Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Pro
    Points: 73,331, Level: 84
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,519
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    2,330
    Points
    73,331
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 43

    Big 12 Summer Shootaround

    Here is a good read from ESPN:

    Summer Shootaround: Big 12 - ESPN



  2. #2
    All-Star
    Points: 18,766, Level: 41
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ames, IA
    Posts
    1,404
    Points
    18,766
    Level
    41
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 645
    Given: 3,685

    Re: Big 12 Summer Shootaround

    Quote Originally Posted by nallen34 View Post
    Here is a good read from ESPN:

    Summer Shootaround: Big 12 - ESPN
    Wow, KU and OSU are absolutely stacked this year. ISU and Baylor should be pretty good teams. Everyone else will be average to very bad.



  3. #3
    Legend
    Points: 214,305, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranSocial
    State43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    14,180
    Points
    214,305
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,615
    Given: 781

    Re: Big 12 Summer Shootaround

    Aside from those 4 teams, this conference could be terrible this year. ISU has to show up in non conference or get big wins against the other 3. BU I am not too worried about, KU and OSU on the other hand....



  4. #4
    Legend
    Points: 124,065, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CyTwins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Ankeny
    Posts
    14,165
    Points
    124,065
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,095
    Given: 3,961

    Re: Big 12 Summer Shootaround

    Quote Originally Posted by isutrevman View Post
    Wow, KU and OSU are absolutely stacked this year. ISU and Baylor should be pretty good teams. Everyone else will be average to very bad.
    I feel like the top 4 are going to be solid and some team will surprise people and be a respectable #5 in the league. We'll get 5 teams in the tourney



  5. #5
    Pro
    Points: 32,240, Level: 55
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 810
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    southern iowa
    Posts
    3,179
    Points
    32,240
    Level
    55
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 273
    Given: 562

    Re: Big 12 Summer Shootaround

    Good read, thanks for posting.



  6. #6
    Starter
    Points: 13,749, Level: 35
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 301
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    westlbcyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    West Liberty
    Posts
    778
    Points
    13,749
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 18

    Re: Big 12 Summer Shootaround

    Quote Originally Posted by CyTwins View Post
    I feel like the top 4 are going to be solid and some team will surprise people and be a respectable #5 in the league. We'll get 5 teams in the tourney
    I really think that will be OU. I'll hop on the CW love-wagon for Lon Kruger, dude is legit.


    Cyclone in the heart of enemy territory

  7. #7
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 3,456, Level: 17
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 394
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Western Nebraska
    Posts
    232
    Points
    3,456
    Level
    17
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 54
    Given: 304

    Re: Big 12 Summer Shootaround

    Anybody have insider and can tell us where Fraschilla has us ranked in Big 12 power rankings, and what he said? It's off on the sidebar to the right. He has KU number 1 but that's all you can see without insider.




    "There's always some guy that knows what the hell's going on. I get a kick out of how much of an authority these guys are, who have never been to my practices. That amazes me, how they can tell me what's wrong with my team. And I must really be dumb, because I'm there every day and goddamn I have a hard time figuring it out sometimes."-Johnny Orr

  8. #8
    Addict
    Points: 85,731, Level: 91
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,719
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BallSoHard4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    6,698
    Points
    85,731
    Level
    91
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 678
    Given: 302

    Re: Big 12 Summer Shootaround

    I honestly can't see anyone else besides OU being that respectable 5th place team. We could seriously lose all 6 games vs the top 3, and still go 12-6 in league play. That's how bad this league is this year.


    Quote Originally Posted by hoiballin33 View Post
    Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?

  9. #9
    Pro
    Points: 73,331, Level: 84
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,519
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranRecommendation First Class50000 Experience Points
    nallen34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Grimes, IA
    Posts
    2,330
    Points
    73,331
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73
    Given: 43

    Re: Big 12 Summer Shootaround

    Quote Originally Posted by cycloneinpdx View Post
    Anybody have insider and can tell us where Fraschilla has us ranked in Big 12 power rankings, and what he said? It's off on the sidebar to the right. He has KU number 1 but that's all you can see without insider.
    Here are Fran's Rankings:

    1. Kansas
    2. Okla St
    3. Baylor
    4. Oklahoma
    5. Iowa State
    6. Texas
    7. Kansas St
    8. TCU
    9. West Virginia
    10. Texas Tech


    Last edited by nallen34; 08-05-2013 at 05:42 PM.

