Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Addict
    Points: 170,813, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,235
    Points
    170,813
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 0

    Need someone with photoshop....

    ... to take the colors of the throwback uniforms and put them on our current uniforms.

    I absolutely love the throwbacks and wish we could just stick with them, but I know that will never happen. But the next best scenario IMO, is to at least make our "gold" really gold like in the throwbacks, and make our cardinal more like the cardinal in the throwbacks as well.

    I cannot stand yellow. Yellow is NOT gold. It would look sweet to make this change, and then we wouldn't look like we totally copied USC either. Oh.... and also stick a gold stripe down the middle of the helmet too. Then they would be perfect.



  2. #2
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 10,267, Level: 30
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    cycophagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    279
    Points
    10,267
    Level
    30
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 8

    Re: Need someone with photoshop....

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    ... to take the colors of the throwback uniforms and put them on our current uniforms.

    I absolutely love the throwbacks and wish we could just stick with them, but I know that will never happen. But the next best scenario IMO, is to at least make our "gold" really gold like in the throwbacks, and make our cardinal more like the cardinal in the throwbacks as well.

    I cannot stand yellow. Yellow is NOT gold. It would look sweet to make this change, and then we wouldn't look like we totally copied USC either. Oh.... and also stick a gold stripe down the middle of the helmet too. Then they would be perfect.
    Seconded!! Love that JT gold!!!!



  3. #3
    Starter
    Points: 24,454, Level: 47
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    F5cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    924
    Points
    24,454
    Level
    47
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 13

    Re: Need someone with photoshop....

    Quote Originally Posted by clonedude View Post
    ... to take the colors of the throwback uniforms and put them on our current uniforms.

    I absolutely love the throwbacks and wish we could just stick with them, but I know that will never happen. But the next best scenario IMO, is to at least make our "gold" really gold like in the throwbacks, and make our cardinal more like the cardinal in the throwbacks as well.

    I cannot stand yellow. Yellow is NOT gold. It would look sweet to make this change, and then we wouldn't look like we totally copied USC either. Oh.... and also stick a gold stripe down the middle of the helmet too. Then they would be perfect.
    Agree. If we can't keep the throwbacks as a permanent change (even with some possible minor modifications) - then I'd like to see us go with the real gold as well. The cheer squds the past year or two have had real gold as part of their uniform. Not sure it was all of them, but I seem to remember maybe the poms having gold accents?



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 213,778, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    JUKEBOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,021
    Points
    213,778
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 46
    Given: 0

    Re: Need someone with photoshop....





  5. #5
    Addict
    Points: 170,813, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    clonedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    6,235
    Points
    170,813
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58
    Given: 0

    Re: Need someone with photoshop....

    Quote Originally Posted by JUKEBOX View Post


    Not bad. I like it. Can you put a couple gold stripes on the shoulders and one in the middle of the helmet too?



  6. #6
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 39,131, Level: 61
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,219
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience Points1 year registered
    JoshuaKagavi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    273
    Points
    39,131
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 0

    Re: Need someone with photoshop....

    Posted in other thread:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yellow-vs-gold.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	21122


    Projects inspired by Grandpa's campfire stories.
    www.kagavi.com/blog
    | www.twitter.com/joshuakagavi

  7. #7
    All-Star
    Points: 37,122, Level: 59
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 728
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,392
    Points
    37,122
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 10

    Re: Need someone with photoshop....

    Yeah, me, too. The real gold is tops. Let's get the real colors on the unis. After all, the SF 49ers copied our unis, correct? Why did we abandon it, I wonder? It was Johnny Majors who went to yellow gold, right?

    Stapleton's boys wore gold (I saw the 1967 ISU-Iowa freshman football game, the Cyclones wore gold, not yellow. It was distinctive.) How far back does the use of gold go at ISU, anyone know?

    If there was a vote (or a poll) I would mark gold over yellow without hesitation. Wonder if I'd be with the majority?


