. Iowa's DL and LB's were dominant. Weismann was running through LBs and DBs for 3-4 extra yards on most runs. It's been a while since I worried a little bit about which program is heading where. Outside of safety, Iowa had better players at every position. That's not good considering we play in the Big 12, and that Iowa isn't exactly a senior laden team outside of LB.

All-Star
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 19

Re: First time in three years where I didn't feel ISU had much better talent on the f

Quote Originally Posted by Istate View Post
    Each of the last three years, I left this game with the feeling that ISU had better athletes across the field than Iowa. Yeah, those games were close, but I thought ISU controlled things up and down the field but made the mistakes to keep Iowa in the game.

Last night, Iowa looked physically better. That sucked. Iowa's Oline manhandled us until the 4th when we knew they weren't going to throw. Iowa's DL and LB's were dominant. Weismann was running through LBs and DBs for 3-4 extra yards on most runs. It's been a while since I worried a little bit about which program is heading where. Outside of safety, Iowa had better players at every position. That's not good considering we play in the Big 12, and that Iowa isn't exactly a senior laden team outside of LB.
    Good analysis- I was surprised after watching the game about your players. First time for me also wondering about your talent level. Iowa is a work in progress, but not coming away from this game with much optimism for ISU.

Addict
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 859
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 65

Re: First time in three years where I didn't feel ISU had much better talent on the f

There wasn't much talent out there, period.

Add those two rosters together, practice for a couple weeks, and the Bama's and Oregon's of the world would hang 70 on them without breaking a sweat.

Addict
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 886
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 65
    Given: 13

2011 and 2012 Iowa and Iowa state were fairly equal talent wise. I was beginning to hope the balance of power had shifted.

2010 it was Iowa and not even remotely close. Not sure if you are including that year.

Addict
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 656
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 688
    Given: 774

Considering this is the first time in 3 years we lost, it only makes sense. Iowa is a bad team, but we are one of the worst in the country.

All-Star
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 152
    Given: 34

You do realize the majority of our team is made up of first year starters right? and in some cases, a 3rd string getting his first play time? Kind of obvious who would be the better team on the field going into this game.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 61

I don't agree with this at all. our talent level is just as good if not better than Iowa. our offensive coaching skill is what is lacking.

Starter
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 15
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by snowcraig2.0 View Post
    I don't agree with this at all. our talent level is just as good if not better than Iowa. our offensive coaching skill is what is lacking.
    Your drunk. At 944am. Time for AA.

Pro
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 192

I disagree. I thought when Loth settled down the offensive line was ok. Iowa was stacking the box. Iowa's TE's looked better, but they actually used them. Our WR's were better. Obviously, Weisman was the most effective Runner. I thought our DLine looked small, but that's not new, and they were on the field way too much. I thought Luke knott, Jeremiah George, and David Irving looked really good.

"I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice."

-Humpty

Addict
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 285
    Given: 59

All-Star
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 331
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 0

Umm, did you see the size of Iowa's lines? And the push they were getting on both sides of the ball? We're nowhere close to what they have. And I'd take Rudock over Richardson.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 19

We've been spoiled in Rhoads first 4 years. Remember that just 5 years ago we we had 5 wins in 2 seasons. I've already come to terms with the fact that this is going to be a true re-building year. Hope for 4 wins, more likely 2. The good news is that this isn't a team full of upperclassmen. Programs like ISU aren't going to just reload, there will be some ugly seasons where we have to bridge the gap. This is going to be one of them.

I agree that our offensive coaching is horrible, and we should never lose to UNI, but even with a genius in the box you aren't going to win a lot of games where your line is dominated on both sides of the ball. It's just not gonna happen. This is a team that isn't going to a bowl, but they SHOULD improve as the season goes on and the RFr and sophs get more experience. If they don't, well then we are in a whole lot more trouble.

Addict
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 329
    Given: 61

did UNI have more talent than ISU?

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by cytheguy View Post
    Umm, did you see the size of Iowa's lines? And the push they were getting on both sides of the ball? We're nowhere close to what they have. And I'd take Rudock over Richardson.
    look, his comment was asinine and as much as I like Rudock, he does have the benefit of his o-line keeping his jersey clean for the most part and a strong running game to lean on. It's not fair to Richardson to compare them.

Addict
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

did UNI have more talent than ISU?
    It's certainly possible. There weren't nearly as many missed tackles last night, but UNI pushed ISU around pretty good too. You act like these two losses were flukes. Two games in a row ISU gets their *** handed to them on both sides of the LOS and you're so drunk on kool-aid that you still think ISU is the most talented team in the state.

And y'all say Iowa fans are delusional