Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 197
    Given: 7

Random thoughts from trip to Iowa including the UNI game

Today is our first full day back in California and we have been forced to unearth our winter coats in response to the 40 degree swing. Can you believe it is a freezing 70 degrees here? Lori and I enjoyed meeting many of you around Iowa this past week. We got lots of research done and had a good time with all. Some quick thoughts from the week and the UNI game:

• It was great to briefly meet Adam Gray and see Tron again. Chris was weeping in a corner of the pre-game radio show tent due to technical difficulties so we didn't want to bother him...

• I was surprised to see how many ISU fans wore the same shirt designs. We thought we would see a bigger variety.

• Concerning the upcoming Jack Trice throwback uniforms--our research shows that there may have been as many as four different jersey designs in 1923. Oregon who?

• It was fun learning about the athletic history of an Iowa family while standing in a dimly lit basketball court at the top of an ancient barn built in 1913.

• Of course, the week we unveil our warm wool stadium blanket, every single day was over 100 degrees.

• We were lucky enough to see an autographed Jack Trice yearbook from his senior year of high school. That got me thinking--is Jack's autograph the rarest one related to ISU history?

• The UNI game--ugh. Lori is still learning the game of football and I can sum up her conclusions this way: ISU quarterbacks always run for their lives, Wally is good at what he does, and any attempted field goal or extra point means hiding her eyes. She also noted the lack of interceptions for Sam and thought that was progress, although she still wants me to change my name to Steele.

• We were disappointed to see some other ISU fans being negative towards the players. They work hard at this and although some performances haven't been the best so far, it's tough to have your shortcomings exposed in front of 56k people. One disappointing loss does not make a season.

• The UNI win has been a long time coming and doesn't necessarily speak that badly of ISU. UNI barely lost to Iowa and Wisconsin in past years. Congrats to them.

• Lori claims the soup at El Azteca in Somerset was amazing and stands up to anything in California.

• We will be doing a final contest through the CF forums next week, so we look forward to easing the sting of the UNI game with some free stuff.

Projects inspired by Grandpa's campfire stories.
    www.kagavi.com
    | www.twitter.com/kagavi

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 544
    Given: 165

Re: Random thoughts from trip to Iowa including the UNI game

No mention of meeting Cycsk or myself... damn lol. It was really great to meet the legend of Kagavi though!

My teams: (as of 6/15/14)
    Cleveland Browns: 4-12 - .250
    Cleveland Indians: 34-35 - .493
    Cleveland Cavs: 33-49 - .402
    Iowa State Cyclones (FB): 3-9 - .250
    Iowa State Cyclones (BB): 28-8 - .778

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 734
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69
    Given: 13

Please tell me that Cyclone fans aren't talking down to the players. Those guys need motivation, they need to know that despite the crying from the fans, we are behind them. Glad I wasn't there to see that, if it happened.

square root(31) = 5.56776436
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupVeteran50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 772
    Given: 3,096

We were really pleased to meet you - I'm so sorry the Welcome Wagon lady interrupted. Safe travels, if you're on your way home!

M 7/09

Legend
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 599
    Given: 301

+1 for using bullet points. Makes reading long posts much easier and more enjoyable than long paragraphs.

When Prepared, Fear No One.