    Mankind, when left to themselves, are unfit for their own government.
    -George Washington

    We, the People, are the problem. I knew it!

  8. #8
    Walk On
    Points: 2,935, Level: 15
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    CostaDelMar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    155
    Points
    2,935
    Level
    15
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: Need someone with photoshop....

    What needs to happen to make this a reasonable change?


    “I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father” –Greg Norman

  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 40,185, Level: 61
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Rods79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    2,479
    Points
    40,185
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

    Re: Need someone with photoshop....

    This is where the design was before we went full on USC colors:



  10. #10
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 91,992, Level: 94
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,158
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Bader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    4,382
    Points
    91,992
    Level
    94
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 8

    Re: Need someone with photoshop....

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaKagavi View Post
    Posted in other thread:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yellow-vs-gold.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	21122
    Goooo, had not seen that...yes please. I have been stating forever they should switch to the 49ers/FSUs color scheme, but I'll happily take this



  11. #11
    Legend
    Points: 313,415, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    13,682
    Points
    313,415
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 379

    Re: Need someone with photoshop....

    Quote Originally Posted by Bader View Post
    Goooo, had not seen that...yes please. I have been stating forever they should switch to the 49ers/FSUs color scheme, but I'll happily take this
    It wouldn't even be full on FSU colors because their Garnet is darker than our Cardinal and the 49ers Scarlet is different than Cardinal as well.

    I would love this change. Would need to be changed on the logo too though, which is probably why it wont happen. They've spent a crapload of money to plaster that logo everywhere.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 19,730, Level: 42
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,117
    Points
    19,730
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 4

    Re: Need someone with photoshop....

    Quote Originally Posted by CyValley View Post
    Yeah, me, too. The real gold is tops. Let's get the real colors on the unis. After all, the SF 49ers copied our unis, correct? Why did we abandon it, I wonder? It was Johnny Majors who went to yellow gold, right?

    Stapleton's boys wore gold (I saw the 1967 ISU-Iowa freshman football game, the Cyclones wore gold, not yellow. It was distinctive.) How far back does the use of gold go at ISU, anyone know?

    If there was a vote (or a poll) I would mark gold over yellow without hesitation. Wonder if I'd be with the majority?
    I've always liked the ol' notre dame helmet look with the walking Cy. Here is a link to the helmet history. ISU Helmet History - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports Gold was our original colors appears. I wish we would have gotten this right the first time and went cardinal and gold like the photo shopped picture. Oh well everything is getting better little by little so maybe some day.



  13. #13
    Pro
    Points: 38,263, Level: 60
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 787
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,025
    Points
    38,263
    Level
    60
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 100
    Given: 28

    Re: Need someone with photoshop....

    Quote Originally Posted by cyhiphopp View Post
    It wouldn't even be full on FSU colors because their Garnet is darker than our Cardinal and the 49ers Scarlet is different than Cardinal as well.

    I would love this change. Would need to be changed on the logo too though, which is probably why it wont happen. They've spent a crapload of money to plaster that logo everywhere.
    I personally would be fine if they switched and used the gold just for football but not necessarily for everything else. For some reason I've never been a fan of the old gold on a basketball court.



  14. #14
    Addict
    Points: 85,616, Level: 91
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,834
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    mtowncyclone13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,056
    Points
    85,616
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 147
    Given: 110

    Re: Need someone with photoshop....

    have you all forgotten our original colors were black and silver?


    "What Fred is doing isn't really working, it just appears that way. Don't ever forget, slow and steady wins the race." -HawkeyeNation.com

    "Are we a football school or a basketball school?" "Volleyball I think".
    "That's not good".

  15. #15
    Legend
    Points: 313,415, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    cyhiphopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Johnston
    Posts
    13,682
    Points
    313,415
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 180
    Given: 379

    Re: Need someone with photoshop....

    Quote Originally Posted by mtowncyclone13 View Post
    have you all forgotten our original colors were black and silver?
    That's it. I'm showing up like this for the UNI game.




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 06:00 PM