Rob does a great job, but this isn't true at all. The Register has two guys covering Iowa State full-time this season, plus a columnist who will probably cover at least half of Iowa State's games.
Wow, well then you deserve a huge raise! You and Blum provide 10 times the content and quality that the Register does. They report news slower and in less detail/depth than many lughtly staffed operations. UNLESS it is a negative piece then they sensationalize it and call it "investigative". Good investigative journalism is needed but I rarely learn anything from reading the Register anymore. I grew up on the Big Peach and it pains me to say when it comes to cyclone coverage they are number 7 at best right now. Bryce Miller is no Marc Hansen. My top 8 (where I am most likely to get Cyclone related news or analysis) :
1. Cyclone Fanatic (you guys rock)
2. Ames Tribune (better at basketball but still good)
3. WRNL (mostly satire but sometimes decent analysis worked in, and the satire is good)
4. Cedar Rapids Gazette (moving up the latter, good indepth coverage recently)
5. EnCyclonepedia (when you need to geek out)
6. Iowa State Daily (hit and miss, but they broke some stuff last year)
7. Des Moines Register
8. ESPN Big 12 Blog (could move ahead of register now that Ubben is gone)
Last edited by IAStubborn; 08-29-2013 at 07:14 PM.
All content owned by CycloneFanatic.com - All rights reserved 2005-09. By viewing this website you agree to the Terms of Service, Site Rules and Legal Disclaimer. The words, views, images and opinions expressed or provided by users do not reflect the opinions or views of CycloneFanatic.com or Iowa State University. The names, words, symbols, and graphics representing Iowa State University are trademarks and copyrights of the University protected by the trademark and copyright laws of the United States of America and other countries and are used on this web site under license from the University. Original site design, premise & construction by Jeremy Lind.