Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 95,474, Level: 96
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,576
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    capitalcityguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,812
    Points
    95,474
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 347
    Given: 348

    Cool! 3 different FB game replays will be available on Cyclone.TV!

    I wonder how many caught John Walter's comment on the call-in show last night about game replays. He mentioned that there will actually be 3 different replays of most football games.

    One will be using the production of whatever entity did the original broadcast.
    A second will be with the Walters/Brun's radio call with video.
    A third will be a Mediacom/Cyclone.TV production using the camara crew they'll have at all the games (besides just the UNI game they are broadcasting). Essentially, you'll be able to watch another replay of the game from different camara angles.

    Starting to wonder if there is any need to DVR the live broadcasts.

    Anyway, it is all good for promoting the brand. Gotta think sports bars around the state will have a Cyclone game on at least one TV most of the time.


    CCG

  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 28,993, Level: 52
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    khardbored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Middle of the Midwest
    Posts
    1,839
    Points
    28,993
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 439
    Given: 1,075

    Re: Cool! 3 different FB game replays will be available on Cyclone.TV!

    That is Cool



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 137,965, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    theshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,202
    Points
    137,965
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303
    Given: 2

    Re: Cool! 3 different FB game replays will be available on Cyclone.TV!

    There were multiple replays available last year, too.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 95,474, Level: 96
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,576
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    capitalcityguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,812
    Points
    95,474
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 347
    Given: 348

    Re: Cool! 3 different FB game replays will be available on Cyclone.TV!

    Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    There were multiple replays available last year, too.
    There have been replays for years but now they will be on a dedicated Cyclone channel available statewide in HD Secondly, (and correct me if I'm wrong) I doubt in the past if mediacom had a multiple camara crew producing a second production for the purposes of replaying the game. That will be new (at least that is the impression Walters gave).


    CCG

  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 88,479, Level: 92
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 871
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    dualthreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,565
    Points
    88,479
    Level
    92
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 499
    Given: 59

    Re: Cool! 3 different FB game replays will be available on Cyclone.TV!

    Is this for free on mediacom?



  6. #6
    All-Star
    Points: 28,993, Level: 52
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 757
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    khardbored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Middle of the Midwest
    Posts
    1,839
    Points
    28,993
    Level
    52
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 439
    Given: 1,075

    Re: Cool! 3 different FB game replays will be available on Cyclone.TV!

    Quote Originally Posted by dualthreat View Post
    Is this for free on mediacom?
    I looked into it a bit, thinking of subscribing to Mediacom just to get more games. You have to have a package that includes Cyclone.TV. I think the cheapest one is about $70 per month (including internet).


    Last edited by khardbored; 08-30-2013 at 08:09 AM. Reason: spelling

  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 445,067, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    24,310
    Points
    445,067
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 479
    Given: 110

    Re: Cool! 3 different FB game replays will be available on Cyclone.TV!

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
    Gotta think sports bars around the state will have a Cyclone game on at least one TV most of the time.
    Considering the channel isn't on air for more than a couple hours each night, not really.



  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 59,634, Level: 75
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IAStubborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Keokuk
    Posts
    5,057
    Points
    59,634
    Level
    75
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,092
    Given: 413

    Re: Cool! 3 different FB game replays will be available on Cyclone.TV!

    Quote Originally Posted by khardbored View Post
    I looked into it a bit, thinking of subscribing to Mediacom just to get more games. You have to have a package that includes Cyclone.TV. I think the cheapest one is about $70 per month (including internet).
    Well that is internet with basic cable. The only other package for tv that is lower is internet only and since your house is wired I or internet you get the basic local channels (that are free over the air). That is how they keep from paying for them (they dont charge for them).

    I looked into it too. Call them about basic cable only I think it is $40 or something. The internet is 29.99 (I have internet only at the bundled rate). If you get the family I package it is 49.99 I believe and includes cyclones tv and a comparable lineup to directs basic package and you get the on demand stuff. There isnt a contract now so they are trying the flat rate thing it seems.



  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 45,083, Level: 65
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    NorthCyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,879
    Points
    45,083
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,333
    Given: 134

    Re: Cool! 3 different FB game replays will be available on Cyclone.TV!

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
    I wonder how many caught John Walter's comment on the call-in show last night about game replays. He mentioned that there will actually be 3 different replays of most football games.

    One will be using the production of whatever entity did the original broadcast.
    A second will be with the Walters/Brun's radio call with video.
    A third will be a Mediacom/Cyclone.TV production using the camara crew they'll have at all the games (besides just the UNI game they are broadcasting). Essentially, you'll be able to watch another replay of the game from different camara angles.

    Starting to wonder if there is any need to DVR the live broadcasts.

    Anyway, it is all good for promoting the brand. Gotta think sports bars around the state will have a Cyclone game on at least one TV most of the time.
    Last year there were three versions of every game available in Cyclones.TV. there was the network broadcast, a full version with the radio call and ISU cameras, and an edited version showing only the plays with the radio call and the ISU cameras. I am pretty sure the university makes it's own recordings of every game, which consists of primarily an elevated sideline view and elevated cameras in either end zone. At least that's what it appeared to me last year.



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 137,965, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    theshadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7,202
    Points
    137,965
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 303
    Given: 2

    Re: Cool! 3 different FB game replays will be available on Cyclone.TV!

    Quote Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
    There have been replays for years but now they will be on a dedicated Cyclone channel available statewide in HD Secondly, (and correct me if I'm wrong) I doubt in the past if mediacom had a multiple camara crew producing a second production for the purposes of replaying the game. That will be new (at least that is the impression Walters gave).
    Mediacom has nothing to do with it. They aren't sending their own crew to record the game. It's the feed from the video board.

    You can watch up to 4 different versions of games from 2012 on cyclones.tv -- full network broadcast, edited network broadcast, full video board broadcast (home games only), one-hour condensed replay. The only difference is now you can watch them on TV -- just like with all other cyclones.tv programming.



  11. #11
    Addict
    Points: 95,474, Level: 96
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,576
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    capitalcityguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    5,812
    Points
    95,474
    Level
    96
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 347
    Given: 348

    Re: Cool! 3 different FB game replays will be available on Cyclone.TV!

    Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    Mediacom has nothing to do with it. They aren't sending their own crew to record the game. It's the feed from the video board.

    You can watch up to 4 different versions of games from 2012 on cyclones.tv -- full network broadcast, edited network broadcast, full video board broadcast (home games only), one-hour condensed replay. The only difference is now you can watch them on TV -- just like with all other cyclones.tv programming.
    That certainly wasn't clear in what Walter's said (at least to me). I stand corrected. Regardless, "the only difference" from prior year is a big difference and that is, you can now watch it on TV which means a much greater distribution and exposure.


    CCG

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM