Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 35

Meet the Coaches

Was anyone able to attend the Meet the Coaches event last night? I would guess there were 1000+ people there.

A couple of the funnier, more interesting quotes:

Hoiberg talking about Doc Sadler "Doc has had his foot up Percy Gibson's butt this summer. That's good to see."
    Hoiberg talking about the Ohio State game "We got screwed."
    Hoiberg brought up a quote from Georges "We don't take many bad shots, but when we do, Tyrus usually makes them."

Rhoads ended the night talking about his football team. He starts out talking about his first team meeting in 2009. He said he got up in front of the team and told them the goal for that year was to make a bowl game. Some kids snickered, some just looked at him in disbelief.
    Then he says in 2010 during the Tailgate Tour, he told the fans to get their season tickets now, because some day they wouldn't be able to. That really got the crowd going.

This was the first time I had heard Rhoads speak in person. Wow I was blown away. You can hear the passion come through. I can definitely understand how he gets the guys ready for big games.

All-Star
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 29

Re: Meet the Coaches

Yeah, agreed, you hit the highlights. Rhoads is a machine in front of crowds, that guy can flat out speak and motivate. He could sell me snake oil, I totally understand why players would run through brick walls for him...

Another funny quip from Rhoads was that the o-line pushed a sled through a garage door on accident during practice...

Also thought it was nice that he bought the baylor game trip in the live auction for a great cyclone, Jon Schaben.

Pro
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 703
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 238
    Given: 133

Quote Originally Posted by DSMCy View Post
    Was anyone able to attend the Meet the Coaches event last night? I would guess there were 1000+ people there.

A couple of the funnier, more interesting quotes:

Hoiberg talking about Doc Sadler "Doc has had his foot up Percy Gibson's butt this summer. That's good to see."
    Hoiberg talking about the Ohio State game "We got screwed."
    Hoiberg brought up a quote from Georges "We don't take many bad shots, but when we do, Tyrus usually makes them."

Rhoads ended the night talking about his football team. He starts out talking about his first team meeting in 2009. He said he got up in front of the team and told them the goal for that year was to make a bowl game. Some kids snickered, some just looked at him in disbelief.
    Then he says in 2010 during the Tailgate Tour, he told the fans to get their season tickets now, because some day they wouldn't be able to. That really got the crowd going.

This was the first time I had heard Rhoads speak in person. Wow I was blown away. You can hear the passion come through. I can definitely understand how he gets the guys ready for big games.
    Thanks for sharing! I love hearing these things that never really get said in front of media. I know I've seen CFH speak a couple times at events and he usually is REAL funny.

Walk On
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 661
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 81

I agree that Rhoads is great up there in front of a large crowd but that speech he used last night was a recycled speech that he used earlier this year at the Grid Iron Club Coach's Cook Off. I wish when he was talking to fans he'd take a deep breath sometimes and calm down a little.

IMO, Hoiberg was the most interesting to listen too. My main two takeaways from him are that Kane was a big time get and he's still ****** about the Ohio State game.

Addict
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsSocial
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 519
    Given: 467

I don't recall even hearing any announcement about this event. Was it open to the public?

P.S. I've never been to anything that matched Coach Rhoads and the other football coaches at the Cyclone Fanatic Recruitment Day party. That event is awesome. And after the speeches, they just hang around and talk football with you.

Addict
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,463
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 0

Another thing to mention that I thought was important: Hoiberg said with all sincerity and said in a way that was a bit of a throw down for anyone who wished to challenge "I'd take Melvin Ejim and Goerges Niang against anyone.."

You can tell when Hoiberg speaks about last year..and about what he wants to do, getting to the NCAAs isn't enough. He said that he thought last years team was playing well and really felt that final four was going to happen.

ISU Grad 1997.
    ISU Fan for Life.

Not in CO anymore but I'm not changing my name :)

Addict
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 243
    Given: 221

They showed some shots of the event on TV13 last night. Really cool how the colors of the ballroom at Vet's can be changed to reflect whatever event is held in there. From TV, the entire room seemed to glow cardinal and gold.

CCG

All-Star
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17
    Given: 0

Great night and a fun time.
    A few random impressions.

1. Hoiberg probably slept on the couch even if CPR tried to help him out of the doghouse.
    2. CPR (imho) opinion said we woudl play hoard, do it right, have commitment, but no promises, as is it could be a long season. Just my opinion.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 242
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 43
    Given: 73

I also enjoyed the event, missed Christiani's catering, that stuff is awesome.

Here's a question I discussed with a couple people after the event last night. Who is the better speaker to a group like that, Danny Mac or CPR? I've seen CPR speak many more times but I was also a big fan of McCarney. I think they have very similar styles, go for the emotional, high intensity yell/shout speech. I said CPR is probably a little better, a few older guys said McCarney.

What do you think?