Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: First post

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Points: 7,091, Level: 25
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    366
    Points
    7,091
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 15

    First post

    I'll introduce myself. Born in Iowa, have lived in Missouri for decades. Missouri's move to the SEC was a mistake and Iowa State is headed in the opposite direction from Missouri. Missouri's season ticket sales are down, Iowa State is having record sales. Missouri's recruiting is last in the SEC and getting worse.

    Go Cyclones.



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 25,836, Level: 49
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 714
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    ISUagger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    1,046
    Points
    25,836
    Level
    49
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 108
    Given: 28

    Re: First post

    I just had two guys from work give in and join in the last three weeks. I think it's a good sign.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 226,789, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,566
    Points
    226,789
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,093
    Given: 755

    Re: First post

    I know a lot of people feel the exact opposite, but I would welcome back a humbled Mizzou with open arms. It would be worth it for the comedy of them admitting their mistake alone.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 52,126, Level: 70
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 424
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    NickTheGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    5,979
    Points
    52,126
    Level
    70
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 857
    Given: 1,131

    Re: First post

    You got that right! Welcome



  5. #5
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 60,773, Level: 76
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 877
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,512
    Points
    60,773
    Level
    76
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 61

    Re: First post

    Welcome



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 165,462, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CysRage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    8,824
    Points
    165,462
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,112
    Given: 1,824

    Re: First post

    Quote Originally Posted by Newell View Post
    I'll introduce myself. Born in Iowa, have lived in Missouri for decades. Missouri's move to the SEC was a mistake and Iowa State is headed in the opposite direction from Missouri. Missouri's season ticket sales are down, Iowa State is having record sales. Missouri's recruiting is last in the SEC and getting worse.

    Go Cyclones.
    Welcome to Fanatic! I agree with you Missouri signed its death certificate by moving to the SEC. Although people were disappointed that ISU remained in the Big 12 in fear of another conference meltdown, I honestly think the Big 12 is the best option for ISU and I couldn't be happier things are sure turning around and we may see some golden years for the conference and for ISU competing in the conference for all major sports. Go Cyclones!


    "The greatest risk in life is not taking one"

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 131,814, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CarlHungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    6,504
    Points
    131,814
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,744
    Given: 1,674

    Re: First post

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    I know a lot of people feel the exact opposite, but I would welcome back a humbled Mizzou with open arms. It would be worth it for the comedy of them admitting their mistake alone.
    I'm with you. As much as I hate Mizzou, Colorado, Nebraska, and the mason jars for bolting, I still miss the old big 12. Nothing against TCU or West Virginia, that's just the Big 12 I grew up with and I'm nostalgic



  8. #8
    Rookie
    Points: 7,091, Level: 25
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    366
    Points
    7,091
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 15

    Re: First post

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    I know a lot of people feel the exact opposite, but I would welcome back a humbled Mizzou with open arms. It would be worth it for the comedy of them admitting their mistake alone.
    I've always been a Cyclone fan along with a Missouri fan. I know that seems odd. When the two teams played I had mixed feelings. I knew the family of Lance Young, you may remember him, and enjoyed watching him play even when he beat Missouri.

    I won't get into the Missouri thing other than to say they brought in a group of non-native Missourians to run the school and dumped 100 years of tradition for money and deserve the consequences of that decision.

    But, I'd rather keep it positive about ISU than dump on Missouri which has enough problems.



  9. #9
    Legend
    Points: 226,789, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,566
    Points
    226,789
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,093
    Given: 755

    Re: First post

    Quote Originally Posted by CarlHungus View Post
    I'm with you. As much as I hate Mizzou, Colorado, Nebraska, and the mason jars for bolting, I still miss the old big 12. Nothing against TCU or West Virginia, that's just the Big 12 I grew up with and I'm nostalgic
    Agreed. And I just hate that it really does feel, geographically at least, like the Texas conference with a few weird outliers right now. Mizzou coming back would instantly make the conference geography make sense again.



  10. #10
    Legend
    Points: 226,789, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    MNCyGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    11,566
    Points
    226,789
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,093
    Given: 755

    Re: First post

    Quote Originally Posted by Newell View Post
    I've always been a Cyclone fan along with a Missouri fan. I know that seems odd. When the two teams played I had mixed feelings. I knew the family of Lance Young, you may remember him, and enjoyed watching him play even when he beat Missouri.

    I won't get into the Missouri thing other than to say they brought in a group of non-native Missourians to run the school and dumped 100 years of tradition for money and deserve the consequences of that decision.

    But, I'd rather keep it positive about ISU than dump on Missouri which has enough problems.
    Can't we do both?



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 467,298, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    70,964
    Points
    467,298
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,378
    Given: 2,181

    Re: First post

    Quote Originally Posted by Newell View Post
    I'll introduce myself. Born in Iowa, have lived in Missouri for decades. Missouri's move to the SEC was a mistake and Iowa State is headed in the opposite direction from Missouri. Missouri's season ticket sales are down, Iowa State is having record sales. Missouri's recruiting is last in the SEC and getting worse.

    Go Cyclones.
    Sounds like they need the BIG.


    Let Prohm's Posse Ride: Hallice, Brady, Stu, Lard, Naz, Deonte, Monte, Matt, Simeon, Jordan, and Babb.

  12. #12
    Rookie
    Points: 7,091, Level: 25
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    366
    Points
    7,091
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 15

    Re: First post

    Quote Originally Posted by CysRage View Post
    Welcome to Fanatic! I agree with you Missouri signed its death certificate by moving to the SEC. Although people were disappointed that ISU remained in the Big 12 in fear of another conference meltdown, I honestly think the Big 12 is the best option for ISU and I couldn't be happier things are sure turning around and we may see some golden years for the conference and for ISU competing in the conference for all major sports. Go Cyclones!
    Thanks. Yes I agree the Big XII is the best for ISU. I don't see anything wrong with cashing a check for $20 million dollars every year from the conference. That money will build a lot of facilities and the Big XII opens up Texas for recruiting.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 66,842, Level: 80
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,208
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Acylum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    3,289
    Points
    66,842
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,025
    Given: 2,448

    Re: First post

    Newell posts. I get it. Welcome.


    I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

  14. #14
    Rookie
    Points: 7,091, Level: 25
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    366
    Points
    7,091
    Level
    25
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 15

    Re: First post

    Quote Originally Posted by MNCyGuy View Post
    Agreed. And I just hate that it really does feel, geographically at least, like the Texas conference with a few weird outliers right now. Mizzou coming back would instantly make the conference geography make sense again.
    I don't see that happening at least for a few decades. If the cash from the SEC network as anything close to the hype there will be too many Missouri people profiting off the SEC to want to abandon the conference, and I'm not sure the Big XII would allow Missouri to return even if they wanted to.



  15. #15
    Rookie
    Points: 11,088, Level: 31
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyclonesForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    540
    Points
    11,088
    Level
    31
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 93
    Given: 7

    Re: First post

    Quote Originally Posted by Newell View Post
    I don't see that happening at least for a few decades. If the cash from the SEC network as anything close to the hype there will be too many Missouri people profiting off the SEC to want to abandon the conference, and I'm not sure the Big XII would allow Missouri to return even if they wanted to.
    I think the Big 12 would take back Mizzou and Nebraska without much hesitation as long as they agreed to sign a gor.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM