Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Speechless
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 9

Re: Single Game Tickets: On Sale Starting Tuesday-Thursday

Shooting for 1 extra Iowa ticket, location is irrelevant. Hoping I can still snag one with my Century level donation.

In 1984, I was hospitalized for approaching perfection.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 107

I cant remember the last time there was ' LOTS' of Iowa fans in JTS.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 30
    Given: 107

I hope lots of ISU fans buy them up too!

All-Star
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 407
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I'm curious about the market value of these tickets. The value has been going down for the past two years with Iowas decline. I remember selling a single ticket at kinnick 3 years ago and getting 4x face value to an Iowa fan. Last year it sold for 1.5x face to an ISU fan.

I usually hate watching this game because I want both teams to do well in their respective seasons. I just assume that selling the tickets will pay a bar/tailgate tab. However, this year will be easy to root for the good guys. I am expecting hillsides to go for $30-40 and stadium seating to start at $50-60/ticket. This game might have the least amount of Hawkeyes in Jack Trice as there have ever been in the history of this rivalry. Will be a fun game to see.

Kinnick smells like syrup.

Asst. Regional Manager
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 132
    Given: 110

Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Or not at all. If Cyclone fans wouldn't sell their tickets to them - there would be very few in the stadium.

Based on their fickleness and the last couple years, there won't be that many to deal with. I would say 2011 was the least amount of Hawk fans I've seen invade JTS in quite some time.

Remember that stressed spelled backwards is desserts!

"The New England Patriots: As annoying as the Yankess, just with 23 fewer titles."

All-Star
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 4

Quote Originally Posted by ISUboi12 View Post
    I'm curious about the market value of these tickets. The value has been going down for the past two years with Iowas decline. I remember selling a single ticket at kinnick 3 years ago and getting 4x face value to an Iowa fan. Last year it sold for 1.5x face to an ISU fan.

I usually hate watching this game because I want both teams to do well in their respective seasons. I just assume that selling the tickets will pay a bar/tailgate tab. However, this year will be easy to root for the good guys. I am expecting hillsides to go for $30-40 and stadium seating to start at $50-60/ticket. This game might have the least amount of Hawkeyes in Jack Trice as there have ever been in the history of this rivalry. Will be a fun game to see.
    It depends if the Hawks beat Northern Illinois, if they do they will think they are back and will be title contenders. So I can see them buying tickets and spending the extra money to see the game. Also, since we have the hillside season tickets, etc. at a cheaper price I wouldn't be surprised to see them purchase those. There always seems to be too many, heck one is too many in my opinion.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 137
    Given: 47

Current stubhub pricing information

Lower deck sideline- average sale price of 337, with the lowest ticket available right now for just under 300 for a single, 350 if you want 2 or more.

Lower corner average sale 180, lowest unsold at 190

Hillside average sale and current low sale are around 110

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Current stubhub pricing information

Lower deck sideline- average sale price of 337, with the lowest ticket available right now for just under 300 for a single, 350 if you want 2 or more.

Lower corner average sale 180, lowest unsold at 190

Hillside average sale and current low sale are around 110
    Stubhub a month in advance is not a good indicator of market value. At this point people are just trying to maximize profit on the breadwinner game. You'll see mass tickets being dumped the week of the game.

Hillside tickets for TCU and Oklahoma State are listed on Stubhub for $10. Do you really think the Iowa game holds a premium of 10x those games? Cue Superbowl argument.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Stubhub a month in advance is not a good indicator of market value. At this point people are just trying to maximize profit on the breadwinner game. You'll see mass tickets being dumped the week of the game.

Hillside tickets for TCU and Oklahoma State are listed on Stubhub for $10. Do you really think the Iowa game holds a premium of 10x those games? Cue Superbowl argument.
    Stubhub is the very definition of market value. Now the market value may drop over time, but only typically because some held out too long at too high a price and then just try to get what they can. At the same time, the market value may go up as more people start thinking about football season and realize 'damn there arent any tickets available through ISU, lets see what they run for online'.

What some desperate schmuck drops their tickets for 10 minutes before the game because they failed to sell where the rest of the market did is not indicative of the overall market value.

And yes, i do think Iowa holds a premium of 10x those games. And it has nothing to do with 'superbowl' and everything to do with you have a TON more interested people in the game. Casual fans of both sides are more interested, and its the one game a year fans of both major teams in the state want to buy tickets to a game in only one stadium. For similar reasons, UNI is also a damn good scalping ticket.

Additionally, ISU-Iowa will sell out this week most likely (before tickets go on sale to the general public), meaning you'll have to buy from someone else to even get hillside, driving the price up, whereas you'll likely be able to buy an OSU (or most other games) hillside for quite some time.

Last edited by alarson; 08-06-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Bench Warmer
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 112
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by alarson View Post
    Stubhub is the very definition of market value. Now the market value may drop over time, but only typically because some held out too long at too high a price and then just try to get what they can. At the same time, the market value may go up as more people start thinking about football season and realize 'damn there arent any tickets available through ISU, lets see what they run for online'.

What some desperate schmuck drops their tickets for 10 minutes before the game because they failed to sell where the rest of the market did is not indicative of the overall market value.
    If hardly no one is buying them then that's not really the tickets market value.

Speechless
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonefan710 View Post
    If hardly no one is buying them then that's not really the tickets market value.
    Plenty of people are buying though. I was reporting the average sales price, not just the average listed price (or average unsold price, that includes prices where someone just throws their ticket up for $1000 and figures if it sells they can enjoy it on tv)

Rookie
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 7

They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Speechless
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 565
    Given: 529

Yes. People selling tickets around the Iowa game will be naming their own price.

Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!

http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Hall-Of-Famer
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,300
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 2

Highly, highly doubtful. Last time Iowa State had Iowa at home in Jack Trice stadium I paid $125 for a hillside seat. That'd be awesome if it was the case but the hillsides are already going for around $115-120 on stubhub.

All-Star
    Achievements:

Level
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by GoSTATE71 View Post
    Highly, highly doubtful. Last time Iowa State had Iowa at home in Jack Trice stadium I paid $125 for a hillside seat. That'd be awesome if it was the case but the hillsides are already going for around $115-120 on stubhub.
    I bought that GA ticket day-of for $40. There is a large cost difference between your ticket and mine.

The ticket office technically isn't even sold out now. How can market value actually be higher than tickets retail value when these tickets are still available?

When all tickets are sold from the AD and are in the market (will happen), then you can get a true sense of market value. When all is said and done, the ticket will be worth what someone is willing to pay; as was alluded to earlier.

If you want to be certain you have a seat, or if sitting close is important to you; then you are going to pay that premium. If every hillside ticket was easily going for $120+, then almost everyone with a brain that owns that ticket would be trying to sell it. The truth is, there is an abundance of tickets at $109 now that aren't being sold. That will drop until people start buying them.

As I said before, Hawks don't want to buy away tickets to watch their team get beat. That takes a huge bite out of the crowd that is willing to pay premiums. All of the Cyclone fans that are willing to pay premium prices already have season tickets. It's just my speculation, I'm certainly not an economist.