Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Publisher
    Points: 743,816, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    15,373
    Points
    743,816
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 57

  2. #2
    Legend
    Points: 311,912, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveVeteran
    CyArob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    10,400
    Points
    311,912
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 331
    Given: 207

    Re: PODCAST: 9-5 US Cellular/Cyclone Fanatic Radio Show

    Is there a part 2?



    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    Football is just a stupid game. Who cares who has the better football team. It's just a game.

  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 11,121, Level: 31
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Clonedogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    CR, IA
    Posts
    787
    Points
    11,121
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 4

    Re: PODCAST: 9-5 US Cellular/Cyclone Fanatic Radio Show

    Quote Originally Posted by CyArob View Post
    Is there a part 2?
    Yep, definitely got cut off.



  4. #4
    Publisher
    Points: 743,816, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    ChrisMWilliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    15,373
    Points
    743,816
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 57

    Re: PODCAST: 9-5 US Cellular/Cyclone Fanatic Radio Show

    Sorry about that guys. That's the file that KXNO sent me. I'll try to get an updated version today.



  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 196,772, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    9,929
    Points
    196,772
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 105

    Re: PODCAST: 9-5 US Cellular/Cyclone Fanatic Radio Show

    Chris, I know you're the one who's plugged into the program, but please stop dismissing everybody who dares to disagree with you about Bubu or has a more optimistic outlook about our ability to compete without him. We are not all "anti-walk-on" or "Bubu-haters" and it's getting annoying to have that be your immediate response whenever it comes up.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 67,862, Level: 80
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    6,299
    Points
    67,862
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 61

    Re: PODCAST: 9-5 US Cellular/Cyclone Fanatic Radio Show

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMWilliams View Post
    Sorry about that guys. That's the file that KXNO sent me. I'll try to get an updated version today.
    The suspense is killing me



  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 67,862, Level: 80
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    6,299
    Points
    67,862
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 61

    Re: PODCAST: 9-5 US Cellular/Cyclone Fanatic Radio Show

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    Chris, I know you're the one who's plugged into the program, but please stop dismissing everybody who dares to disagree with you about Bubu or has a more optimistic outlook about our ability to compete without him. We are not all "anti-walk-on" or "Bubu-haters" and it's getting annoying to have that be your immediate response whenever it comes up.
    We aren't better off now and we won't be at the end of the year with or without him starting. He was currently our best PG and probably would have been by the end of the year. It's a significant loss, anyone who says otherwise is a fool.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 183,686, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Bret44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hampton, IA
    Posts
    7,593
    Points
    183,686
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 581
    Given: 277

    Re: PODCAST: 9-5 US Cellular/Cyclone Fanatic Radio Show

    Question: Can I download the podcast on an android device? Headed over to Cherokee for a wedding rehearsal this afternoon and I would like to listen to it.

    Thanks in advance, I will hang up and listen.


    “They're very, very hard to guard,” Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey said. “They're really good. And with Niang in the middle kind of wheeling and all those guys spreading you out, they're kind of a nightmare matchup. And they're men. They're really men.”


  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 67,862, Level: 80
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    6,299
    Points
    67,862
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 61

    Re: PODCAST: 9-5 US Cellular/Cyclone Fanatic Radio Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Bret44 View Post
    Question: Can I download the podcast on an android device? Headed over to Cherokee for a wedding rehearsal this afternoon and I would like to listen to it.

    Thanks in advance, I will hang up and listen.
    Pretty sure I have before



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 196,772, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    9,929
    Points
    196,772
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 105

    Re: PODCAST: 9-5 US Cellular/Cyclone Fanatic Radio Show

    Quote Originally Posted by NATEizKING View Post
    We aren't better off now and we won't be at the end of the year with or without him starting. He was currently our best PG and probably would have been by the end of the year. It's a significant loss, anyone who says otherwise is a fool.
    I'm not saying it's not a loss, but even if he was the most obvious starting PG, he was about the 4th most important player on the team at best. Yes, he was a good defender and a steady hand, but it's not like he was a Babb-level stopper and even if he was underrated as a shooter he wasn't somebody opposing teams respected on offense. Maybe that improved over the summer, but to the point where he was the glue holding all of our tourney chances together?

