Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 86
  1. #61
    Prospect
    Points: 184, Level: 2
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points7 days registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    44
    Points
    184
    Level
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: BLOG: The evolution of Rodney Coe

    My bad. All Big XII should be about right.



  2. #62
    Pro
    Points: 45,033, Level: 65
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 517
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Jambalaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,080
    Points
    45,033
    Level
    65
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 42
    Given: 14

    Re: BLOG: The evolution of Rodney Coe

    Quote Originally Posted by Rural View Post
    There'a a guy who scored TD's as a running back at Texas that now starts at DT for the Bears.

    I'm not saying this is the same but jeez, cool it on the "I fear" stuff.
    Agreed.

    Just be happy we have Coe on campus and on the team with this thin D-Line depth. good gawd people......We should be thankful



  3. #63
    Addict
    Points: 237,148, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    klamath632's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,641
    Points
    237,148
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 295
    Given: 220

    Re: BLOG: The evolution of Rodney Coe

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJustice View Post
    Here is my biggest fear with Coe. Recruited as a RB. Ate his way to DL. Inconsistent effort. Both signs of lack of discipline. Great plays made followed by where the hell was Rodney on that play?

    reminds me of a true fresh who started on the DL at Oklahoma and won a national championship. Big Mo Dampeer. He finally was told by the great coach Mel T he could not play because he could not stop gaining weight. See link.

    Big Moe (Lawerence Dampeer) Tackle NWMSU vs UNA - YouTube
    The same thing is going to happen to you Collin if you don't get off the Internet and get back to workouts.


    Quote Originally Posted by John F. Kennedy
    not because they are easy, but because they are hard ... because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win....

  4. #64
    Speechless
    Points: 253,017, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,541
    Points
    253,017
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 0

    Re: BLOG: The evolution of Rodney Coe


  5. #65
    Speechless
    Points: 727,939, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Cyclonepride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    A pineapple under the sea
    Posts
    47,045
    Points
    727,939
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,071
    Given: 571

    Re: BLOG: The evolution of Rodney Coe

    Between work outs, practice and academics, I get the feeling that most athletes work quite a bit harder than any Internet troll.



  6. #66
    Prospect
    Points: 184, Level: 2
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points7 days registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    44
    Points
    184
    Level
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: BLOG: The evolution of Rodney Coe

    Quote Originally Posted by Rural View Post
    There'a a guy who scored TD's as a running back at Texas that now starts at DT for the Bears.

    I'm not saying this is the same but jeez, cool it on the "I fear" stuff.
    Let's go with my concern as opposed my fear so you can sleep better at night.

    it would be easier to chalk this up as a troll comment so as not to face a real question mark for this upcoming season. Like it or not the reality if it is he better step it up. THE CONCERN is his track record of doing so is a bit checkered.



  7. #67
    Prospect
    Points: 184, Level: 2
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points7 days registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    44
    Points
    184
    Level
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: BLOG: The evolution of Rodney Coe

    Quote Originally Posted by klamath632 View Post
    The same thing is going to happen to you Collin if you don't get off the Internet and get back to workouts.
    It would be so much more convenient if it were the case. Unfortunately it is not. I happen to have a base if knowledge on the subject as opposed to a fly by and why I even commented in the first place on this thread. The questions marks are there whether you want to ignore them to feel better or not.



  8. #68
    Addict
    Points: 237,148, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    klamath632's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,641
    Points
    237,148
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 295
    Given: 220

    Re: BLOG: The evolution of Rodney Coe

    Whatever you say, Collin.


    Quote Originally Posted by John F. Kennedy
    not because they are easy, but because they are hard ... because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win....

  9. #69
    Speechless
    Points: 253,017, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    BryceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    16,541
    Points
    253,017
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 82
    Given: 0

    Re: BLOG: The evolution of Rodney Coe

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJustice View Post
    My bad. All Big XII should be about right.
    Just so you know, this is troll behavior 101. Nobody is saying he is going to be all Big 12. People have repeatedly voiced concerns about the transition because we need him to be productive, including the publisher of this website.