  10. #10
    Pro
    Points: 44,166, Level: 64
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,057
    Points
    44,166
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,254
    Given: 1,100

    Re: Big 12 Summer Shootaround

    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard4Cy View Post
    I honestly can't see anyone else besides OU being that respectable 5th place team. We could seriously lose all 6 games vs the top 3, and still go 12-6 in league play. That's how bad this league is this year.

    I wish road wins were that easy in conference.



  11. #11
    Starter
    Points: 13,443, Level: 35
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    4theCYcle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Altoona, IA
    Posts
    980
    Points
    13,443
    Level
    35
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 183
    Given: 207

    Re: Big 12 Summer Shootaround

    Quote Originally Posted by nallen34 View Post
    Here is a good read from ESPN:

    Summer Shootaround: Big 12 - ESPN
    I'm going to love when Fred proves all these naysayers again by finishing higher than projected. Can not wait until the season starts...although I hope to enjoy fb too...



  12. #12
    Pro
    Points: 24,769, Level: 48
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 781
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,913
    Points
    24,769
    Level
    48
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 498
    Given: 183

    Re: Big 12 Summer Shootaround

    I don't know if its just my Cardinal and Gold glasses, but why am I one of the few that doesn't feel that the Big12 is as bad as some suggest? Hoiberg, Huggins, Weber, Kruger, Smith, ...just to name a few are quality coaches and their rosters may not be KU or OkSt- loaded, but they still have Div. 1 players and will have competitive teams. Would hope the idea that KU and OKSt could have very few losses will not totally downplay the league in general. I don't know, maybe I just remember how hard it is to win road games, and that it will always be used as a measuring stick against a team making the tourney. Illinois, Purdue, Penn State, Minn, Northwestern, Nebr...are they really 'that' much better than the Big12's bottom 2/3 when you think about it?



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 74,198, Level: 84
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IAStubborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Keokuk
    Posts
    6,324
    Points
    74,198
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,617
    Given: 637

    Re: Big 12 Summer Shootaround

    Quote Originally Posted by CyTwins View Post
    I feel like the top 4 are going to be solid and some team will surprise people and be a respectable #5 in the league. We'll get 5 teams in the tourney
    1.osu
    2.ku
    3.baylor
    4.ISU
    5.wvu
    6.KSU
    7.Texas
    8.Oklahoma
    9.Tech
    10.TCU
    I would guess worst case 4 Best case 7 for NCAA depending on how the young talent pans out.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 76,460, Level: 85
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    jahfg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    3,710
    Points
    76,460
    Level
    85
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 851
    Given: 723

    Re: Big 12 Summer Shootaround

    Quote Originally Posted by westlbcyclone View Post
    I really think that will be OU. I'll hop on the CW love-wagon for Lon Kruger, dude is legit.
    Clearly reading too much CW


    I don't bring my own opinions, just attack others.

  15. #15
    Addict
    Points: 74,198, Level: 84
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 652
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IAStubborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Keokuk
    Posts
    6,324
    Points
    74,198
    Level
    84
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,617
    Given: 637

    Re: Big 12 Summer Shootaround

    Quote Originally Posted by allfourcy View Post
    I don't know if its just my Cardinal and Gold glasses, but why am I one of the few that doesn't feel that the Big12 is as bad as some suggest? Hoiberg, Huggins, Weber, Kruger, Smith, ...just to name a few are quality coaches and their rosters may not be KU or OkSt- loaded, but they still have Div. 1 players and will have competitive teams. Would hope the idea that KU and OKSt could have very few losses will not totally downplay the league in general. I don't know, maybe I just remember how hard it is to win road games, and that it will always be used as a measuring stick against a team making the tourney. Illinois, Purdue, Penn State, Minn, Northwestern, Nebr...are they really 'that' much better than the Big12's bottom 2/3 when you think about it?
    I agree



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM