Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 1

Jack Trice Immortalized

Yes I am an infrequent poster but I am really jacked about the season and the the throwbacks. I don't think it should be a permanent thing. Can we totally verify that Jack wore 37, retire the jersey, and replicate the number, in the true font of the day, on the back of the helmets?

Walk On
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 91

Re: Jack Trice Immortalized

Quote Originally Posted by TOFB4ISU View Post
    Yes I am an infrequent poster but I am really jacked about the season and the the throwbacks. I don't think it should be a permanent thing. Can we totally verify that Jack wore 37, retire the jersey, and replicate the number, in the true font of the day, on the back of the helmets?
    Whelp, "we" can't do a lot here that's on that list. Retiring the jersey/number, ect, would be something that would come from Coach Paul Rhoads and AD Jamie Pollard. Doing the number thing on the helmets would be cool--but again, a Pollard/Rhoads thing, and probably too late to do it, since the jersey's/helmets are finished and released to the public.

As far as confirming his number to be #37, here's where you would want to look: Jack Trice’s Jersey Number Mystery Solved | Kagavi

"There's always some guy that knows what the hell's going on. I get a kick out of how much of an authority these guys are, who have never been to my practices. That amazes me, how they can tell me what's wrong with my team. And I must really be dumb, because I'm there every day and goddamn I have a hard time figuring it out sometimes."-Johnny Orr