    However, every indication is that the weight he has put on isn't just making him soggy in the midsection. An athletic, 305 guy who looks 275 is just what the doctor ordered for this defense. We need guys in the middle. We should be extremely thankful that he does weigh that so he can compete inside for us.

    Nobody is saying he's a model of discipline. We're only saying that he apparently got his house in order enough to get on campus and the staff is apparently pleased with what they are seeing based on reports. Now it's the offseason so it's pretty much all hype and puff pieces and rightly so. However, at this point we don't know if he'll suck or he'll get up to 340 and be the next Vince Wilfork.

    Let me assure you our world isn't better with you ******* in our cheerios however.




  10. #70
    Prospect
    Points: 184, Level: 2
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points7 days registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    44
    Points
    184
    Level
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Re: BLOG: The evolution of Rodney Coe

    Quote Originally Posted by BryceC View Post
    Just so you know, this is troll behavior 101. Nobody is saying he is going to be all Big 12. People have repeatedly voiced concerns about the transition because we need him to be productive, including the publisher of this website.

    However, every indication is that the weight he has put on isn't just making him soggy in the midsection. An athletic, 305 guy who looks 275 is just what the doctor ordered for this defense. We need guys in the middle. We should be extremely thankful that he does weigh that so he can compete inside for us.

    Nobody is saying he's a model of discipline. We're only saying that he apparently got his house in order enough to get on campus and the staff is apparently pleased with what they are seeing based on reports. Now it's the offseason so it's pretty much all hype and puff pieces and rightly so. However, at this point we don't know if he'll suck or he'll get up to 340 and be the next Vince Wilfork.

    Let me assure you our world isn't better with you ******* in our cheerios however.
    It is a concern going in. Hypersensitivity won't do any good for anything. What good is it to be another cheerleader only. I could talk of the LB position as well. But this was the thread I wanted to comment on because I know a bit more about RC than his stat lines.

    He is on campus. But it was not to be in the role he has been inserted into this early. He is not sloppy now. But he has gained nearly 100 pounds in a situation of being an active football player with the workout requirements of a collegiate player. Not to mention he was not brought to the team as a project DT that needed to put on weight. He was a RB and became a DL out of weight necessity. Not because that was the plan. Get it?

    This is not troll 101. We all know what that truly is. This is being real 101 and pointing out facts. Which you find hard to deal with in your cereal bowl.

    I hope it turns out great. But hope in one hand and wish in the other gets you exactly what the old adage says.

    Sticking your head in the sand is for a different kind of bird. The coaches have the same concerns my friend. What would that make them? I think it makes them good coaches for seeing it for what it is and being proactive to get it fixed before you line up for real. This is not a cheerleader forum, it is about the football team. The good and the bad. Hopefully you wrap up your Cheerios nice and tight.



  11. #71
    Addict
    Points: 160,513, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    ISUFB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mankato, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,529
    Points
    160,513
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32
    Given: 38

    Re: BLOG: The evolution of Rodney Coe

    Quote Originally Posted by klamath632 View Post
    Whatever you say, Collin.
    Are you sure it's Collin? Or did I miss something?


    *****Fearless Leader of the 2012 HawkeyeNation Trolling Invasion*****

    Quote Originally Posted by Londo View Post
    If neither Texas and Oklahoma finish in the top 2 and we finish 7th or higher (all in the BXII of course) , I will legitimately cover myself in feathers, tape myself doing the chicken dance for no less than 3 minutes in the Iowa snow, and post the video to CF in a new thread on Dec. 14th. Book it. Quote me. Do whatever you need to do

  12. #72
    Rookie
    Points: 13,282, Level: 34
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    ChiefCy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    404
    Points
    13,282
    Level
    34
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8
    Given: 8

    Re: BLOG: The evolution of Rodney Coe

    Quote Originally Posted by Aclone View Post
    I don't know why he had to go to IWCC in the first place, other than that he didn't qualify academically. I don't know the reason for that, which could be a great many things. Apparently, neither do you, and yet you are making suppositions beyond that fact.

    Two years at a JC is plenty of time to establish a new trend. Some players struggle to get their degrees even after three years, plus a summer term. Rodney didn't. I'll give him credit for that.
    Sometimes kids go JC because they are not getting offers from major colleges. So was Iowa the only one offering and now instead he signs with the good guys.