    I think the biggest loss to the team is flexibility in how we play Kane and increased urgency in bringing Naz and Morris along. This is not ideal, but somehow CW seems to have it in his head that if you're not hitting the panic button you must have thought Bubu was awful and never deserved a scholarship.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 286,733, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    00clone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Iowa City area
    Posts
    6,482
    Points
    286,733
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 125
    Given: 25

    Re: PODCAST: 9-5 US Cellular/Cyclone Fanatic Radio Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Bret44 View Post
    Question: Can I download the podcast on an android device? Headed over to Cherokee for a wedding rehearsal this afternoon and I would like to listen to it.

    Thanks in advance, I will hang up and listen.

    I use pocket casts app (suggested on here by someone). It's 3.99, but I like it, I subscribe to cyclonefanatic, so as long as I'm on Wi-Fi, it auto downloads them when available. I can also manually download on data.



  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 67,862, Level: 80
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    NATEizKING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hilton
    Posts
    6,299
    Points
    67,862
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 59
    Given: 61

    Re: PODCAST: 9-5 US Cellular/Cyclone Fanatic Radio Show

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    I'm not saying it's not a loss, but even if he was the most obvious starting PG, he was about the 4th most important player on the team at best. Yes, he was a good defender and a steady hand, but it's not like he was a Babb-level stopper and even if he was underrated as a shooter he wasn't somebody opposing teams respected on offense. Maybe that improved over the summer, but to the point where he was the glue holding all of our tourney chances together?

    I think the biggest loss to the team is flexibility in how we play Kane and increased urgency in bringing Naz and Morris along. This is not ideal, but somehow CW seems to have it in his head that if you're not hitting the panic button you must have thought Bubu was awful and never deserved a scholarship.
    I probably shouldn't have quoted you and wasn't accusing you as saying that, but I've seen way too much from this board saying how Bubu isn't a loss and if Bubu is starting that we are in trouble. Both of those are not true.

    We don't really know how much of a threat Bubu would have been offensively as a shooter because we haven't seen that aspect of his game yet outside of the CCL. Clyburn was not much of a threat from three point range last year and I'm confident Bubu could have put up a better percentage from three, that didn't stop Clyburn from handling the ball and getting 15 a game. From the little he's shot it is hard to tell, that wasn't what was needed from him on previous years teams.



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 183,686, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Bret44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Hampton, IA
    Posts
    7,593
    Points
    183,686
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 581
    Given: 277

    Re: PODCAST: 9-5 US Cellular/Cyclone Fanatic Radio Show

    Quote Originally Posted by 00clone View Post
    I use pocket casts app (suggested on here by someone). It's 3.99, but I like it, I subscribe to cyclonefanatic, so as long as I'm on Wi-Fi, it auto downloads them when available. I can also manually download on data.
    Anything special I have today, I cannot search for anything and not podcasts are popping up under categories


    “They're very, very hard to guard,” Notre Dame head coach Mike Brey said. “They're really good. And with Niang in the middle kind of wheeling and all those guys spreading you out, they're kind of a nightmare matchup. And they're men. They're really men.”


  14. #14
    Pro
    Points: 52,679, Level: 71
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,371
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Ry4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,150
    Points
    52,679
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 3

    Re: PODCAST: 9-5 US Cellular/Cyclone Fanatic Radio Show

    I am on an android phone and use podcast addict which is free. I like it a lot and haven't had any problems with it.



  15. #15
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 52,941, Level: 71
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,109
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CyCloned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Robins, Iowa
    Posts
    4,172
    Points
    52,941
    Level
    71
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 6

    Re: PODCAST: 9-5 US Cellular/Cyclone Fanatic Radio Show

    Quote Originally Posted by NATEizKING View Post
    I probably shouldn't have quoted you and wasn't accusing you as saying that, but I've seen way too much from this board saying how Bubu isn't a loss and if Bubu is starting that we are in trouble. Both of those are not true.

    We don't really know how much of a threat Bubu would have been offensively as a shooter because we haven't seen that aspect of his game yet outside of the CCL. Clyburn was not much of a threat from three point range last year and I'm confident Bubu could have put up a better percentage from three, that didn't stop Clyburn from handling the ball and getting 15 a game. From the little he's shot it is hard to tell, that wasn't what was needed from him on previous years teams.
    I don't think many fan see this as anything but a loss to the mbb program, it is just a matter of how big a loss. Maybe someone should ask Fred? I bet he has some thoughts on this. No matter what he is gone, and the team will have to figure out how to deal with the void.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM