Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Smile What... no n00b love for this forum since June 16th? Let's change that right now!

I'm shocked, I tell ya... SHOCKED that this forum's been deader than the Kansas vs Missouri rivalry over the past couple months. Y'all seriously need to change that up, fast!

Hi, my name is Doug and I'm addicted to... oh, crap, this isn't an AA or NA meeting. So sorry about that!

All joking side, I'm a *very* passionate Collegiate Football junkie, living in an Atlanta suburb. I blame Mike Rouse (ISUGoldenrule on Twitter; and now subsequently Chris Williams) for turning me onto Cyclone Fanatics. An SEC (Arkansas Razorbacks) and Sun Belt (Arkansas State, Georgia State) fan, of course, but I love the game and sport itself.

I fancy myself as a Collegiate Football Historian, often researching game history by way of GridironHistory (to avoid spamming/pimping the site, I'm not linking to it in this post (it's a respect thing, since I'm a guest in someone else's home)).

I'm also a budding Sports Talk Radio Media Personality, doing a once a week show with an awesome co-host, covering not only SEC and Sun Belt Conferences, but also showcasing lesser known schools and people/student athletes. I'm also the webmaster behind the largest fan site (official and unofficial) for the Arkansas Razorbacks (Hogville) as well as Arkansas largest High School Prep Sports site (FearlessFriday).

EDIT Forgot to mention that I actually have a lot of family history tied to the State of Iowa. My Maternal Grandmother was born and raised there (we still have a *very* large farm somewhere), and my Great Grandfather immigrated and relocated to Iowa from what was then known as the USSR (Russia). And yes, even the Des Moines Register has profiled one of my Great Uncles (Grandfather's brother) at this link.

Enough incoherent ramblings from me... if you've got any questions, give me a shoutout here or via Twitter (@BearlyDoug) and I'll do my best to not annoy ya.

Mike (and Chris), thanks for the heads up about this here forum thingie!

Last edited by BearlyDoug; 08-22-2013 at 02:35 PM.
    Doug Hazard
    Host of http://TwoCentsRadio.net, covering SEC & Sun Belt Sports
    Founder, former owner and Lead Historian for "Gridiron History" (Google the name for the site)
    All around CFB Junkie

Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsCreated Album pictures
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Re: What... no n00b love for this forum since June 16th? Let's change that right now!

Whats happening here

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Pro
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 126

Re: What... no n00b love for this forum since June 16th? Let's change that right now!

Welcome Doug! Hopefully you enjoy your time here, be careful not to step in the knee deep sarcasm/BS.

Good luck with the new coaches down at Arkansas, hope you guys can dethrone Bama and LSU in the West.

Prospect
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Just realized that I forgot to mention my direct tie-in/connection with the State of Iowa, so I just modified the post above.

Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    Whats happening here
    Crickets chirping, apparently. :)

Quote Originally Posted by PabloDiablo View Post
    Welcome Doug! Hopefully you enjoy your time here, be careful not to step in the knee deep sarcasm/BS.

Good luck with the new coaches down at Arkansas, hope you guys can dethrone Bama and LSU in the West.
    Used to sorting through the BS/sarcasm. When you Tech Admin a 25,000 member site with damn near 7 million posts, you gotta have a thick skin, haha! Thank you for the well wishes for this year's Hogs. Should be a rather exciting season.

Also, congrats to Coach Rhoads for picking up Chris Klenakis. That's a HUGE get for you guys. His West Coast connections, in terms of recruiting, could help give you guys a very nice advantage within the Big 12 for the next few years, if you can keep him around. I know the allure of the West Coast is there, but he did tell me (via twitter) the other day that he's super excited to be part of the ISU FB staff. Again, great coach to have on your staff now.

Last edited by BearlyDoug; 08-22-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Removed Sig and fixed Coach Rhoads spelling (oops!)

All-Star
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 196
    Given: 768

Quote Originally Posted by BearlyDoug View Post
    Just realized that I forgot to mention my direct tie-in/connection with the State of Iowa, so I just modified the post above.

Crickets chirping, apparently. :)

Used to sorting through the BS/sarcasm. When you Tech Admin a 25,000 member site with damn near 7 million posts, you gotta have a thick skin, haha! Thank you for the well wishes for this year's Hogs. Should be a rather exciting season.

Also, congrats to Coach Rhodes for picking up Chris Klenakis. That's a HUGE get for you guys. His West Coast connections, in terms of recruiting, could help give you guys a very nice advantage within the Big 12 for the next few years, if you can keep him around. I know the allure of the West Coast is there, but he did tell me (via twitter) the other day that he's super excited to be part of the ISU FB staff. Again, great coach to have on your staff now.
    Cardinal Sin here....RHOADS

Welcome though, don't make the mistake again.

Prospect
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Sorry, the Steven RHODES (MTSU player that the NCAA almost screwed over) situation is still fresh on my mind. I knew that it was supposed to be "Rhoads". Fixed post. I'll go sit in the corner with my dunce hat on, though.

Last edited by BearlyDoug; 08-22-2013 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Removed Sig

Pro
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52
    Given: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Clones21 View Post
    Whats happening here
    Hilarious... I got about two paragraphs into the original post and this is exactly the three words that went through my head "What's happening here?"

Legend
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 787
    Given: 44

cyber?

All-Star
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 239
    Given: 67

That's a good point bear, let's try that

Addict
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 172
    Given: 159

Hello n00best n00b. Welcome!

Speechless
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,311
    Given: 1,141

I want my name in this train wreck. I am hereby welcoming myself aboard.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Pro
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,013
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 40

Quote Originally Posted by BearlyDoug View Post
    Also, congrats to Coach Rhoads for picking up Chris Klenakis. That's a HUGE get for you guys. His West Coast connections, in terms of recruiting, could help give you guys a very nice advantage within the Big 12 for the next few years, if you can keep him around. I know the allure of the West Coast is there, but he did tell me (via twitter) the other day that he's super excited to be part of the ISU FB staff. Again, great coach to have on your staff now.
    Welcome to CF. I'll take you up on your offer to answer questions. What else can you say about Chris Klenakis? I read an article about him (Let's Welcome Chris Klenakis To Iowa State - Wide Right & Natty Lite) but I am interested in your take.

"Politics: “Poli” a Latin word meaning “many”; and "tics" meaning “bloodsucking creatures”." ~Robin Williams

Addict
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 301
    Given: 224

Interested in hearing your take on the disgruntled Arkansas State fans who started ripping on ISU because we were invited to "their" bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by John F. Kennedy
    not because they are easy, but because they are hard ... because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win....

Starter
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by NATEizKING View Post
    Hello n00best n00b. Welcome!

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. - George Carlin

Starter
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 489
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 19

Took me a while to remember that the main forums page is the most recent posts throughout all of the forums. Initially, I was going to write some comment about how he must be blind if he thinks this forum is dead... then stopped myself and looked that he in fact did post in a relatively dead area of the site.