Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,041
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 53

This is a question I'd REALLY like Chris to ask.... or anybody else for that matter..

The next time Chris gets a chance to interview Rhoads, Mess, or heck, any position coach, i'm humbly requesting the he ask a couple specific questions.

Does the offensive coordinator know what personnel package (running back and wide receivers specifically) will be on the field before each play call?

It's been said that the position coaches get to put guys into and out of the game at their discretion unless overruled by the head coach or OC. So a logical follow up question would be...

Does the position coach (again running back and receivers specifically) know the play call prior to deciding who should be in the game?

If the answer to either of these questions is no... well, that isn't very good in my opinion. No wonder we have Woody running a sweep inside the 10 yard line or taking a delayed hand off 3 yards deep in our own endzone (Tulsa last year).

I mean, I get it if a guy gets dinged and has to leave for a play, or his helmet comes off. The OC might not have the right play called based on who they bring in as a replacement. But if this is how we operate continuously... no wonder our play calling looks bad. The OC calling plays not knowing personnel and the position coach shuffling guys in and out not knowing the play?

Another thought... if our first drives are "planned out" it seems that both the position coaches and OC pretty much know what's going down. We've been pretty successful at those, right? The position coach has a good idea of what is coming so he has his guy in the game that is good at what the plan was. The OC pretty much knows who is going to be on the field, assuming he talks to the position coaches when they s c r i p t the first drive. It seems to all go to **** when the plays need to be called on the fly and the position coach can't match personnel with the play.

Just a humble request to Chris for him to ask the questions is all.

All-Star
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 830
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 200
    Given: 38

Re: This is a question I'd REALLY like Chris to ask.... or anybody else for that matt

i think there's a coach call in show that you could use to ask him yourself

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,199
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 549
    Given: 257

Re: This is a question I'd REALLY like Chris to ask.... or anybody else for that matt

Based on how the substitutions I've seen my guess is they definitely know the play call before they make substitutions, or they at least know the number of personnel needed at each position.

Starter
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,041
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 22
    Given: 53

Quote Originally Posted by abe2010 View Post
    i think there's a coach call in show that you could use to ask him yourself
    Good point. I have asked him the question in person though. I'm not a media guy that gets to ask questions until i have nothing left to ask. I'm a fan in the presence of the head coach asking the question in a social setting. There is a huge difference.