Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    All-Star
    Points: 50,575, Level: 69
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 575
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCYWX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Spamville, MN
    Posts
    1,622
    Points
    50,575
    Level
    69
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 323
    Given: 192

    Preferred Walk-On Transfer

    Caleb Leichtnam, standout star at Rochester Community & Technical College will be a preferred walk-on, sitting out this year.

    After talking with our sports department, the Sports Director said he is 2-time All American and National Defensive Player of the Year his freshman season. Runs a 4.45 40yd Listed at 6'0" 188#

    2012 RCTC Football Roster

    RCTC is a pretty good program... only losing nine games in the last six years.


    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it." -- Albert Einstein

  2. #2
    Speechless
    Points: 458,350, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    69,703
    Points
    458,350
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,173
    Given: 1,940

    Re: Preferred Walk-On Transfer



    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Georges, Georgios, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 32,141, Level: 55
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 909
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,311
    Points
    32,141
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 155
    Given: 175

    Re: Preferred Walk-On Transfer

    So he'll redshirt and have 2 years of eligibility?

    Should be a good gunner if nothing else.



  4. #4
    Starter
    Points: 23,064, Level: 46
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 486
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    cobraclone71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    875
    Points
    23,064
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 38

    Re: Preferred Walk-On Transfer




  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 87,338, Level: 91
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    FarminCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Right Over There
    Posts
    3,185
    Points
    87,338
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 734
    Given: 163

    Re: Preferred Walk-On Transfer

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCYWX View Post
    Caleb Leichtnam, standout star at Rochester Community & Technical College will be a preferred walk-on, sitting out this year.

    After talking with our sports department, the Sports Director said he is 2-time All American and National Defensive Player of the Year his freshman season. Runs a 4.45 40yd Listed at 6'0" 188#

    2012 RCTC Football Roster

    RCTC is a pretty good program... only losing nine games in the last six years.
    its a good program for non scholarship JUCO. My brothers in law played for another team in that same conference and let's just say a school like IWCC would easily hang 75 points on RCTC. None of the schools from that Minnesota conference play scholarship schools on a regular basis and when they do it is a very long ugly day for them.

    Not saying he can't be a good player as RCTC has turned out some decent players. But I always hate how RCTC touts their record when they don't even play "big boy" JUCO ball.

    If I remember right they played in that JUCO bowl in Cedar Falls not too long ago and got by 60 or 70 by a scholarship team.

    Regardless, welcome aboard and good luck.



  6. #6
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 112,152, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,651
    Points
    112,152
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 851
    Given: 0

    Re: Preferred Walk-On Transfer

    Had 20 interceptions his freshman season. At least we know he can catch.

    RCTC's Leichtnam hopes to pick off D-I scholarship - PostBulletin.com: Local Sports



  7. #7
    Speechless
    Points: 458,350, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    69,703
    Points
    458,350
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,173
    Given: 1,940

    Re: Preferred Walk-On Transfer

    Quote Originally Posted by CYphyllis View Post
    Had 20 interceptions his freshman season. At least we know he can catch.

    RCTC's Leichtnam hopes to pick off D-I scholarship - PostBulletin.com: Local Sports
    20 INTERCEPTIONS IN A CAREER IS GOOD. Put another way, how many of our receivers caught 20 passes in a season?


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Georges, Georgios, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  8. #8
    Pro
    Points: 87,338, Level: 91
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    FarminCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Right Over There
    Posts
    3,185
    Points
    87,338
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 734
    Given: 163

    Re: Preferred Walk-On Transfer

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    20 INTERCEPTIONS IN A CAREER IS GOOD. Put another way, how many of our receivers caught 20 passes in a season?
    That's an impressive stat. I remember seeing a story about him on Rochester news when visiting in laws. But as stated earlier my brothers in law played in that conference. And having sat through some of their games the term quarterback in that conference is defined by whomever is willing to play the position. Those games normally had a lot of Ints due to such horrible QB play. I cannot emphasize enough how bad the football is in that conference. It was painful to watch at times.

    Once again not saying he can't be a good player. Just saying keep expectations in check considering those stats were against teams that wouldn't even be a good 4A high school team (and that is not an exaggeration).



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 193,253, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveVeteran
    cmjh10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Iowa Falls
    Posts
    12,738
    Points
    193,253
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,671
    Given: 8,063

    Re: Preferred Walk-On Transfer

    Quote Originally Posted by FarminCy View Post
    That's an impressive stat. I remember seeing a story about him on Rochester news when visiting in laws. But as stated earlier my brothers in law played in that conference. And having sat through some of their games the term quarterback in that conference is defined by whomever is willing to play the position. Those games normally had a lot of Ints due to such horrible QB play. I cannot emphasize enough how bad the football is in that conference. It was painful to watch at times.

    Once again not saying he can't be a good player. Just saying keep expectations in check considering those stats were against teams that wouldn't even be a good 4A high school team (and that is not an exaggeration).
    Quit ruining the mood, you Debbie Downer


    ***Official Unofficial Spokesman of Cyclone Fanatic.***


    ​Least favorite poster: JHUNSY


  10. #10
    Starter
    Points: 23,169, Level: 46
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Hayes30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Melcher-Dallas
    Posts
    904
    Points
    23,169
    Level
    46
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 113
    Given: 0

    Re: Preferred Walk-On Transfer

    I am impressed with the preferred/invited walkons the past few seasons. Keep em coming CPR.



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 190,186, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Judoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Timbuktu
    Posts
    14,935
    Points
    190,186
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,838
    Given: 3,452

    Re: Preferred Walk-On Transfer

    Quote Originally Posted by FarminCy View Post
    Once again not saying he can't be a good player. Just saying keep expectations in check considering those stats were against teams that wouldn't even be a good 4A high school team (and that is not an exaggeration).
    He's a preferred walk on. If he sees the two deeps at all he's exceeded my expectations. Best of luck to him though and glad to have him aboard. Even if he doesn't see the field upgrading the talent level of our walk ons and back ups is essential to keep moving the team in an upwards direction.



  12. #12
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 69,853, Level: 82
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,597
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    CYCLNST8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Urbandale
    Posts
    4,286
    Points
    69,853
    Level
    82
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,353
    Given: 3,194

    Re: Preferred Walk-On Transfer

    Quote Originally Posted by Judoka View Post
    He's a preferred walk on. If he sees the two deeps at all he's exceeded my expectations. Best of luck to him though and glad to have him aboard. Even if he doesn't see the field upgrading the talent level of our walk ons and back ups is essential to keep moving the team in an upwards direction.
    I thought the direction was "FORWARD."




    Thank you to Kagavi & amestoplease for the sweet designs!

  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 458,350, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    69,703
    Points
    458,350
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,173
    Given: 1,940

    Re: Preferred Walk-On Transfer

    Quote Originally Posted by Hayes30 View Post
    I am impressed with the preferred/invited walkons the past few seasons. Keep em coming CPR.
    That is actually a Progressive /communist term. Upwards is better.


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Georges, Georgios, 3sus, Hallice, Deonte, Abdel, Monte, Matt, and McKaT.

  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 111,306, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    ribsnwhiskey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    5,839
    Points
    111,306
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,696
    Given: 458

    Re: Preferred Walk-On Transfer

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    That is actually a Progressive /communist term. Upwards is better.
    Yeah, because why would anyone want progress when life was so much better in the 50s?



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: ESPNU
  • HOOPS: Iowa State @ Texas Tech
  • February 9, 2016
  • 08:00 PM