Prospect
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Tailgating in Vet Med lot

ISU parking police said you can park RVs in the Vet Med lot beginning at 5:30pm Friday night. Anyone have any experience they can share? My RV is 43 feet long. Can this area accommodate my RV and can I get it parked Friday night?

Thanks. Novice ISU tailgater.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,571
    Given: 927

Re: Tailgating in Vet Med lot

Quote Originally Posted by ISUparent View Post
    ISU parking police said you can park RVs in the Vet Med lot beginning at 5:30pm Friday night. Anyone have any experience they can share? My RV is 43 feet long. Can this area accommodate my RV and can I get it parked Friday night?

I believe so, it is a pretty big area and you will have no problem getting Friday night.

ďUrgency,Ē Rhoads said. ďThatís exactly what I told our staff. Itís exactly what I told our players. Urgency in getting your job done. Thatís in a 100 percent rate of speed at executing your responsibility ó whether itís a fit, whether itís a tackle, whether itís a route, whether itís a cut-off block. Everybody needs a little bit more urgency in coaching and playing.Ē

Prospect
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Thanks for the reply. This will be our family's first attempt at an ISU tailgate..Very excited!!!!

Pro
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 128

Yes, you will have plenty of room, I park there a lot and there's always space for big RV's.

Go Cyclones!!

Addict
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,955
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

Interesting, we usually park our RV up there most games and you can pretty much get as much space as you can claim. I was out of state for the UNI game but one of the guys that owns it with me and 2 other guys says they came around and told everyone parked there at the UNI game that no RV parking for the Iowa game since they will need every bit of parking for that game. Two years ago for the Iowa game they only allowed you to park in the grass areas at vet med and they packed you fairly tight to get as many in as they could in since they did not let you park on the paved areas as they usually do so may my friend just didn't understand the message and that they just meant no RVs on the paved portions of Vet Med.

Go Cubs Go!

All-Star
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 60

Quote Originally Posted by CYdTracked View Post
    Interesting, we usually park our RV up there most games and you can pretty much get as much space as you can claim. I was out of state for the UNI game but one of the guys that owns it with me and 2 other guys says they came around and told everyone parked there at the UNI game that no RV parking for the Iowa game since they will need every bit of parking for that game. Two years ago for the Iowa game they only allowed you to park in the grass areas at vet med and they packed you fairly tight to get as many in as they could in since they did not let you park on the paved areas as they usually do so may my friend just didn't understand the message and that they just meant no RVs on the paved portions of Vet Med.
    Your group probably misheard. It is posted and we were told that all RV's will be on the grass. However, they did tell us that we couldn't park in the U shape we were in, and that "THEY" would be parking us. I explained to the guy that the bottom part of the U was my short bus which is only 20ft long and if we were to park the bus in between the 2 campers I had setup that it would only leave about 5-6ft on each side of the bus. The guy pretty much acted like he didn't care how much room we would have. I guess he is the new Parking Division manager and he thinks he is going to "change" things. Well my opinion is that will last for about the first dozen or a little more campers and then everyone will be ****** at him that he will give up.

Cyclone Sports: The next best thing since MOTHER'S MILK!

All-Star
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 635
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 60

Quote Originally Posted by ISUparent View Post

To answer your question there is plenty of room any other game, but this game might be a little tighter than others. The lot opens when the college closes, which is 5:30. The atmosphere up there is pretty good, from our groups prospective.

Cyclone Sports: The next best thing since MOTHER'S MILK!

Starter
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 316
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9
    Given: 21

From ISU Parking Division website

General Public (non-Cyclone Club member) Parking
    General public (non-Cyclone Club member) parking lots open 6 hours prior to kickoff. There is limited general public (non-donor parking) single game parking at both Jack Trice Stadium and Hilton Coliseum. For football games, this public parking for cars and is available in Lots G2, G3, G4, G5, G8, Vet Med Lot 93, B1, B2, C1, and C2. RV parking for non-donors is available in lots G2, G3, G4, G5, G8, and Vet Med Lot 93; except for the Iowa game in Vet Med Lot 93.

Addict
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,955
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 7

We had an interesting run in several years ago with the wonderful parking staff for the Iowa game. We lined up Friday night in the holding lot for the student lot then our wonderful RV wouldn't start when they started to fill the lot in the early AM. We had to push it into an acceptable spot in the grass holding lot so they could still park around us in rows. The guy doing the parking at the time suggested that we put out our chairs and tent next to the RV so that someone doesn't park right up next to us so we did and went back inside to nap. About an hour later some lady with the parking starts banging on our window and tells us we need to take down the tent NOW because they need the space to park people. So we argue with her that one of her co-workers just told us that we should set it up so someone doesn't crowd us when they start parking. She threatens to kick us out and someone in the back says "good luck lady, this thing won't even start which is why we are stuck here in the first place!" so she threatens to tow us when she heard that comment. Finally we ask what if we just paid for another spot (since we technically already pay twice as much as cars do as it is which is stupid that we don't get at least 2 cars worth of space) so we can keep the tent up and not get crowded so she agrees to that. I ask her for another parking thing to hang on the tent so that someone else doesn't give us crap later about it, she says "just tell them I said it was OK and if they have a problem tell them to come see me." Ok lady... wonder if she just pocketed that money all along.

Curious to see what the "new guy" in charge of parking does this weekend. I usually prefer Vet Med because they are a little more relaxed on how much space you take up when you park and the guy that directs the student lots likes to get buses and RVs parked as tight as possible allowing you very little space to setup anything you have like games, tables, chairs, etc. which I think is bogus since they charge twice as much for RVs and buses as they do cars. We only have a 25 foot RV so it's not much bigger than a big pickup truck or van in terms of ammount of space it actually takes up. I can see how maybe the really big RVs and busses that is not the case but would be nice if they'd consider that people that bring the bigger vehicles not only are paying more to park but usually have more people and stuff with them too so they need a little bit of room to accomodate that. Not asking for a huge spot to ourselves but when you are sandwiched between 2 party buses would be nice if you at least had more than 4 feet of space between you and them on 1 side. Seems like every year they have no clue how to park people and by the time they fill the lot it looks like a cluster.

Go Cubs Go!