Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19
    Given: 0

Future schedule..

Why in the world are we playing @toledo in 2015? Are we getting a hefty pay day for going down there? I can't imagine so. And, you want to be frustrated just look at Iowa schedule in 2014 and 2015. Might be the easiest fcs schedule, easily. No osu, mich or penn st. What a joke.

Legend
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 281

Re: Future schedule..

Who really cares who Iowa plays? Seriously? Alomst every team in major college football has an easier schedule than we do. So what?

And I assume we got a road game with Toledo as a two for one swap. That's how it works. Better than playing another FCS school.

Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)

Walk On
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 188

Quote Originally Posted by Beyerball View Post
    Why in the world are we playing @toledo in 2015? Are we getting a hefty pay day for going down there? I can't imagine so. And, you want to be frustrated just look at Iowa schedule in 2014 and 2015. Might be the easiest fcs schedule, easily. No osu, mich or penn st. What a joke.
    I believe the Toledo game is a 2 for 1 swap. That's how it works. Yes....eicc future schedules are a joke but everyone knows that even their fans.

Starter
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9

Iowa's future schedule is no more of a joke than Nebraska's 2013 schedule. Nebraska has scheduled 8 home games (against such challenging competition as 0-12 Southern Miss.; plus Wyoming and South Dakota State). And two of their four "away games" are against Purdue and Minnesota. Nebraska has the lowest ranked Strength of Schedule in the Big Ten ( SOS ranked 70th). The Nebs can't regain their glory days by playing great football; so, they apparently have decided to manipulate their schedule to achieve a good record. I used to have respect for the Cornhusker program. Not so much these days........

Speechless
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 232
    Given: 30

It appears to me that both Toledo and Akron are HOME and AWAY series in a straight 1 to 1 game swap. The mid-majors have been using their bargaining power against the BCS conferences to get 1 for 1 deals unless the BCS school is willing to pay a king's ransom for another home game.

IMO, that is why Pollard is looking at scheduling other BCS schools like a Minnesota or Illinois on a home and away series in the future instead of these MAC schools. Let the mid-majors play themselves and get sucky paydays until the 2 for 1 games come back again.

Notice that the powers with Mega Stadiums have the resources to "pay" teams to come to their venue. And thus have seven or eight home games minimum.

Addict
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone27inQC View Post
    I believe the Toledo game is a 2 for 1 swap.
    It might have been a 2-for-1 before the 9th conference game was added, but as it stands now (through 2020) it's 1-for-1.

All-Star
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 524
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    Who really cares who Iowa plays? Seriously? Alomst every team in major college football has an easier schedule than we do. So what?

And I assume we got a road game with Toledo as a two for one swap. That's how it works. Better than playing another FCS school.
    We should care who Iowa plays and what their schedule is like. We are competing with them for recruits, media coverage, FANS, and resources. If they win a bunch of games because of an easy schedule, it is going to be hard for us to gain ground on them in the areas mentioned above.

Rookie
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19

I would much rather play an fcs school than a road game with a fbs school, any day given how tough our schedules already are. And I do care about Iowa joke of a schedule because when they are playing Ina top tier bowl game sitting at 9-3 in 2015 it will **** me off to no end. Just ******** I guess and you are right it does no good as we can't change it but those damn fans are so arrogant and annoying even more so when they go to a good bowl simply because there schedule was a joke. I don't think Iowa will be better this year, it's hard to be worse, but they like us will set up for 2014 and 2015 years and their schedule makes it 10x easier for them. I hate them.

Legend
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 281

Quote Originally Posted by cayin View Post
    We should care who Iowa plays and what their schedule is like. We are competing with them for recruits, media coverage, FANS, and resources. If they win a bunch of games because of an easy schedule, it is going to be hard for us to gain ground on them in the areas mentioned above.
    What in the world makes you think they are going to "win a bunch of games with an easy schedule"? Did you miss the last few seasons?

Paul Rhoads' players never quit.
    (They just disappear offseason)

All-Star
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 997
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    It might have been a 2-for-1 before the 9th conference game was added, but as it stands now (through 2020) it's 1-for-1.
    No, the press release from April 2, 2009 said it was a straight 1:1 home-away series.

It was just last summer we signed Akron up for a straight home-away in 2018-2019.

Pro
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,445
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25
    Given: 67

FBS, FCS...I still don't know the difference. What a joke. It will always be Division I and 1-AA for me.

Starter
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7
    Given: 13

Quote Originally Posted by cayin View Post
    Preach it, brother. A lot of people here like to pretend that there should be no reason to be concerned about Iowa. *********. Those folks need a history lesson in how Hayden Fry made this a hawkeye state. Yes, he did it by winning. He also did it by sticking it to ISU in any and every way possible. He second obsession, next to Hawkeye football, was Cyclone football. And his obsession helped make us second fiddle. We're [successfully] digging ourselves out of a hole that Fry helped put us in. I'm thankful the hawks have a HC who, for most of his career, has downplayed the ISU-Iowa series. You have to give Mac credit for at least one thing- he knew how ******* important it was to beat Iowa. That will never change, not matter how "uncool" it may be to worry about what that other team on the eastern half of the state is up to.

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11

I would kill for 4 non conference games again and only need to get to 6 wins for a bowl.

All-Star
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 524
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10

What in the world makes you think they are going to "win a bunch of games with an easy schedule"? Did you miss the last few seasons?
    read my post, it said "IF they win a bunch of games". Last few seasons? 2009 BCS win, 2010 a bowl win over Missouri, 2012 4-8 with 6 loses that could have gone either way. So they are still relevant or dangerous, more so than I want them to be.

I'm glad you don't see them as a threat to our program. You feel better than other fans bases that have rivals I guess. I know Texas constantly worries about A and M, now more so then whey they actually played. Oregon and Oregon State fans follow and monitor every move each other make. I do business down in Arizona, same thing with ASU vs Zona. Alabama vs Auburn, yeah they are obsessed with each other. Stupid ignorant Iowa fans can act like ISU is not relevant or a rival, but ISU fans should know better, they are a rival and we should pay attention and discuss their situation, just like other fan bases that have rivals do. This is especially the case in an era (now) that we have a little momentum on them and have a chance to make more gains in media coverage, FANS, resources and recruiting.

Last edited by cayin; 08-24-2013 at 06:54 AM.

Addict
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 390

To the OP, these are also the schools that realize many conferences are moving away from playing against FCS schools, so their leverage is a bit more than in the past. These games will happen, if you don't understand the concept of scheduling, just admit it. And if you're that ****** off, email JP, seems to work for everyone else....