Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 83
  1. #1
    Hall-Of-Famer
    Points: 77,125, Level: 86
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,225
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Goothrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    4,476
    Points
    77,125
    Level
    86
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 598
    Given: 253

    For those who are getting or who have a degree in engineering

    Rip 'n Shred - Shred 'n Rip

    Check out my ratings site!

  2. #2
    Addict
    Points: 66,972, Level: 80
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 1,078
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    pulse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,829
    Points
    66,972
    Level
    80
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 365
    Given: 196

    Re: For those who are getting or who have a degree in engineering

    That was way too long and not overly good.



  3. #3
    Addict
    Points: 144,075, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    WhatchaGonnaDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,901
    Points
    144,075
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 834
    Given: 319

    Re: For those who are getting or who have a degree in engineering

    I thoroughly enjoyed that



  4. #4
    All-Star
    Points: 27,528, Level: 50
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,800
    Points
    27,528
    Level
    50
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 460
    Given: 1,590

    Re: For those who are getting or who have a degree in engineering

    This would have been better at 20 things, but a lot did apply to me.



  5. #5
    Starter
    Points: 15,298, Level: 37
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 352
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    StratCY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    659
    Points
    15,298
    Level
    37
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 301
    Given: 315

    Re: For those who are getting or who have a degree in engineering

    # 21 easily my favorite, and the most truthful.



  6. #6
    Addict
    Points: 140,946, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    oldman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,591
    Points
    140,946
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 679
    Given: 2,118

    Re: For those who are getting or who have a degree in engineering

    #s 30 and 31 really struck home.


    "Just remember, what you choose to do with each day is very important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it" -ET

    "I'm trying not to sweat the small stuff in my life, but there is a definite learning curve." -CE

  7. #7
    Addict
    Points: 156,932, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,563
    Points
    156,932
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,362
    Given: 434

    Re: For those who are getting or who have a degree in engineering

    95% of these applied to me and I'm not an engineering major. Get off your high horses engineers. But yea... **** liberal arts majors though.



  8. #8
    All-Star
    Points: 30,417, Level: 53
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    JBone84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    1,604
    Points
    30,417
    Level
    53
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 95
    Given: 1,926

    Re: For those who are getting or who have a degree in engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCyclones2015 View Post
    95% of these applied to me and I'm not an engineering major. Get off your high horses engineers. But yea... **** liberal arts majors though.
    Says the guy who's not an Engineer. Ha. We laugh at you. Ha Ha. Scurry on your way!



  9. #9
    Addict
    Points: 156,932, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,563
    Points
    156,932
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,362
    Given: 434

    Re: For those who are getting or who have a degree in engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by JBone84 View Post
    Says the guy who's not an Engineer. Ha. We laugh at you. Ha Ha. Scurry on your way!
    My friends said the same thing until I got an internship this summer that pays $25/hr, pays for my apartment in downtown Minneapolis, and gave me $500 moving expenses. Plus paid holidays and 3 days of paid vacation. Did I mention I was only a sophomore (upcoming junior) with under a 3.0? ***** please.

    My engineering friends? Only one of them got an internship that wasn't a lab on campus. His pays $17/hr and that's it.


    Last edited by ISUCyclones2015; 07-26-2013 at 03:59 PM.

  10. #10
    Speechless
    Points: 318,135, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    26,763
    Points
    318,135
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,062
    Given: 9,479

    Re: For those who are getting or who have a degree in engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCyclones2015 View Post
    My friends said the same thing until I got an internship this summer that pays $25/hr, pays for my apartment in downtown Minneapolis, and gave me $500 moving expenses. Plus paid holidays and 3 days of paid vacation. Did I mention I was only a sophomore (upcoming junior) with under a 3.0? ***** please.

    My engineering friends? Only one of them got an internship that wasn't a lab on campus. His pays $17/hr and that's it.

    wait, what do you do to get $25/hr as an intern?


    slushy button whore

  11. #11
    Pro
    Points: 39,725, Level: 61
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 625
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CycloneNorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    2,125
    Points
    39,725
    Level
    61
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 38
    Given: 13

    Re: For those who are getting or who have a degree in engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCyclones2015 View Post
    95% of these applied to me and I'm not an engineering major. Get off your high horses engineers. But yea... **** liberal arts majors though.
    I would really like to know which 33.25 of those apply to you.


    Keepers of the Faith -- Member

    Keepers of the Faith is an alliance for those who are excited, enthusiastic, and optimistic about the direction of our men's basketball program. We reject the notion that one bad loss can derail the incredible progress of the past three years. To join, put this in your signature.