  13. #73
    Speechless
    Points: 391,529, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Wesley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    57,160
    Points
    391,529
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 261

    Re: BLOG: The evolution of Rodney Coe

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJustice View Post
    It is a concern going in. Hypersensitivity won't do any good for anything. What good is it to be another cheerleader only. I could talk of the LB position as well. But this was the thread I wanted to comment on because I know a bit more about RC than his stat lines.

    He is on campus. But it was not to be in the role he has been inserted into this early. He is not sloppy now. But he has gained nearly 100 pounds in a situation of being an active football player with the workout requirements of a collegiate player. Not to mention he was not brought to the team as a project DT that needed to put on weight. He was a RB and became a DL out of weight necessity. Not because that was the plan. Get it?

    This is not troll 101. We all know what that truly is. This is being real 101 and pointing out facts. Which you find hard to deal with in your cereal bowl.

    I hope it turns out great. But hope in one hand and wish in the other gets you exactly what the old adage says.

    Sticking your head in the sand is for a different kind of bird. The coaches have the same concerns my friend. What would that make them? I think it makes them good coaches for seeing it for what it is and being proactive to get it fixed before you line up for real. This is not a cheerleader forum, it is about the football team. The good and the bad. Hopefully you wrap up your Cheerios nice and tight.
    So he gained so much weight quickly that he is not ready for prime time?


    CFH HMagic bball season next year.
    Let my Fred's Four Horsemen ride: Georges, Hogue, Nader, and McKay.

  14. #74
    Bench Warmer
    Points: 7,827, Level: 26
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 323
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Des Moines
    Posts
    312
    Points
    7,827
    Level
    26
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 1

    Re: BLOG: The evolution of Rodney Coe

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJustice View Post
    It would be so much more convenient if it were the case. Unfortunately it is not. I happen to have a base if knowledge on the subject as opposed to a fly by and why I even commented in the first place on this thread. The questions marks are there whether you want to ignore them to feel better or not.
    Hey Collin - based on your posts about why you left ISU you clearly struggle relating to people that aren't "like you". That should work out well for you in life.



  15. #75
    Speechless
    Points: 856,861, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    CycloneErik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jamerica
    Posts
    55,041
    Points
    856,861
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,284
    Given: 1,116

    Re: BLOG: The evolution of Rodney Coe

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJustice View Post
    It is a concern going in. Hypersensitivity won't do any good for anything. What good is it to be another cheerleader only. I could talk of the LB position as well. But this was the thread I wanted to comment on because I know a bit more about RC than his stat lines.

    He is on campus. But it was not to be in the role he has been inserted into this early. He is not sloppy now. But he has gained nearly 100 pounds in a situation of being an active football player with the workout requirements of a collegiate player. Not to mention he was not brought to the team as a project DT that needed to put on weight. He was a RB and became a DL out of weight necessity. Not because that was the plan. Get it?

    This is not troll 101. We all know what that truly is. This is being real 101 and pointing out facts. Which you find hard to deal with in your cereal bowl.

    I hope it turns out great. But hope in one hand and wish in the other gets you exactly what the old adage says.

    Sticking your head in the sand is for a different kind of bird. The coaches have the same concerns my friend. What would that make them? I think it makes them good coaches for seeing it for what it is and being proactive to get it fixed before you line up for real. This is not a cheerleader forum, it is about the football team. The good and the bad. Hopefully you wrap up your Cheerios nice and tight.
    Sticking our head in the sand is not the same as working from the observable evidence that Rodney turned things around over those 2 years. in JUCO. That's all the evidence out there, so we're working from that.

    So, being real 101 suggests that we look at actual evidence. As far as we know, he turned around and is good to go. The other version is to extrapolate problems that evidence argues against, which is an odd definition of real.


    Since we are an elite team now, let's go get that One Cyclone Moment.
    Make this one for the ages!




    http://rememberingdoria.wordpress.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • Football
  • Iowa State vs. North Dakota State
  • August 30, 2014
  • 11:00 AM