Only hillside season tickets available?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Starter
    Points: 14,873, Level: 37
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 777
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    702
    Points
    14,873
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 64

    Only hillside season tickets available?

    Out of curiosity, I went to buy season tickets, and unless I'm doing something wrong, only hillside season tickets are available. I know there had been posts before about how you could only buy season tickets in bad seats, but I had no idea it was to the point where you can't even get a season ticket in the stadium! If this is accurate, that is ridiculous. I know some seats have to be reserved for the visitors, but doesn't this mean at least 40k season tickets and maybe even 42k? Either way, that is something I never would've thought was possible outside of a Big 12 championship or some other crazy circumstance. I simply continue to be amazed at the growth of the fanbase since Rhoads has taken over, and even more than the upsets, actually continues to be the most surprising aspect of his tenure IMO.



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 47,482, Level: 67
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PabloDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,817
    Points
    47,482
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 205

    Re: Only hillside season tickets available?



    Cue it up to 12:40. Not only is he a great coach but he is pretty much a prophet.



  3. #3
    All-Star
    Points: 36,836, Level: 59
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,014
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    MartyFine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Warren Co., IA
    Posts
    1,561
    Points
    36,836
    Level
    59
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 29

    Re: Only hillside season tickets available?

    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Out of curiosity, I went to buy season tickets, and unless I'm doing something wrong, only hillside season tickets are available. I know there had been posts before about how you could only buy season tickets in bad seats, but I had no idea it was to the point where you can't even get a season ticket in the stadium! If this is accurate, that is ridiculous. I know some seats have to be reserved for the visitors, but doesn't this mean at least 40k season tickets and maybe even 42k? Either way, that is something I never would've thought was possible outside of a Big 12 championship or some other crazy circumstance. I simply continue to be amazed at the growth of the fanbase since Rhoads has taken over, and even more than the upsets, actually continues to be the most surprising aspect of his tenure IMO.
    It sure looks that way at the website. You might want to call the ticket office to confirm if you are still trying to purchase season tickets that are not hillside.

    Either way it is time to expand the stadium.



  4. #4
    Addict
    Points: 81,504, Level: 88
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 446
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Erik4Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    7,391
    Points
    81,504
    Level
    88
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 324
    Given: 221

    Re: Only hillside season tickets available?

    Quote Originally Posted by PabloDiablo View Post


    Cue it up to 12:40. Not only is he a great coach but he is pretty much a prophet.
    Prophetic indeed. I love it. You would have to pry my season tickets away from my cold, lifeless hands...(cue the "that can be arranged" crowd.)



  5. #5
    Speechless
    Points: 423,980, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,779
    Points
    423,980
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 865
    Given: 414

    Re: Only hillside season tickets available?

    Noticed this a couple weeks ago.

    http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/...-sold-out.html


    Combine that with the note about single game tickets:


    • ONLY a limited number of hillside tickets and “single” reserved seats in the stadium will be available for the Iowa State vs. Iowa game. “Single” reserved seats are scattered across the stadium and are not located next to each other.


    If only scattered singles remain in the stadium for that game, you cant really sell season tickets aside from singles in the stadium.



  6. #6
    Pro
    Points: 47,482, Level: 67
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 868
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    PabloDiablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    2,817
    Points
    47,482
    Level
    67
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 202
    Given: 205

    Re: Only hillside season tickets available?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik4Cy View Post
    Prophetic indeed. I love it. You would have to pry my season tickets away from my cold, lifeless hands...(cue the "that can be arranged" crowd.)
    I just never would have guessed that 2 years later it would be that tough to get season tickets. I'm with you, I'm not letting go of my tickets at all, I plan to will them to my son when I die (which is hopefully in the like 40-50 years or so.)



  7. #7
    Starter
    Points: 14,873, Level: 37
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 777
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    702
    Points
    14,873
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40
    Given: 64

    Re: Only hillside season tickets available?

    Quote Originally Posted by MartyFine View Post
    It sure looks that way at the website. You might want to call the ticket office to confirm if you are still trying to purchase season tickets that are not hillside.

    Either way it is time to expand the stadium.
    Oh I'm not looking to buy tickets myself. I was just curious. But yeah, if this is the reality, the SEZ needs to get bowled in this off season. Shockingly, it is for practical and not vanity reasons, which I never would've thought could happen this soon. When CPR said in the videos that there will come a day when you won't be able to get a ticket, I thought he needed to put down the reefer. Turns out, it's basically true in just 2 years.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 879,677, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    57,632
    Points
    879,677
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,937
    Given: 2,351

    Re: Only hillside season tickets available?

    Quote Originally Posted by PabloDiablo View Post
    I just never would have guessed that 2 years later it would be that tough to get season tickets. I'm with you, I'm not letting go of my tickets at all, I plan to will them to my son when I die (which is hopefully in the like 40-50 years or so.)
    I figured in 4 years, but this is really quick.
    This year, we know that we can't make it often with the baby coming. Still, we know that we had to buy if we wanted to have the chance next year.

    We wanted to, which made it a pretty easy choice. The word for anyone who didn't renew really has to be "Well, good luck next year."


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 279,778, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    chuckd4735's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    15,458
    Points
    279,778
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,305
    Given: 263

    Re: Only hillside season tickets available?

    I know for non National Cyclone Club Seats, they have been sold out for months (besides hillside). Are NCC seats sold out to?



  10. #10
    Addict
    Points: 177,728, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 70.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CyFan61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9,356
    Points
    177,728
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,601
    Given: 417

    Re: Only hillside season tickets available?

    S-E-Z!

    S-E-Z!

    S-E-Z!



    If this season is even remotely successful (6 wins or more), the SEZ announcement really has to come this winter. Can't keep doing this, right?



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 423,980, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,779
    Points
    423,980
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 865
    Given: 414

    Re: Only hillside season tickets available?

    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Oh I'm not looking to buy tickets myself. I was just curious. But yeah, if this is the reality, the SEZ needs to get bowled in this off season. Shockingly, it is for practical and not vanity reasons, which I never would've thought could happen this soon. When CPR said in the videos that there will come a day when you won't be able to get a ticket, I thought he needed to put down the reefer. Turns out, it's basically true in just 2 years.
    Its hit somewhat of a critical mass. The more people buy the more people get tuned into the fact that if they dont buy theyre going to get locked out of the stadium. People have to buy a season ticket to ensure they get in at all (and at this point, there are probably some just now realizing theyre actually too late for this as there are no actual seats remaining!)

    Scarcity of tickets leads to prices going up. Prices going up also causes people to start investing in tickets (scalping purposes or buying season tickets when they wouldve only gone to a few games). People investing causes further scarcity and causes more people to buy for investment or just to ensure a seat. repeat.

    Right now there are iowa tickets going for 300+ (100+ for hillside). UNI easily goes for 100 in the lower bowl, as does Texas. Gone are the days where your ticket is worthless if you can't make it, so it also encourages people to buy season tickets if they cant make a game or two- they just sell the ones they cant make to, and lower their price per game for the games they can make it to.



  12. #12
    All-Star
    Points: 33,131, Level: 56
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,119
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Agclone91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Carroll
    Posts
    1,988
    Points
    33,131
    Level
    56
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 145
    Given: 108

    Re: Only hillside season tickets available?

    I wouldn't be so sure that this will speed the SEZ process up any, they are taking the time they need for a reason and a couple of years where season tickets are hard to come by isn't a bad problem to have. Lots of schools have season tickets that are next to impossible to get.



  13. #13
    Speechless
    Points: 423,980, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    alarson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    21,779
    Points
    423,980
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 865
    Given: 414

    Re: Only hillside season tickets available?

    Quote Originally Posted by Agclone91 View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure that this will speed the SEZ process up any, they are taking the time they need for a reason and a couple of years where season tickets are hard to come by isn't a bad problem to have. Lots of schools have season tickets that are next to impossible to get.
    One problem is its going to make it a mess if we cant get things done in an offseason. Thats a lot of renewals to have to turn away if you suddenly have that area of the stadium unavailable.



  14. #14
    Speechless
    Points: 407,911, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    61,058
    Points
    407,911
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 874
    Given: 604

    Re: Only hillside season tickets available?

    During SEZ construction, hillsides will become a premium.


    Let my Fred's Posse Ride: Georges, Naz, Hogue, Bryce, Nader, Monte, Matt, and McKay.

  15. #15
    Starter
    Points: 19,376, Level: 42
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Sparkplug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indianola
    Posts
    660
    Points
    19,376
    Level
    42
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20
    Given: 41

    Re: Only hillside season tickets available?

    It could be built during the off-season. The cost would be higher because of cold temps and the need to heat the area but it's only money.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Mediacom 22
  • HOOPS: Iowa State vs. Drake
  • December 20, 2014
  • 04:00 PM