  12. #12
    Addict
    Points: 144,075, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    WhatchaGonnaDo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,901
    Points
    144,075
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 834
    Given: 319

    Re: For those who are getting or who have a degree in engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCyclones2015 View Post
    My friends said the same thing until I got an internship this summer that pays $25/hr, pays for my apartment in downtown Minneapolis, and gave me $500 moving expenses. Plus paid holidays and 3 days of paid vacation. Did I mention I was only a sophomore (upcoming junior) with under a 3.0? ***** please.

    My engineering friends? Only one of them got an internship that wasn't a lab on campus. His pays $17/hr and that's it.
    Because money is everything



  13. #13
    Addict
    Points: 71,531, Level: 83
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,619
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    wxman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cedar Rapids
    Posts
    6,901
    Points
    71,531
    Level
    83
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,556
    Given: 1,201

    Re: For those who are getting or who have a degree in engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by ISUCyclones2015 View Post
    My friends said the same thing until I got an internship this summer that pays $25/hr, pays for my apartment in downtown Minneapolis, and gave me $500 moving expenses. Plus paid holidays and 3 days of paid vacation. Did I mention I was only a sophomore (upcoming junior) with under a 3.0? ***** please.

    My engineering friends? Only one of them got an internship that wasn't a lab on campus. His pays $17/hr and that's it.
    It is a sad fact of a lot of engineers personalities that everyone that is not an engineer is below them.



  14. #14
    Rookie
    Points: 5,224, Level: 21
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    358
    Points
    5,224
    Level
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 110
    Given: 4

    Re: For those who are getting or who have a degree in engineering

    This just came up and is only tangentially related. I work with a woman who has a bachelor's degree in EE, a masters in Comp E, started working towards a PhD then moved and decided to get a law degree. She did, then passed the bar on her first try.

    I just emailed a group of people to find out if they had Acrobat on their computer because if they don't, they're going to need it. She replied and said she doesn't know what software would allow her to edit PDF documents but if she could get whatever software that is that it would be very helpful.

    She also addressed me as Scott, which is odd because that isn't my name. And my name is in my signature and quite clear as the sender in Outlook.

    Now as I type this, she let me know she mistyped my name but is still interested in hearing more about "Acrobat". She put quotes around Acrobat.

    Me thinks she O'Leary'd someone. No way that resume is legit.

    Oh, one other time she emailed me and was confused by the fact that all of the names in her "From" view in Outlook had her name on them and she couldn't figure out who actually sent the emails. After 10 minutes of listening to her tell me how Outlook was broken and she needed someone to come fix it, I finally figured out she was viewing her Sent mail instead of her Inbox.

    Sometimes I enjoy her emails, sometimes I want to pull out what little hair I have left.

    /rant



  15. #15
    Speechless
    Points: 318,135, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    cowgirl836's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    26,763
    Points
    318,135
    Level
    100
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,062
    Given: 9,479

    Re: For those who are getting or who have a degree in engineering

    Quote Originally Posted by kchacker View Post
    This just came up and is only tangentially related. I work with a woman who has a bachelor's degree in EE, a masters in Comp E, started working towards a PhD then moved and decided to get a law degree. She did, then passed the bar on her first try.

    I just emailed a group of people to find out if they had Acrobat on their computer because if they don't, they're going to need it. She replied and said she doesn't know what software would allow her to edit PDF documents but if she could get whatever software that is that it would be very helpful.

    She also addressed me as Scott, which is odd because that isn't my name. And my name is in my signature and quite clear as the sender in Outlook.

    Now as I type this, she let me know she mistyped my name but is still interested in hearing more about "Acrobat". She put quotes around Acrobat.

    Me thinks she O'Leary'd someone. No way that resume is legit.

    Oh, one other time she emailed me and was confused by the fact that all of the names in her "From" view in Outlook had her name on them and she couldn't figure out who actually sent the emails. After 10 minutes of listening to her tell me how Outlook was broken and she needed someone to come fix it, I finally figured out she was viewing her Sent mail instead of her Inbox.

    Sometimes I enjoy her emails, sometimes I want to pull out what little hair I have left.

    /rant
    a case of book sense but no common sense? There was a lady like that at our church a few years back. She was a psychologist or something with letters behind her name, but you couldn't carry on a normal conversation with her - she had absolutely no common sense.


    slushy button whore

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
  • TV: TBA
  • Football Season Opener vs. UNI
  • September 3, 2016
  • 07:00 PM