Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    Speechless
    Points: 353,585, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    33,325
    Points
    353,585
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,088
    Given: 626

    A-Rod Ban Likely Thru 2014 Season

    Hope it's true and would be awesome if it turned out to be lifetime. Not a baseball fan but love to see cheaters get punished. Especially the ******* arrogant type.

    MLB Sources: A-Rod faces long ban - ESPN



  2. #2
    Pro
    Points: 42,067, Level: 63
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 883
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    CYme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pella, IA
    Posts
    2,297
    Points
    42,067
    Level
    63
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 156
    Given: 170

    Re: A-Rod Ban Likely Thru 2014 Season

    It would probably be more punishment to make him play.



  3. #3
    Speechless
    Points: 288,341, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    17,060
    Points
    288,341
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 516
    Given: 72

    Re: A-Rod Ban Likely Thru 2014 Season

    I'm glad this witch hunt is almost over. Selig is such a joke.



  4. #4
    Pro
    Points: 43,525, Level: 64
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,741
    Points
    43,525
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 5

    Re: A-Rod Ban Likely Thru 2014 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Hope it's true and would be awesome if it turned out to be lifetime. Not a baseball fan but love to see cheaters get punished. Especially the ******* arrogant type.

    MLB Sources: A-Rod faces long ban - ESPN
    Hate this because his team is actually advocating for a lifetime ban so they can get out from under one of the worst contracts in the MLB. I hope they let him play next week. Screw the Yankees.



  5. #5
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 8,090, Level: 26
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    299
    Points
    8,090
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 5

    Re: A-Rod Ban Likely Thru 2014 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I'm glad this witch hunt is almost over. Selig is such a joke.
    Explain?



  6. #6
    Speechless
    Points: 288,341, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    17,060
    Points
    288,341
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 516
    Given: 72

    Re: A-Rod Ban Likely Thru 2014 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad4Cyclones View Post
    Explain?
    Selig was going to do everything in his power to get Braun and A-Rod. He's been after them for the past two years and he's trying to make an example out of them. It's a double standard. Why aren't these other clowns getting suspended for 200 games? He's inconsistent with everything he does. The fact that MLB STILL doesn't have instant replay is beyond pathetic. The fact that the All-Star game means something is also pathetic. He's just bad at his job and needs to retire already.



  7. #7
    Pro
    Points: 43,525, Level: 64
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Borger, TX
    Posts
    2,741
    Points
    43,525
    Level
    64
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 72
    Given: 5

    Re: A-Rod Ban Likely Thru 2014 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    Selig was going to do everything in his power to get Braun and A-Rod. He's been after them for the past two years and he's trying to make an example out of them. It's a double standard. Why aren't these other clowns getting suspended for 200 games? He's inconsistent with everything he does. The fact that MLB STILL doesn't have instant replay is beyond pathetic. The fact that the All-Star game means something is also pathetic. He's just bad at his job and needs to retire already.
    No problem with the Braun suspension. This is essentially a second strike in my mind, and after he blatantly lied on national TV last year(anyone who has taken a chemistry course knew he was lying as well), I am fine with his suspension. He is actually receiving less games than a true second strike calls for.



  8. #8
    Speechless
    Points: 325,151, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points
    CyCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rolling dirty in Roland.
    Posts
    15,339
    Points
    325,151
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 672
    Given: 120

    Re: A-Rod Ban Likely Thru 2014 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    Hate this because his team is actually advocating for a lifetime ban so they can get out from under one of the worst contracts in the MLB. I hope they let him play next week. Screw the Yankees.
    Doesnt matter the Yanks could easily pay him and not bat an eye, but yes I see your point.



  9. #9
    Speechless
    Points: 288,341, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    17,060
    Points
    288,341
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 516
    Given: 72

    Re: A-Rod Ban Likely Thru 2014 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by brett108 View Post
    No problem with the Braun suspension. This is essentially a second strike in my mind, and after he blatantly lied on national TV last year(anyone who has taken a chemistry course knew he was lying as well), I am fine with his suspension. He is actually receiving less games than a true second strike calls for.
    I don't really have a problem with it either. I just want these other guys held to the same standards. The only reason he's being harsher on Braun and A-Rod is because they're big names.



  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 353,585, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    33,325
    Points
    353,585
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,088
    Given: 626

    Re: A-Rod Ban Likely Thru 2014 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I don't really have a problem with it either. I just want these other guys held to the same standards. The only reason he's being harsher on Braun and A-Rod is because they're big names.
    Yeah, it has nothing to do with them lying publicly (more than once).



  11. #11
    Speechless
    Points: 288,341, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    17,060
    Points
    288,341
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 516
    Given: 72

    Re: A-Rod Ban Likely Thru 2014 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUFan22 View Post
    Yeah, it has nothing to do with them lying publicly (more than once).
    Because they're the only ones that have lied?



  12. #12
    Speechless
    Points: 316,157, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialOverdriveCreated Album picturesVeteran
    Cy$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15,655
    Points
    316,157
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,690
    Given: 2,099

    Re: A-Rod Ban Likely Thru 2014 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by CyCrazy View Post
    Doesnt matter the Yanks could easily pay him and not bat an eye, but yes I see your point.
    Yankees are cutting the wage bill quite a bit and will get wieters if arods contract gets canned. Yankees need to get younger


    Cy$ Post of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by BKLYNCyclone View Post
    Damn you embarrassing work thread... Just wet farted outside while on my way back to the office after lunch... Not sure of the damage yet, not really into asking random people on the sidewalk of they can tell if I crapped myself.

  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 124,014, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,882
    Points
    124,014
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,180
    Given: 207

    Re: A-Rod Ban Likely Thru 2014 Season

    I don't understand why everyone hates A-Rod so much. I don't really care either way, but he seems no more worse than any of the other performance enhancing drug users.

    I swear they've been saying they were going to ban him for life or until 2015 for the past 6 months. I'll believe it when I see it.



  14. #14
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 109,098, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,543
    Points
    109,098
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 693
    Given: 0

    Re: A-Rod Ban Likely Thru 2014 Season

    Steroids saved baseball and Selig knows it now as well as he knew it then. That alone makes this and the Braun situation a complete joke.

    Personally, I say let them all juice. I want to see guys sweating horse roids while blasting 700 foot HR's off 120 MPH fastballs.



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 444,895, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ames
    Posts
    24,285
    Points
    444,895
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 469
    Given: 95

    Re: A-Rod Ban Likely Thru 2014 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by CYphyllis View Post
    Steroids saved baseball and Selig knows it now as well as he knew it then. That alone makes this and the Braun situation a complete joke.

    Personally, I say let them all juice. I want to see guys sweating horse roids while blasting 700 foot HR's off 120 MPH fastballs.
    Bingo. He had no problem with anything when McGuire and Sosa were getting interest back into the game after the strike had hurt it.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: Cyclones.TV
  • FOOTBALL: Iowa State vs. UNI
  • September 5, 2015
  • 07:00 PM