Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 59 of 59
  1. #46
    Legend
    Points: 404,276, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyclonedave25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,528
    Points
    404,276
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 422
    Given: 202

    Re: official enrollment numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by theantiAIRBHG View Post
    WHAR WARTBURG NUMBERS!?
    Dammit AIRBHG, I like your posts and all, but leave that word over on Hawkeye Nation. Every time I go over there it seems I see that word at least 10x/thread. I cringe every time I see/read it.


    When Prepared, Fear No One.

  2. #47
    Addict
    Points: 323,121, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    8,402
    Points
    323,121
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,403
    Given: 364

    Re: official enrollment numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by FarminCy View Post
    Once Brandstad sees these numbers he will bring Marvin Pomerantz back from the dead and they will force ISU to sell off the college of Ag.

    Unpossible, the Kansas State athletic department bought that patent.



  3. #48
    Pro
    Points: 46,910, Level: 66
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,241
    Points
    46,910
    Level
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 221
    Given: 843

    Re: official enrollment numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by FarminCy View Post
    Once Brandstad sees these numbers he will bring Marvin Pomerantz back from the dead and they will force ISU to sell off the college of Ag.
    Nah, he wants to turn us into an online school and get rid of our buildings altogether now. He doesn't see why we need science labs.



  4. #49
    Rookie
    Points: 5,277, Level: 21
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 273
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    RoseBowlBound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Iowa City via WDM
    Posts
    484
    Points
    5,277
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 2

    Re: official enrollment numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    So you are arguing that UI's decreased enrollment is due to a larger emphasis on out-of-state students this year?

    In 2012, 47% of UI's incoming first-years were in-state (Source)

    In 2013, that number is 48%. (Source)

    So UI is failing at getting more out-of-staters worse than they are failing at getting more in-staters, which is already horrible.

    Try again
    Welp I guess your right. The university of Iowa is failing and Iowa state soon will be the only school worth its salt. Hell, they might break the top 100 schools in the country. #daretodream



  5. #50
    Speechless
    Points: 395,567, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,939
    Points
    395,567
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 301

    Re: official enrollment numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by CyFan61 View Post
    So you are arguing that UI's decreased enrollment is due to a larger emphasis on out-of-state students this year?

    In 2012, 47% of UI's incoming first-years were in-state (Source)

    In 2013, that number is 48%. (Source)

    So UI is failing at getting more out-of-staters worse than they are failing at getting more in-staters, which is already horrible.

    Try again
    Losing out of staters is a bigger revenue hit than out of staters.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  6. #51
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 167,437, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    NickTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    3,869
    Points
    167,437
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 186
    Given: 218

    Re: official enrollment numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone87 View Post
    I'm not so sure their decrease was on purpose. ISU's growth is primarily due to the ag industry being well-off right now and a demand for engineers, if the ag industry takes a dive or the demand for engineers starts to decrease ISU could possibly have some difficulty maintaining growth or could even see some decrease, there is a lot of uncertainty especially with the ag industry so who knows what will happen. ...
    Fortunately, people will always need food and will always need **** built.



  7. #52
    Pro
    Points: 75,922, Level: 85
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    TXCyclones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Heath, TX
    Posts
    2,990
    Points
    75,922
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 112
    Given: 153

    Re: official enrollment numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Losing out of staters is a bigger revenue hit than out of staters.
    Maybe, but having more in-staters is having more in-staters. And if you have more in-staters then that's clearly more than having in-staters. Unless you don't, and then it's not.


    Remember, you're unique. Just like everyone else.

  8. #53
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 94,665, Level: 95
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    4,211
    Points
    94,665
    Level
    95
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 553
    Given: 126

    Re: official enrollment numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseBowlBound View Post
    Welp I guess your right. The university of Iowa is failing and Iowa state soon will be the only school worth its salt. Hell, they might break the top 100 schools in the country. #daretodream
    Wow you're cool.

    I guess that is why you post on here so much.

    Typical squawk trash.



  9. #54
    Pro
    Points: 37,090, Level: 59
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 760
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CapnCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,336
    Points
    37,090
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 118

    Re: official enrollment numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Losing out of staters is a bigger revenue hit than out of staters.
    This brings up a good thing to consider. Yes, out of staters pay more $$$ than instate, so that does make up a gap (ISU fills it VERY nicely with international students). But there is a very strong movement in changing how the state of Iowa (Board of Regents) gives money to institutions. It used to be 40-40-20 (ISU, U I, UNI), but there is talk that, that is state money by taxpayers of Iowa...shouldn't more of that go to help those tax payers kids?

    Yes, we all know a university isn't just about education, but I think that while out of states bring in more money, I think that the Board of Regents and the state will want to invest in their own, if that makes sense.



  10. #55
    All-Star
    Points: 32,171, Level: 55
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,348
    Points
    32,171
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 54

    Re: official enrollment numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by CapnCy View Post
    And projections have us continuing to grow!

    As another poster pointed out, some key numbers are new Iowa students, we are blowing them away. Year after year, we will continue to grow our brand. Also, ALOT of U of Is students are professional (med and law).
    Total 1st year med and law students is about 250. Applications and enrollment at the law school are way down (like many other law schools) because of the lousy job market.



  11. #56
    Rookie
    Points: 5,277, Level: 21
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 273
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    RoseBowlBound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Iowa City via WDM
    Posts
    484
    Points
    5,277
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12
    Given: 2

    Re: official enrollment numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by ribsnwhiskey View Post
    Wow you're cool.

    I guess that is why you post on here so much.

    Typical squawk trash.
    I actually post on here cause Iowa message boards aren't half as active. Thanks though



  12. #57
    All-Star
    Points: 32,171, Level: 55
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,348
    Points
    32,171
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 49
    Given: 54

    Re: official enrollment numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by CapnCy View Post
    This brings up a good thing to consider. Yes, out of staters pay more $$$ than instate, so that does make up a gap (ISU fills it VERY nicely with international students). But there is a very strong movement in changing how the state of Iowa (Board of Regents) gives money to institutions. It used to be 40-40-20 (ISU, U I, UNI), but there is talk that, that is state money by taxpayers of Iowa...shouldn't more of that go to help those tax payers kids?

    Yes, we all know a university isn't just about education, but I think that while out of states bring in more money, I think that the Board of Regents and the state will want to invest in their own, if that makes sense.
    Nonresidents pay 3X (or more?) tuition which helps keep tuition relatively low for in state kids. It is always a balancing act between revenue and fulfilling the mission to serve Iowans.



  13. #58
    Speechless
    Points: 395,567, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,939
    Points
    395,567
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 420
    Given: 301

    Re: official enrollment numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseBowlBound View Post
    I actually post on here cause Iowa message boards aren't half as active. Thanks though
    You need to get a Tyler avatar.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  14. #59
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,457, Level: 30
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    347
    Points
    10,457
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 0

    Re: official enrollment numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseBowlBound View Post
    I actually post on here cause Iowa message boards aren't half as active. Thanks though
    The Hawkeye Report Off Topic board is extremely active. It's garbage, but it's active.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Fox Sports 1
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM